PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale PS3/ Twisted Metal $9.99 Amazon FSSS

Looks like PSASBR is down from it's normal $20 price point. You get both versions for that price and while it's not great it's certainly decently fun in my opinion.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle-Royale-3/dp/B007XYBUBE/
Do you know the exact date when the free downloadable version for Vita expires? I have a PS3 but don't have a Vita yet (planning to get my first one with the new 2000 series, in a bundle). Could I just redeem the code through my PS3 now and then redownload it on my Vita once I get it?

Do you know the exact date when the free downloadable version for Vita expires? I have a PS3 but don't have a Vita yet (planning to get my first one with the new 2000 series, in a bundle). Could I just redeem the code through my PS3 now and then redownload it on my Vita once I get it?
Yes, it just ties the disc itself to your PSN account using the "Disc Benefit" which then takes you to the PSN store and lets you buy it on your account for free. After that it's just like any other game you own digitally on PSN and the cross buy won't work for anyone else. So as long as you have a PS3 you can get the Vita copy even if you don't have a Vita.

Last edited by a moderator:
Impulse bought All Stars. I told myself forever ago that if it was $10 or under I would pick it up.

I doubt I will have time to play it but it will be something to try out when buddies come over.

Thanks for the heads up!

Yes, it just ties the disc itself to your PSN account using the "Disc Benefit" which then takes you to the PSN store and lets you buy it on your account for free. After that it's just like any other game you own digitally on PSN and the cross buy won't work for anyone else. So as long as you have a PS3 you can get the Vita copy even if you don't have a Vita.
Ahh ok. That works for me. I'm in the process of building up my Vita library, which after this one would put me at a total of two games (plus MLB: The Show 13', lol). A digital copy of this for my future Vita is just fine with me. Getting two versions of a retail game for $9.99 is a great deal IMO.

Ordered both games.  Was kind of mad at myself when Black Friday rolled around and I skipped the $9.99 deal for PSASBR.  Then I skipped Journey collectors and Dragons Dogma DA and still mad.  Signed up for plus about a day after Dragons Dogma went off :(

FSSS? The only options I'm seeing when checking out is the Free 2 Day Trial of Prime (I don't want to sign up for this), Standard ($4.98) and Two Day ($7.98). Also, BB online doesn't even have the PS3 version of All-Stars listed except for the pre-owned version and my three local stores are OOS. Dammit!

FSSS? The only options I'm seeing when checking out is the Free 2 Day Trial of Prime (I don't want to sign up for this), Standard ($4.98) and Two Day ($7.98). Also, BB online doesn't even have the PS3 version of All-Stars listed except for the pre-owned version and my three local stores are OOS. Dammit!
FSSS is $35 and up now.

Thanks OP! $10 was my price. Yay for another Vita game I can't fit on my lousy 8GB card!

I had $10 in Amazon fun bucks and signed up for a Prime trial to get the free shipping. 

Anyone know if you can cancel and still use the video streaming stuff for the full 30-day trial? 

Still wanna pick up Twisted Metal 2012 sometime. Actually ordered it on BF for $10, but then cancelled it before it could ship. Will probably still hold off for a while :(

So reading the above comments it looks like if I don't have a PS3 or PS+ then there is no way to get the digital Vita copy to my son's Vita?

So reading the above comments it looks like if I don't have a PS3 or PS+ then there is no way to get the digital Vita copy to my son's Vita?
You have to have a PS3 to redeem the digital copy, once it's redeemed it's tied to your PSN account and you can download it from the store directly through the Vita. Have to have a PS3 to redeem the Vita copy in the first place though.

Thanks OP picked one up.

You need a PS3 to load the disc to link it to a PSN account no PS3 = no go.

I want the PS3 version but not the Vita version, if anybody only want the Vita version, let me know maybe we could work something out.

What the guys above said is correct. And no! You do not need to have PS+... just a PS3 and a PS3 version of the game, which has the code on its disc for the redeemption of the Vita version at the PSN store. And no, you do not need to have Plus to buy or redeem games and things from the PSN store.

The online pass expired ages ago. My code in my new copy didn't work. Called sony, they said "oh well".
Are you serious?

Damn shame.

I remember buying a PS3 close to the launch of Twisted Metal, but then I got rid of it before it was out.

Now that I have a PS3, I want to try out Twisted Metal, but this is keeping me away.

I want the PS3 version but not the Vita version, if anybody only want the Vita version, let me know maybe we could work something out.
Unless you dont even plan on playing the PS3 version and your gonna trade with someone your gonna have to send them the PS3 Disc so that they can download the Vita version.

