• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#241 Shiftygism

Shiftygism

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

I still can't order the $10 code.

Don't know why they're trying to charge me $8 when I have enough points to pay for the code.

I ordered one in the past a few years back, but that shouldn't be a problem. Back then I didn't need to pay anything to use my points like it's telling me now.

Edit: Nevermind, I log in tonight and see it has a blue cardmember exclusive banner on the $10 code offer, it wasn't there before. Hopefully I can catch it the next time it's available to everyone. It seems like they only let non cardmembers in on those at certain times.....at least that's how they did the non PSN specific codes in the past.

EDIT: Ok, there seems to be two thumbnails to the $10 PSN Code depending on how you get to the offer, one with a cardmember banner, and another without. You'd think they'd catch something like that.

#242 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

I tried to do this but after completing the first game, it told me that the offer expired on March 10 (which is today by the way) so it seems like it should be valid through midnight.  Any suggestions?  I still need 25 points to get 500.

Selling on Amazon as Gaming Cheaply

Please feel free to PM me if there is a game you want to purchase cheaper than Amazon Warehouse or Gamestop.

#243 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

I still can't order the $10 code.

Don't know why they're trying to charge me $8 when I have enough points to pay for the code.

I ordered one in the past a few years back, but that shouldn't be a problem. Back then I didn't need to pay anything to use my points like it's telling me now.

Edit: Nevermind, I log in tonight and see it has a blue cardmember exclusive banner on the $10 code offer, it wasn't there before. Hopefully I can catch it the next time it's available to everyone. It seems like they only let non cardmembers in on those at certain times.....at least that's how they did the non PSN specific codes in the past.

EDIT: Ok, there seems to be two thumbnails to the $10 PSN Code depending on how you get to the offer, one with a cardmember banner, and another without. You'd think they'd catch something like that.

Is this the item that you're looking at?  There's a $10 PlayStation Store code item and a $10 Sony Entertainment Network code item.  I think only the latter is limited to cardmembers.

#244 VoodooPeople

VoodooPeople

The Voodoo who do what you don't dare to do

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

I tried to do this but after completing the first game, it told me that the offer expired on March 10 (which is today by the way) so it seems like it should be valid through midnight.  Any suggestions?  I still need 25 points to get 500.

Try to register some Blu-Ray.

#245 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

Try to register some Blu-Ray.

Is there a daily limit? I tried last night did about 4 got shut off. Got like 4 pts. /Flex

#246 micbelt

micbelt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

I get 45 points per register and its 10 a month with 3 a day max

micbelt.png

#247 matrixman92

matrixman92

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

woah, didnt know this had another thread...been following a dead one lol. But yeah, I ordered a 5 dollar code and never received it. It took the points from my account and I got a confirmation email. Some people in the other thread said there is a link in your account that will show you the code, i have seen no such thing. I ordered it before they sold out. I contacted them and they told me to contact playstation because it wasnt their fault(which makes no sense), I contacted playstation and they said to contact sony rewards...so im just running around in circles with no code

#248 Shiftygism

Shiftygism

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

Is this the item that you're looking at?  There's a $10 PlayStation Store code item and a $10 Sony Entertainment Network code item.  I think only the latter is limited to cardmembers.

This morning there were two different links to the $10 PSN code you just posted, one was shown as an exclusive, the other was not, however both required me to pay $8 for the code despite having enough points.

Ok, and now as I try to link the different thumbnails, I see they've updated the exclusive code from a PSN with a cardmember banner to the Sony Entertainment Network code with a banner which is linked from the "Show me what I can get now" option.

The non-exclusive $10 PSN code is accessible from the "Browse All Products" option then "Playstation Digital Products" (what you just linked), however after I put it in my cart, it will take me to a security answer screen where I have to enter my favorite television show, and after doing so I'm greeted to a checkout saying I have to pay $8.00 to get it despite having enough points.

I'm essentially locked out of both it and every deal as I see that trying to purchase some earbuds for 999 points requires me to pay $7.99 to unlock those points at check out, despite having 1,005 total.

Looks like I'm gonna have to call support, and soon because I see my points will expire at the end of the month.

#249 DevilDawq

DevilDawq

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:00 AM

If you pre order and purchase Infamous Second Son from gamestop you'll get a code on your receipt for 500 points(worth $5). I already pre ordered 3, plan on returning two.

#250 kevolones

kevolones

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

Ok I finally got the spider man site to work. I was using cyberghost free to connect to the UK, didnt work. While connected I decided to use Hola Unblocker extension set to canada, worked.

This worked perfectly with Firefox. Thanks volt!

SR link wont work without the unity program though so make sure you install it if youre experiencing the same problem.

PS: Im now getting the we cannot complete transaction error lol. I have more than 1000 points and cant use them. Ill try later

#251 Doomburrito7

Doomburrito7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

If you pre order and purchase Infamous Second Son from gamestop you'll get a code on your receipt for 500 points(worth $5). I already pre ordered 3, plan on returning two.

