The last of us ps3 best buy Gamers club

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Kuroknight27

Kuroknight27

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:01 AM

I saw the last of us at Best buy for $29.99, and with $20 off Gamer Club offer you can get it for $10 and if u have GCU you can get it for $8.

http://www.bestbuy.c...seyvp5FfOc5TmQA

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#2 DirtySeeSaw

DirtySeeSaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:03 AM

Will have to check this out tomorrow when I get Titanfall, website shows 59.99 still.

#3 althe

althe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:04 AM

Wow, great deal! How YMMV is it? Can anyone else confirm?

#4 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

The Last of US is $59.99 at bestbuy.com.  Was the game in the wrong spot or incorrectly tagged?  Did you have an employee scan it to confirm the price?

edit:  Just saw the pic you added.  Did you have them scan it to confirm the price?  Thanks

#5 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

Thanks OP!  Just claimed the coupon.  Will check tomorrow if my local BBs have it this price.

#6 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Da fuq you lookin at bruh?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:10 AM

SOB! I was just at BB. Thanks op, I'll be on the lookout now for one. Hopefully my local stores have it marked up for that price.

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png710791.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Madden 15 & Destiny   :ps4: TLOU:Remastered   :wiiu: Nothing   :360: Nothing   :ps3: Trine 2  :3ds: Nothing   :vita:  Nothing

#7 JakeM17

JakeM17

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:12 AM

I'm heading over to BB tomorrow so i'll check it out.

#8 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:15 AM

Congrats OP! And thanks for posting.

Don't forget to print the coupon for in store use, sometimes these things don't show up automatically when they scan you phone #.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#9 SilverPrince

SilverPrince

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:17 AM

Quite interesting.. definitely going to have to go for a look!

Congrats OP! And thanks for posting.

Don't forget to print the coupon for in store use, sometimes these things don't show up automatically when they scan you phone #.

Do you know offhand if Best Buy will take coupons scanned from your smartphone? Unfortunately my printer is out of ink, so I can't print out my coupons.

#10 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:18 AM

I'm heading over to BB tomorrow so i'll check it out.

Same here

#11 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:19 AM

Quite interesting.. definitely going to have to go for a look!

Do you know offhand if Best Buy will take coupons scanned from your smartphone? Unfortunately my printer is out of ink, so I can't print out my coupons.

I could be wrong, but the barcode is just your RZ. So if it doesn't show up automatically, it probably won't if they scan the coupon (which really isn't a coupon).

When I said print, I meant that if the system goes haywire you can at least explain it to them. When this happens, I guess it would be the same whether you have a paper or a screen. I prefer paper, because (in my experience) for some reason employees get skeptical when looking at your phone.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#12 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:24 AM

Looks like it's trading around $18 at Gamestop...will try Bestbuy before I pick up Titanfall might save a bit.

663892.png?17663317

#13 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:24 AM

Game of the generation right here folks. I'll check out my store tomorrow, thanks OP.

#14 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:25 AM

I hope it's that price at my local Best Buy. It sounds like it's a great game but not something I would have wanted to pay more than $15 for so $8 will be great.

#15 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:30 AM

I could be wrong, but the barcode is just your RZ. So if it doesn't show up automatically, it probably won't if they scan the coupon (which really isn't a coupon).

When I said print, I meant that if the system goes haywire you can at least explain it to them. When this happens, I guess it would be the same whether you have a paper or a screen. I prefer paper, because (in my experience) for some reason employees get skeptical when looking at your phone.

if u buy it online it automatically but instore they do have to scan the coupon tried it before instore and it always come up regular price unless the coupons are scanned

#16 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:31 AM

The real question is did it scan that or did they have to override it?  If it's the later I bet that's a tag left over from the sale.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#17 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:32 AM

if u buy it online it automatically but instore they do have to scan the coupon tried it before instore and it always come up regular price unless the coupons are scanned

I remember the coupon is nothing but your RZ, why do you need to scan the coupon? Shouldn't scanning your RZ card suffice?

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#18 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:33 AM

Too bad the "Display Until" date under the tag barcode is not visible.  Was this price tag from a past sale and employees neglected to remove it? The workers at my nearest BB are pretty diligent about that so doubt I could get in on this.

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#19 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:36 AM

The coupon is not your RZ number. Just checked.

#20 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:41 AM

Probably an old tag from when it was on sale...before the 20 dollar coupon

#21 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:41 AM

I remember the coupon is nothing but your RZ, why do you need to scan the coupon? Shouldn't scanning your RZ card suffice?

I just double checked the coupon on the website just now to make sure and rz number is no where on the coupon there. the coupon does use your rz number but only if bought online but like I said instore does require the coupon itself to scan

#22 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:43 AM

Too bad the "Display Until" date under the tag barcode is not visible.  Was this price tag from a past sale and employees neglected to remove it? The workers at my nearest BB are pretty diligent about that so doubt I could get in on this.

the last time best buy had this for $29.99 was on sale from feb 8th - 15th of last month so more then likely it a month old tag from that sale

#23 SilverPrince

SilverPrince

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:46 AM

Ah, alright. Thanks for the explanation!

#24 zyk

zyk

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:46 AM

Did they accidentally put this in the "clearance" section? $33.99 for Just Dance seems a bit weird. And then you got Warfighter next to it and another Just Dance game above. Reminds me of my clearance section

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: Tales of Xillia

:ps4: Knack

#25 ibelongtohalo

ibelongtohalo

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:52 AM

I'm sure it's just an old sale price that wasn't removed. The Best Buys around me have the game for sixty bucks. 20 bucks off and 20 percent off that wouldn't be too bad though....

#26 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:54 AM

I was at a BB earlier and tag said $59.99. Sounds like a YMMV situation here folks.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#27 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Da fuq you lookin at bruh?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:57 AM

Did they accidentally put this in the "clearance" section? $33.99 for Just Dance seems a bit weird. And then you got Warfighter next to it and another Just Dance game above. Reminds me of my clearance section

The tag does say TLOU on it, but could be an old sale tag placed in clearance like you said. Could explain why it hasn't been taken down. Somebody accidentally misplaced it and never moved it.

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png710791.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Madden 15 & Destiny   :ps4: TLOU:Remastered   :wiiu: Nothing   :360: Nothing   :ps3: Trine 2  :3ds: Nothing   :vita:  Nothing

#28 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:02 AM

I saw the last of us at Best buy for $29.99, and with $20 off Gamer Club offer you can get it for $10 and if u have GCU you can get it for $8.

http://www.bestbuy.c...seyvp5FfOc5TmQA

Grr... was there earlier today. I really should just double-check each aisle for "wants" no matter why I'm there, in case YMMV sales like this are happening.

#29 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:04 AM

I'll check it out in the morning when I go to grab my DS2 CE.  Will post what I find once I get home.

538822.png

#30 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:30 AM

Interested to see what some of you report tomorrow morning, but I'm doubtful this will actually work.  More thank like, like others have said, it's an old tag that's probably been updated at most best buys.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts