PSA: Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter Available Today 3/7 Selling out quickly!

Hemi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
The Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter is now available today. This will allow your headset's from your 360 to now work on your Xbox One for chat (no longer requiring the use of kinect as a mic). But expect extremely high demand for these for a while. SO GET YOURS FAST!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microsoft+-+Xbox+One+Stereo+Headset+Adapter/9008243.p?skuId=9008243&productCategoryId=pcmcat310600050022&id=1219013503686

Best buy still has them in pretty much every store for in store pick up from what I can tell for the MSRP of $24.99.
Gamestop has it as well (for a markup of a further $5, bringing it to $29.99...)
www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-stereo-headset-adapter/113825 (Copy and paste)

However they have it available for shipping while BB seem's to be sold out.
If you are looking to get it, place an order now, you can always cancel or return it but don't hesitate.

Both BB and Amazon are sold out for shipping, which is a sign of low availability across the board. So while MSRP at BB it is still a deal, as you can expect these to sell out for at least the first batch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this!  I had completely forgotten that it was coming out today.  Was able to order one from my local best buy with pickup and had 15 dollars of reward zone certs to use!

Many Thanks!

As far as I know, Amazon just never got them. Same with the media remote. They mention delays and were hoping to start shipping around today.

I am going to Best Buy today to pick this up. I really wish EDF 2025 was carried in stores, then I would pair it with this and get a quick 15% off.

As far as I know, Amazon just never got them. Same with the media remote. They mention delays and were hoping to start shipping around today.
I ordered mine from Amazon, so yes, they got them. You had to preorder it pretty early (Feb 12-14) and after that they have been unavailable ever since.

So... what are some popular headsets that will work with these? I'm just looking to hook up a headset directly to the controller without having anything go into the TV/receiver. Any recommendations?

i preordered my polk 4 shot in febuaray and it seems amazon just had like 10 in stock and gamestops shipment got delayed till monday :(.

Unless these play game audio they're unless. I converted mine a long time ago, they only played voice. I'll have to check again, maybe the update took care of it.

[quote name="ps360wii" post="11589900" timestamp="1394202188"]got the stereo headset for 67.99 when i pre-ordered titanfall for 47.99[/quote]great idea. I will do this and cancel my original Titanfall game preorder now.

Unless these play game audio they're unless. I converted mine a long time ago, they only played voice. I'll have to check again, maybe the update took care of it.
I received mine from Amazon yesterday -- they pass both game and voice. They also work with TV/Netflix, pretty much all X1 output so far as I can tell. I use them with some astro a40s -- sound seems good, although the bass doesn't seem as punchy as my mixamp.

Make sure to look at xbox.com and look for info on the headset adapter...not all headsets will work. None of my Trittons or Turtle Beach headsets work. I think it's fail that they don't put that info on the box, instead you have to go to the xbox website to figure it out.

From a review on Best Buy's website:

"I took my Razer Electra headphones with the in-line microphone and hooked them up to the adaptor, not only do I get game audio, but it also recognizes the mic on it , allowing me to chat with it."

I ordered one for store pick just now! Now I can use my turtle beaches again! Thanks!
That's the reason why I just ordered a set of these. I am surprised that Microsoft didn't make their own HDMI cables that require us to get an adapter for our TV :D. But on a serious note, Microsoft isn't blind and quickly realized that there are many people out there that prefer professional headsets over the Standard Microsoft once. This is just another way for them to increase their revenues for this gen-console.

I'm going to assume this will work with the new Sony Gold Headset, since it uses a 3.5mm audio cable for Vita & "Mobile Devices." Can anyone confirm? WORLDS COLIDE

Thinking I might get sony gold headset for $85 with discount since I can use that wirelessly on PC as well and use the cord to use the adapter on xbox. Game from PC from couch too via headset.

Guy above me, I read on neogaf someone has used sony gold and works. Sorry don't have link. I believe it will since this adapter is ctia standard and sony uses that on their ps4 controller. But I would love a real confirmation here. I will go ahead and buy assuming it works.