I wonder how many of these a person could possibly get away with...as much as they can afford? I assume Gamestop can't prevent you from buying multiple copies or from returning them, right?

#252 Thermopyle

Thermopyle

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

I wonder how many of these a person could possibly get away with...as much as they can afford? I assume Gamestop can't prevent you from buying multiple copies or from returning them, right?

Nope. If you did it on a CC you'd probably not have to pay anything. Though if they do have the ability to tell when the points have been used that could create an issue; the points are part of the purchase and so using them prior to the return could be considered equivalent of an open-box return (trade-in) instead of a refund situation.

Then again it's not like you can't just take the copies to Walmart or wherever to get your money back that way.

Thermopyle2.png

#253 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

Don't do return fraud.

#254 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

Are you a hobo?

Serious question. 

#255 DevilDawq

DevilDawq

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

Are you a hobo?

Serious question.

No.

Serious answer.

#256 DevilDawq

DevilDawq

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

Nope. If you did it on a CC you'd probably not have to pay anything. Though if they do have the ability to tell when the points have been used that could create an issue; the points are part of the purchase and so using them prior to the return could be considered equivalent of an open-box return (trade-in) instead of a refund situation.

Then again it's not like you can't just take the copies to Walmart or wherever to get your money back that way.

I don't even think it matters if you redeem it. I preordered Killzone and bought it the day it came out, a few days later I realized I didn't want it, and when I returned it the gamestop employee asked if I wanted the receipt because there were codes on it.

#257 kevolones

kevolones

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

"Sorry, no more coupon code is available for ' $10 PlayStation®Store Code', please remove the product from your cart."

Stupid website

#258 KrisMKX

KrisMKX

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

Return to Walmart or wherever? That is theft by deception! You ppl that hard up for $5 codes?????

106889.png

#259 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

Return to Walmart or wherever? That is theft by deception! You ppl that hard up for $5 codes?????

The point was pre ordering second son to get 500 points, so pre ordering numerous copies and returning second son is what he meant.

I'm Not justifying the stupidity of the return fraud suggestion!

#260 samusaran226

samusaran226

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

This is the BS response I got from support:

Thank you for contacting Sony Rewards Online Support.

We are currently researching your issue.  We appreciate your patience as we try to resolve.  In the meantime, we recommend that you discontinue trying to place orders on Sony Rewards until we can resolve.

Kind regards,

The Sony Rewards Team

Now it says that the $10 code is sold out. I don't want them to come back and tell me I couldn't order it because it was sold out when people here were ordering the code after I posted that it would not let me order. How the heck do you "sell out" of digital codes for a digital store? This is pretty lame.

#261 matrixman92

matrixman92

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:56 AM

This is the BS response I got from support:

Thank you for contacting Sony Rewards Online Support.

We are currently researching your issue.  We appreciate your patience as we try to resolve.  In the meantime, we recommend that you discontinue trying to place orders on Sony Rewards until we can resolve.

Kind regards,

The Sony Rewards Team

Now it says that the $10 code is sold out. I don't want them to come back and tell me I couldn't order it because it was sold out when people here were ordering the code after I posted that it would not let me order. How the heck do you "sell out" of digital codes for a digital store? This is pretty lame.

I have been in contact with them for dayssss. I ordered a code, took the points, never got the code in an email. Their support is terrible and just gives the most basic and generic answers. At first they told me to contact playstation for some reason lol

#262 samaside

samaside

nerdophiles.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:16 AM

This plus the $10 gift card I have on there already should pay for (most) of Child of Light. Sweet!

#263 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

I'm still trying to order either a 10 or 20 dollar code on another account using 500+card to save on 5 bucks and it still won't let me.
10 is sold out now, but still no luck on 20.

Either PSN card ordering is busted, or they don't want to allow the same card on 2 accounts.

560501.png

xivpads.png

retrosig.png?a_gc=255%2C110%2C13&a_mc=25

#264 Doomburrito7

Doomburrito7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

Glad I'm a card member so I can use the exclusive $10 SEN code. :D

#265 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

$5 and $10 are OOS. I can't afford the $20.... :\ 

#266 PRrambo

PRrambo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

well damn, with infamous i will have 1000 points, but ill guess ill have to wait for them to "restock" before my points expire

#267 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:25 AM

$20 can be added to cart but says OOS when trying to checkout :(

560501.png

xivpads.png

retrosig.png?a_gc=255%2C110%2C13&a_mc=25

#268 Jumblez

Jumblez

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:33 AM

Any idea how long it takes to "restock"?

#269 Niche_Hero

Niche_Hero

Super Niche

• CAG Veteran

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:25 AM

Any idea how long it takes to "restock"?

for the $5, my guess is never. $10 says back in stock for me. 

#270 SonicGamer

SonicGamer

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

i have enough to get a 5 dollar and since now i get 1 point per dvd bluray im done with them got my 10 when 5 come in ill get that than im done unless they have more promos 

I save 24/7 on retro/next gen/ and last gen etc. Deals is my go to and my specialty if you ain't talking deals you ain't talking my language! game on!!  Most of the things i get are FREE!