*YMMV* The Last of Us for $10 after Best Buy Gamers Club Offer

The Last of US is $59.99 at bestbuy.com.  Was the game in the wrong spot or incorrectly tagged?  Did you have an employee scan it to confirm the price?

edit:  Just saw the pic you added.  Did you have them scan it to confirm the price?  Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP!  Just claimed the coupon.  Will check tomorrow if my local BBs have it this price.

Congrats OP! And thanks for posting.

Don't forget to print the coupon for in store use, sometimes these things don't show up automatically when they scan you phone #.

Quite interesting.. definitely going to have to go for a look!

Congrats OP! And thanks for posting.

Don't forget to print the coupon for in store use, sometimes these things don't show up automatically when they scan you phone #.
Do you know offhand if Best Buy will take coupons scanned from your smartphone? Unfortunately my printer is out of ink, so I can't print out my coupons.

Quite interesting.. definitely going to have to go for a look!

Do you know offhand if Best Buy will take coupons scanned from your smartphone? Unfortunately my printer is out of ink, so I can't print out my coupons.
I could be wrong, but the barcode is just your RZ. So if it doesn't show up automatically, it probably won't if they scan the coupon (which really isn't a coupon).

When I said print, I meant that if the system goes haywire you can at least explain it to them. When this happens, I guess it would be the same whether you have a paper or a screen. I prefer paper, because (in my experience) for some reason employees get skeptical when looking at your phone.

I hope it's that price at my local Best Buy. It sounds like it's a great game but not something I would have wanted to pay more than $15 for so $8 will be great.

I could be wrong, but the barcode is just your RZ. So if it doesn't show up automatically, it probably won't if they scan the coupon (which really isn't a coupon).

When I said print, I meant that if the system goes haywire you can at least explain it to them. When this happens, I guess it would be the same whether you have a paper or a screen. I prefer paper, because (in my experience) for some reason employees get skeptical when looking at your phone.
if u buy it online it automatically but instore they do have to scan the coupon tried it before instore and it always come up regular price unless the coupons are scanned

The real question is did it scan that or did they have to override it?  If it's the later I bet that's a tag left over from the sale.

if u buy it online it automatically but instore they do have to scan the coupon tried it before instore and it always come up regular price unless the coupons are scanned
I remember the coupon is nothing but your RZ, why do you need to scan the coupon? Shouldn't scanning your RZ card suffice?

Too bad the "Display Until" date under the tag barcode is not visible.  Was this price tag from a past sale and employees neglected to remove it? The workers at my nearest BB are pretty diligent about that so doubt I could get in on this.

I remember the coupon is nothing but your RZ, why do you need to scan the coupon? Shouldn't scanning your RZ card suffice?
I just double checked the coupon on the website just now to make sure and rz number is no where on the coupon there. the coupon does use your rz number but only if bought online but like I said instore does require the coupon itself to scan

Too bad the "Display Until" date under the tag barcode is not visible. Was this price tag from a past sale and employees neglected to remove it? The workers at my nearest BB are pretty diligent about that so doubt I could get in on this.

the last time best buy had this for $29.99 was on sale from feb 8th - 15th of last month so more then likely it a month old tag from that sale

Ah, alright. Thanks for the explanation!

Did they accidentally put this in the "clearance" section? $33.99 for Just Dance seems a bit weird. And then you got Warfighter next to it and another Just Dance game above. Reminds me of my clearance section

I'm sure it's just an old sale price that wasn't removed. The Best Buys around me have the game for sixty bucks. 20 bucks off and 20 percent off that wouldn't be too bad though....

Did they accidentally put this in the "clearance" section? $33.99 for Just Dance seems a bit weird. And then you got Warfighter next to it and another Just Dance game above. Reminds me of my clearance section
The tag does say TLOU on it, but could be an old sale tag placed in clearance like you said. Could explain why it hasn't been taken down. Somebody accidentally misplaced it and never moved it.

Interested to see what some of you report tomorrow morning, but I'm doubtful this will actually work.  More thank like, like others have said, it's an old tag that's probably been updated at most best buys.

meh its 60$, its just an epic fail from their staff smh. an amazing game like this wont be had for 10$ or less for awhile anyway lol. now if it was this price i would instantly flip it. id be crazy not to

Store near me has it at the standard $59.99.

Like someone else noted, probably an old sale tag which wasn't removed. My local BBY is pretty good about removing sale prices for games, but terrible when it comes to movies.

Jeez you people have some nice BBs near you. 4 BBs closest to me have 0 game related products on clearance during the yellow tag clearance event nor did they have the clearance PS vita $100 back then 

So when was that photo actually taken? I mean, could be a very funny way to troll CAG members sending them off on a wild goose chase.

Hmm.. all the no-goes on this makes this an extreme YMMV. Will sit this one out and wait for it to hit the PS4 or PS+.
I'd say it's the most extreme of extreme YMMV cases, considering not a single person has got this for $10 including the OP (at least he never confirmed if he did).

bread's done
Back