Make sure to look at xbox.com and look for info on the headset adapter...not all headsets will work. None of my Trittons or Turtle Beach headsets work. I think it's fail that they don't put that info on the box, instead you have to go to the xbox website to figure it out.
I don't see anything about specific headset compatibility on the Xbox.com page for the adapter but it does say this:

"Any 3.5mm stereo headset (that uses the CTIA plug standard) can get stereo game audio by plugging into the adapter"

I'm thinking your Tritton and Turtle Beach headsets get audio from the Xbox 360 console via SPDIF. It's nice that they actually seemed to follow a standard for this adapter. Most phone headsets should work. See here for more information. Hopefully we get some reports back from people testing this out.

Thinking I might get sony gold headset for $85 with discount since I can use that wirelessly on PC as well and use the cord to use the adapter on xbox. Game from PC from couch too via headset. Guy above me, I read on neogaf someone has used sony gold and works. Sorry don't have link. I believe it will since this adapter is ctia standard and sony uses that on their ps4 controller. But I would love a real confirmation here. I will go ahead and buy assuming it works.
I'll try it tonight and let you know. This would be amazing if it works.

Alrighty got the sony golds for $85 and just put in some bunk 360 game for 2.40 for shipping. I don't want any games out right now and since preorders don't work I'll just take the $2.40 loss on the game for a total $12.50 in savings haha. I will try to order mgs on Tuesday with adapter and hope the 15% still works since I didn't see an end date on promo.

Killer that would be awesome. Let us know, please test the mic out as well, thanks!

Alrighty got the sony golds for $85 and just put in some bunk 360 game for 2.40 for shipping. I don't want any games out right now and since preorders don't work I'll just take the $2.40 loss on the game for a total $12.50 in savings haha. I will try to order mgs on Tuesday with adapter and hope the 15% still works since I didn't see an end date on promo. Killer that would be awesome. Let us know, please test the mic out as well, thanks!
I'm assuming the Sony Pulse Editions will work as well, right?

[quote name="nJoy7" post="11590197" timestamp="1394209780"]I'm assuming the Sony Pulse Editions will work as well, right?[/quote]do the pulse have the 3.5mm cord? That's what the adapter on xbone will use. Mic standard is always the iffy part but I'm sure audio will work

Ordered one with power gig 360 (2.40 after gcu lol) to get the 15 % off , just gonna return the power gig when I get around to it .

I received mine from Amazon yesterday -- they pass both game and voice. They also work with TV/Netflix, pretty much all X1 output so far as I can tell. I use them with some astro a40s -- sound seems good, although the bass doesn't seem as punchy as my mixamp.
Have you set your sound to dolby digital through optical since the patch?

Is the XO Seven going to be completely wireless?  In other words do we need this adapter even with that headset?  

Thanks nJoy7, I was holding out for the XO seven because I thought it would be completely wireless.  I might was well use my tangos with the adapter and save a ton of money.

Have you set your sound to dolby digital through optical since the patch?
Not yet -- my mixamp is currently plugged into the 360 in my bedroom. I just wanted to make sure the headset worked via the adapter. Still not sure if I want to go through the effort of moving it to the x1, or just live with stereo in the hope that they'll add dolby headphone to the adapter.

so basically anything wireless or bluetooth you had on the 360

"The Xbox One's newly announced headset adapter will not work with the Tritton Warhead, Tritton Primer, Xbox 360 Wireless and Xbox 360 Wireless Bluetooth headsets, according to the Xbox support page."

[quote name="Kevlar338" post="11590223" timestamp="1394210471"]Ordered one with power gig 360 (2.40 after gcu lol) to get the 15 % off , just gonna return the power gig when I get around to it .[/quote]lol I did the same. If I end up forgetting about it then whatever. Or wait if I have another return to do it together. Not a big deal for me either way.

I got one of these on tuesday and set it up with my turtle beach tango headset and it works flawlessly. And now that the Dolby update went out for the optical everything sounds great game-wise and crystal clear chat wise.

I plan to run xb1 in to my Dolby processor via optical then to my beaches. Use the inline control to run chat to my beaches. Same setup I had for my 360. Anyone see any flaws or better way to run this.

I sure did. Followed all the instructions on the turtle beach site (except I'm using a generic cable, not the turtle beach 'chat cable')
Maybe it's that cable? On microsoft's site they talk about two different cables and how one will give you chat problems. It sounds like you can get a converter for it to make it work right though.

Maybe it's that cable? On microsoft's site they talk about two different cables and how one will give you chat problems. It sounds like you can get a converter for it to make it work right though.
Yeah you're probably right, sucks to have to pay another $10 for a cable but it's better than buying a whole new headset.

bread's done
Back