taken from here
Instructions to Avoid Common Mistakes for the $60 Rebate:
Activation is required prior to rebate redemption. This will require a valid credit card. A one-year subscription is included so this will not cost extra if you cancel the automatic renewal service.
- After receipt, activate online [totaldefense.com] or by installing. You card will not be charged but there will be a 30-day, $1 authorization. During this process you will sign up for their automatic renewal service.
- Use the link on your account page to "Cancel Automatic Renewal Service" [totaldefense.com]. Doing this will not impact your rebate. You may receive an error if you try to cancel immediately after activation; try again in 10 minutes. Sometimes it may take up to a couple days for the error to clear up. Several users have had issues when trying to cancel with Internet Explorer. If the "Processing Request" message hangs for more than a few seconds, try another browser such as FireFox.
- Submit rebate
- As requested, submit your Newegg invoice (not the packing slip, order confirmation, or order status page).
- The only UPC required for the Total Defense bundle rebate is the Total Defense UPC.
- Avoid taping over the print on the Total Defense UPC. Acrylic tape can cause thermal labels like the Total Defense UPC to fade. Hot melt tapes such as Scotch brand packing tapes (except "moving & storage") do not cause this problem.
- As always, scan/copy everything that you submit.
- Track your rebate:
- You can use the "Check Rebate Status" link in the email titled "Rebate Registration Confirmation".
- You can also enter your information for the $60 rebate at totaldefense.4myrebate.com [4myrebate.com] (not at www.4myrebate.com).
- Your documentation should be received within a few weeks. If not you need to follow up ASAP.
- Receive rebate
- Cancel Automatic Renewal Service if not already done.
- One year from activation: subscription automatically expires without additional charges.