Twisted Metal - $9.99 at Amazon.

Au contraire, this is a shit deal. Trust me, this PoS game isn't worth the disc it's printed on. If you are a huge TM fan from way back (as I was), it MAY be worth a quick run through if you ever find a free copy in the dumpster behind Gamestop or something. But paying for this atrocity will always be a shit deal.

Also, the online passes have apparently expired and no longer work, so if you want to go online you'll be paying $20. Not that the online passes get you online; they'll give you the illusion of online, but that ends pretty quickly when all you get are "timeout" and "disconnect" errors. And don't even get me started on the abysmal single player, or the horrid control scheme (which basically makes local multiplayer worthless as well :wall: )

I swear.... how this bullshit ever saw the market is beyond me.... I've seen Wii games with better online/controls than this shit :whistle2:?

Last edited:
Au contraire, this is a shit deal. Trust me, this PoS game isn't worth the disc it's printed on. If you are a huge TM fan from way back (as I was), it MAY be worth a quick run through if you ever find a free copy in the dumpster behind Gamestop or something. But paying for this atrocity will always be a shit deal.

Also, the online passes have apparently expired and no longer work, so if you want to go online you'll be paying $20. Not that the online passes get you online; they'll give you the illusion of online, but that ends pretty quickly when all you get are "timeout" and "disconnect" errors. And don't even get me started on the abysmal single player, or the horrid control scheme (which basically makes local multiplayer worthless as well :wall: )

I swear.... how this bullshit ever saw the market is beyond me.... I've seen Wii games with better online/controls than this shit :whistle2:?
I've heard it was bad compared to the other TM games but for $10 you can't go wrong with many games. As for the online pass, if that is true that sucks. However, from what I've read/heard you may be able to contact Sony to get a working code for the online pass. It has been done with the DLC vouchers that expire (for their various games like GoW). Basically if you're going in expecting a classic TM experience, you will be disappointed. I just feel bad for the OP buying it at full price and still in his backlog lol.

I've heard it was bad compared to the other TM games but for $10 you can't go wrong with many games. As for the online pass, if that is true that sucks. However, from what I've read/heard you may be able to contact Sony to get a working code for the online pass. It has been done with the DLC vouchers that expire (for their various games like GoW). Basically if you're going in expecting a classic TM experience, you will be disappointed. I just feel bad for the OP buying it at full price and still in his backlog lol.
Trust me, you can go wrong for $10. Very, very wrong. And this is one of those times. The game is shit, that's really all there is to say. You'll get more fun from burning a $10 bill than you ever will from this game.

The only way I could see anybody hope to get any fun out of it at all is if they have a group of 3 other friends who are TM fans, can play locally, don't mind split screen, and are willing to sit with this game long enough to memorize the abysmal and unintuitive control scheme (I can't belittle these controls enough.... double tap circle for reverse? Motion controls for boost!? WTF were they thinking?). I imagine that very few of us will fit into that situation, especially when there are so many better games out there that we could be playing (including any of the older TM games on PSN).

As for Sony renewing the online pass, I'll respond with this quote from the other thread:

The online pass expired ages ago. My code in my new copy didn't work. Called sony, they said "oh well".

Note that that's not the only complaint I've seen recently about TM's online passes going bad and Sony failing to fix the issue. So no, don't expect Sony to give you a new one. And trust me when I say that they are actually doing you a favor by withholding this pass from you. No good can come from trying to take this turd online. lol I guess they are too embarrassed by this game to reissue those passes.

As for the OP paying $60 and not opening the game yet, that sucks, but he can at least take solace in knowing that the 1st print runs came with a free pass for Twisted Metal Black. Since then it's been released on PSN for $15 IIRC, so he still overpaid by about $45 (I kinda feel his pain, I paid $20 for the game bundled with the code) but at least it's not a total loss.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back