DEAL OVER LOCK THREAD!

The Best Buy link says you have to trade in towards Titanfall.
It doesn't have to be Titanfall they just give you a gift card for your games. You can easily see that on the trade in page at Best Buy that all those games are 22.50 and when you trade in store you get 100% so $45 in a gift card.

The Best Buy link says you have to trade in towards Titanfall.
Yes, but then you take the Titanfall copy you buy to Gamestop. Let a GS employee whisper in your ear and caress your face 3 times. Then trade in the game. Use your Gamestop credit to buy 3 magic beans. Flip those on Craig's List for a vintage PS1 with Madden 98. Flip that on Amazon for .45 cent Amazon GC. Use that to buy 45 .01 games from Amazon Warehouse Deals. Flip those on eBay. And then you're rich.

Worked for me on the target end of things, but I just wanted the game for cheap, not to flip. Thanks op.
I'm gonna get a PS4 one to keep, and sell a X1 one since I'll be there today trading stuff in anyways. Haha.

Cartwheel says you can get 4 of an item per scan, but I'm not going to go overboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn great, deal!  I use my Red Card and get an extra 5%.  $24 for Call of Duty?  Plus $45 trade in at BB!  Winning!

Worked for me on the target end of things, but I just wanted the game for cheap, not to flip. Thanks op.
Did you figure out a way to order it online? Or did you go to the store to redeem in the 20 minutes since he posted?

I went to the store, I work right next to a target. You have to have them price match first though, which could turn into a ymmv due to the temp pricecut only being online not in store.

Already have it on PS4,but flipping it would mean picking up Titanfall for sure! But your still paying $43 for release day, when it will be $40 on sale for one week by May..

Didn't figure in GCU, then it's what about $35..

I went to the store, I work right next to a target. You have to have them price match first though, which could turn into a ymmv due to the temp pricecut only being online not in store.
They have to honor it since that is part of their policy that they will price match their online prices.

"Target Corp. (NYSE: TGT) today announced plans to price match top online retailers year-round, including Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com and Toysrus.com (including Babiesrus.com). Target stores will also price match items found on Target.com."

Already have it on PS4,but flipping it would mean picking up Titanfall for sure! But your still paying $43 for release day, when it will be $40 on sale for one week by May..
I never said anything about Titanfall.... I was just saying you can flip CoD for a $45 gift card.

They have to honor it since that is part of their policy that they will price match their online prices.

"Target Corp. (NYSE: TGT) today announced plans to price match top online retailers year-round, including Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com and Toysrus.com (including Babiesrus.com). Target stores will also price match items found on Target.com."
No they don't, and it's actually their stated policy not to.

" Target and Cartwheel coupons: Target and Cartwheel coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target and Cartwheel coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price."

No they don't, and it's actually their stated policy not to.

" Target and Cartwheel coupons: Target and Cartwheel coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target and Cartwheel coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price."
I guess it is a matter if they consider themselves to be a competitor to themselves then.... On the Price Match Policy page it never refers to the online store as a competitor.

Didn't figure in GCU, then it's what about $35..
You're kidding right? Automatically factoring in GCU REALLY needs to become a bannable offense.... it's getting way, way out of hand.

Especially since I noticed OP didn't factor in Target's 5% off pricing, which should (in theory) stack with this sale.....

You're kidding right? Automatically factoring in GCU REALLY needs to become a bannable offense.... it's getting way, way out of hand.

Especially since I noticed OP didn't factor in Target's 5% off pricing, which should (in theory) stack with this sale.....
I don't have a REDCard because I can't own a Credit Card so I just didn't include it since that is something most people likely don't have or bother with since it is a credit card.

OK, so if you have GCU, you get $49 trade in for ghosts with extra 10%, and titanfall costs $48 with the discount.

I think it's funny how you get mad when people factor in GCU because not everyone has it and then proceed to complain about the OP not factoring in the redcard discount (which not everyone has). I don't know if I've ever officially told you but you are probably my least favorite person on CAG.

For what it's worth, I tried to PM amazon's price on the X1 version yesterday and they told me I could only PM or use the cartwheel coupon, not both. May try a different store today.

