Free digital code of Forza 5 with purchase of Xbox One console at select retailers(BB)

Was really hoping Target was doing this so I could attempt to get one with my Xbone purchase from a few weeks ago. Oh well. Enjoy people!

Dude, seriously! Then again, I'm really not sure how I feel about digital copies anyway, since I heard you can't replace the hard drive.
It's always in your download history so you could always download it again if you deleted it or got a new console.

Bb site says "error not found" . Not in ad either...
When I click the link:

2r2putl.jpg

Very....I would definitely buy the Xbox One if I got 2 free games!

Oh well guess Ill wait until Halo 5 comes out.

To me this was a big misstep on their part because you're trying to drive some install base by eating a little bit of software cost. Everyone that's picking up an Xone this week is doing so for Titanfall so you're really not running much of a promo at all. Would have snagged a lot more people if you were giving them both games but with the impetus that you only get Forza by buying this week or however long the promo is.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I click the link:

2r2putl.jpg

To me this was a big misstep on their part because you're trying to drive some install base by eating a little bit of software cost. Everyone that's picking up an Xone this week is doing so for Titanfall so you're really not running much of a promo at all. Would have snagged a lot more people if you were giving them both games but with the impetus that you only get Forza by buying this week or however long the promo is.
While I agree that getting both would be awesome, the reason they are offering Forza 5 with the vanilla consoles is to try to move the systems. Almost everyone who is buying is going for the Titanfall version, which is going to mean an awful lot of green boxes left on the shelf. If someone goes to the store and they are out of the Titanfall version, getting Forza 5 might convince them to buy an Xbox One anyway, since they are at least getting a "free" game.

Dude, seriously! Then again, I'm really not sure how I feel about digital copies anyway, since I heard you can't replace the hard drive.
You can, it's just that its stupidly anti-consumer engineered just like the 360. I took apart my ps3 and 360 last year to clean and preemptively replace the thermal paste with article silver ceramiq 2 and the 360 is such a mess to disassemble compared to the PS3 its RIDICULOUS.

Watch the disassembly videos of the 4 and One on YouTube and it's the same story this gen.

Then there's consumers like me who don't care about Titanfall and would be cool, free Forza 5.  And that may be who MS is marketing this towards.  

Also, remember M$ giving Forza 5 away is pittens, it will not cost them hardly anything at all. Should be two games.

Then there's consumers like me who don't care about Titanfall and would be cool, free Forza 5. And that may be who MS is marketing this towards.
Which is all fine and well but still seems a tactical error on their part, but they're the company with billions so that's just my opinion. Know I wouldn't have been the only person to cave at full price if they were doing both though.

Why would you, as an owner of a company, give two $60 msrp games for free with a system that you make 0 profit on per sale as it is? That is completely stupid to do. What irks me is the crap the early adoptors endured by missing one of two free games only 3 months into supporting the system for just that, supporting the ststem

Because I'm not going to play those two games the entire time I have the console, and I'm not going to play by myself all the time, and I'm going to play online with my friends.

So those2 free games (that cost Microsoft f$10 maybe) could easily turn into more money on accessories, more games, and Xbox live.

Why would you, as an owner of a company, give two $60 msrp games for free with a system that you make 0 profit on per sale as it is? That is completely stupid to do. What irks me is the crap the early adoptors endured by missing one of two free games only 3 months into supporting the system for just that, supporting the ststem
Because your goal is to get the hardware into peoples homes so that they continue to buy the games that you profit on, plus subscribe to your service that you profit on, for the next 10 years. You profit on your hardware by creating as large of an install base as possible while working to drive up your attach rate. Not to mention that MS also sells targeted ads on every console connected to the internet and offers paid DLC for those games as well to offset that. Assuming they sell around the estimated 50,000 a month but get an extra 10% system sales that's not worth it? Then there's the reports that PS4 is still outselling Xone nearly 2:1, while PS4s are scare and Xones are relatively easy to find, so leveraging a low cost incentive to entice sales instead of resorting to a price is a bad strategy?