Playstation Battle Royal on the PS3 does not include a code for the Vita Version. Its a download from the disc.

Unless you dont even plan on playing the PS3 version and your gonna trade with someone your gonna have to send them the PS3 Disc so that they can download the Vita version.

Playstation Battle Royal on the PS3 does not include a code for the Vita Version. Its a download from the disc.
Or have to get their PSN account information so he can log into it.

Thanks OP! $10 was my price. Yay for another Vita game I can't fit on my lousy 8GB card!

I had $10 in Amazon fun bucks and signed up for a Prime trial to get the free shipping.

Anyone know if you can cancel and still use the video streaming stuff for the full 30-day trial?
yeah, you might need a seperate memory card for the game by itself, from what i recall there have been a couple gig plus updates to the vita version (ps3 as well?) of the game and its now massive.

Since a lot of people are jumping ship on this....it is a chance in hell...butttt....

If anyone has an online pass for Vita they aren't wanting, let me know. I have a used version of Battle Royal, but was interested in just the online pass. And I don't want it enough to pay 10$ for it through psn. I mean that is the same price as this deal for god's sake and I don't play online enough to justify it. Most of the time I play I'm on a subway anyway. If not, understandable, but I figured I would throw that out there just in case someone was feeling uber nice. 

I would caution you here. There's no separate Vita code. You would either need the original PS3 disc with the Vita version not already claimed, or his PSN account information and log-in.
I was actually looking for a high feedback trader so that he/she would receive the game first while I pay for the game in full, and ship the game to me after he/she redeemed the Vita version.

Thought my feedback already speaks for my reputation -_-!

I was actually looking for a high feedback trader so that he/she would receive the game first while I pay for the game in full, and ship the game to me after he/she redeemed the Vita version.

Thought my feedback already speaks for my reputation -_-!
Nonsense, I've never even heard of you before today. Clearly a scammer.

The online pass expired ages ago. My code in my new copy didn't work. Called sony, they said "oh well".
And to think there were many douchebags that actually supported the use of online passes.

And to think there were many douchebags that actually supported the use of online passes.
I still think EA's original take on it with Project Ten Dollar was a respectable and reasonable way to handle it. Everyone got the full game, people who bought it new got a decent amount of quality bonus content and those that bought it used had the option to buy that bit of content and support the game. Of course that's more complicated and costly than just gating the online or other features away.

I would caution you here. There's no separate Vita code. You would either need the original PS3 disc with the Vita version not already claimed, or his PSN account information and log-in.
Womp

Ordered. I have waited forever for this to come to PS+ (passing multiple $10 price points), but will have a video game and homemade pizza party soon and this seems like a good party game.

Eld, if this comes to PS+ you will never be invited to my video game & homemade food parties.

Oh, screw it. I just posted the physical vita on ebay and buying this. 

Even though vita memory IS A PAIN IN THE ASS....it just makes more sense. Besides that, I think my girlfriend would have a fun time with the console version. 

I couldn't find a thing to add to my order of PASBR, which needed an additional $25.01 to qualify for free shipping. I ordered it along with a pre-order of the new Smash Bros. So PASBR will be shipping out this week $9.99 with free shipping. Now, I wonder what happens when I cancel Smash Bros. later this year... I'll be getting both versions through Best Buy and GCU! lol.

I'm in at this price, thanks OP.  Resisted temptations for gamefly at this price (with their chipped discs) and missed out earlier on these prices on amazon.  Will see if this game holds a candle to Smash Bros.

Trust me, the online multiplayer doesn't work even if you have an online pass. This game is completely worthless. At $10 I am afraid you got ripped off man :cry:

Thanks OP. wouldn't mind this for the Vita. I think I'm just going to pm at BBY take it home and load the Vita version and trade it back in. Should make it less than 3 buck or the vita game.

So is the online pass expired for only Twisted Metal or for PASBR as well?

Either way, price matched and picked up PASBR at Best Buy. Been wanting it for awhile, but with what I heard, I wanted to get a decent deal on it. Managed to get all the additional characters, so I have them waiting on the hard drive (only care about Isaac Clarke and Kat honestly, didn't play Gravity Rush but it's nice to have another girl in, Zeus and the guy from Starcraft are weak choices :shame:  ).

Hopefully it's entertaining enough. I don't think I will be burned with a 10 dollar purchase. Thanks OP! 

bread's done
Back