I had zero issues at Springfield OH store if anyone is from that area. I tried to upload receipt but my phone apparently takes to large of a file in pictured for uploading.

I don't have a REDCard because I can't own a Credit Card so I just didn't include it since that is something most people likely don't have or bother with since it is a credit card.
You know the Redcard is also a debit card. I just use it as a debit card because it is free 5% off because it comes straight from my checking account instead of using my debit card.. FYI. So actually anyone that shops regularly from target should have no excuse of having the Redcard, so I hope a majority of people have one.

I had zero issues at Springfield OH store if anyone is from that area. I tried to upload receipt but my phone apparently takes to large of a file in pictured for uploading.
Just an FYI, you can change your resolution in the camera setting of every phone with a camera I have ever seen. Get it under 5MP.

Don't think I'll try though. My local targets have a scatterbrain disease, never do clearance, and half the people on electronic s are clueless, gives me little hope they would PM and use cartwheel

Trick is I think to add other coupons on your cartwheel and add those in your purchase. PM at beginning then at end be like oh yea scan this please. Will try today.

Trying as well in a little bit. Will post results later

EDIT: Just got back from Target.  Told a guy in electronics about PM and Cartwheel and he said he should be able to do it.  We took a copy up to customer service to confirm that we'd be able to and the woman there pointed out in their Target handbook and policies that the Cartwheel would be applied BEFORE any price matching.  Wasn't about to buy it for $40 and flip to BB for $45. This is YMMV, just hope for clueless employees.  Sorry, CAGs

I think it's funny how you get mad when people factor in GCU because not everyone has it and then proceed to complain about the OP not factoring in the redcard discount (which not everyone has). I don't know if I've ever officially told you but you are probably my least favorite person on CAG.
It's very, very obvious from the post that I don't want Target redcard factored in, but I don't like seeing GCU factored in either. If you are gonna factor in GCU, then yes, factor in the redcard too. All or nothing. At least the redcard is free and available to everyone, unlike GCU.

And you see fit to tell me this why? Should I care about who you are for some reason?

Last edited:
It's very, very obvious from the post that I don't want Target redcard factored in, but I don't like seeing GCU factored in either. If you are gonna factor in GCU, then yes, factor in the redcard too. All or nothing. At least the redcard is free and available to everyone, unlike GCU.

And you see fit to tell me this why? Should I care about who you are for some reason?
if you're buying/trading to best buy at all this year you should consider shelling out the $60 (on sale now!) for gcu. too many good opportunities not to.

The only thing obvious from your post (and almost every post I've seen you make) is that you have nothing to contribute other than bitching/moaning. And nah, you shouldn't care about who I am. I just wanted to make sure you know that I think you suck. Do with that what you will.

Worked with no problem, manager had to come over to approve the PM and she even said it's even a better deal if you use the Cartwheel with it. She said she did it yesterday so looks like there's a fellow CAG in my area.

Ok just did the deal. Dude in electronics was telling me they wouldnt PM and use the app but I said I was just going to PM so went up to CS had them PM to target.com asked if I could checkout there they scanned the rest of my items then had them scan the app with top 2 coupons food items hiding the cod coupon lower. Automatically dropped it to 25.99 then used RED card for 5% more off.

I had no issue using the cartwheel deal on top of the price match. No override was needed or anything. All the lady did was see it was on sale online, adjusted it, scanned my cartwheel, and handed me the receipt. I asked to checkout at customer service though when the electronics guy asked if I wanted to ring out there or up front.

Can you buy more then 1 at target lets say 3? A PS4 one and a 2 XBone copy's to trade in at best buys just curious just got done work don't feel like running to target to get 1 copy of a game I already own.

Edit make that 3 copy's of XBone cause ps4 only gets 20 trade in at best buy.

Thanks OP. Ended up getting a PS4 copy for my brother. I took it to the Guest Service desk and they priced-matched no problem, I asked if I could still use my Target Cartwheel app that has a coupon for the game and they had absolutely no issues with me using it. This was at the Dadeland South Target in Miami.

bread's done
Back