The goal, even more so with the emphasis on digital distribution these days, is to get people into your ecosystem so they continue to spend in your ecosystem. Giving away something you own with no actual cost attached to it (aside from the little it costs them to distribute it) to people that may not have bought that product anyway isn't a loss if that product gets them to spend hundreds or thousands down the road. They also want an all digital future and doing things like that helps drive the value home in a practical way. It would have been extremely aggressive on MS's part but they could really have seized a lot of mind share between that and the hype of Titanfall.

Again, I'm not surprised that they didn't do it because they still don't need to but I still think they left an opportunity on the table that would have grabbed a lot of attention in the mainstream and hardcore. Walmart cuts $50 from it's iPhones and it's everywhere, MS giving two free games with it's latest hot console would have been too.

Then there's consumers like me who don't care about Titanfall and would be cool, free Forza 5. And that may be who MS is marketing this towards.
Many people may not realize titanfall is online only and requires a subscription of a minimum $5 per month (xbox live gold).

I honestly would have even thought of that.
Do you mean you didn't realize that? That's why microsoft is giving it away, besides the xbone flopping of course (not flaming, just stating facts in comparison to PS4 sales). MS just wants the subscription fee. Titanfall is an in-house game, it costs them barely anything to give it away. It's like Gilette giving away a free razor... they know full well you have to pay for the replacement blades.

Many people may not realize titanfall is online only and requires a subscription of a minimum $5 per month (xbox live gold).
i thought most retailers only sell 3 month , or 12 month subscriptions for xbox live? so it is basiaclly $24.99 msrp price atleast for the 3month live .

Do you mean you didn't realize that? That's why microsoft is giving it away, besides the xbone flopping of course (not flaming, just stating facts in comparison to PS4 sales). MS just wants the subscription fee. Titanfall is an in-house game, it costs them barely anything to give it away. It's like Gilette giving away a free razor... they know full well you have to pay for the replacement blades.
Yeah, it honestly hadn't really occurred to me. I mean, I'm sure I knew it in the back of my mind somewhere but paying these things has become so second nature I don't really consider them now. Though that also backs up my point somewhat that it's about getting people paying so they keep paying.

EA Is developing Titanfall, Microsoft likely payed for the exclusiveness but it's not an in-house game by any means, I'm sure they're paying quite the buck for this bundle since it's otherwise sales EA would have gotten anyway.

EA Is developing Titanfall, Microsoft likely payed for the exclusiveness but it's not an in-house game by any means, I'm sure they're paying quite the buck for this bundle since it's otherwise sales EA would have gotten anyway.

Ahh thank you. I don't follow the game so I assumed it was a microsoft studios title.

Anyone know if Costco is doing this deal too?

They're $20-$25 off the base as it is.  Would be sweet to get Forza with it.  

i thought most retailers only sell 3 month , or 12 month subscriptions for xbox live? so it is basiaclly $24.99 msrp price atleast for the 3month live .
He said per month not for the whole subscription so if you buy the 12 month card for $60 then that in turn comes out to be $5 per month.

Who the hell pays $60 for 12 months.....NON-CAGers. Also you SONY fanboys still knocking LIVE....WELCOME. Now you have to pay and lose your dumb justification of "FREE" online to justify PS4 being better with next gen. Also love how people are bitching about getting any FREE game. To give any software free this early is a gift from a business standpoint. Love early adopters who want their cake and eat it too. Every generation early adopters get screwed from a software standpoint, but you all keep whining afterwards when bundles come out. Here is a bright idea....fucking wait to buy if you want free games bundle in. I'm glad Microsoft is actually offering up games.

If anyone is planning on getting this and wants a disc based version, I would prefer the digital version and would straight up trade... Just a thought.

Bought a console about a week ago at a Gamestop location and then just like two days ago received a email with a Forza code. I guess they had my email because I used my PUR card. I wasn't expecting it and didn't even know of this promo when I bought the console.

bread's done
Back