Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate $22 at gamestop

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Dead+or+Alive+5+Ultimate,28zu0

in time for new character Marie Rose coming up on the 26th of this month.

maria_rose_001_thumb.jpg

Wasn't there a rumor that the PS4/Xbone will get "ultimate ultimate" versions?
Yeah, heard the guy from Tecmo explicitly saying so for the PS4. I'm going to wait based on that. Great deal though for those not already invested in current gen.

This has been on sale for awhile but a good reminder in case those didn't see. Used 19.99 and New 21.99 are the prices.

Yeah, heard the guy from Tecmo explicitly saying so for the PS4. I'm going to wait based on that. Great deal though for those not already invested in current gen.
Actually they were hinting at another Ninja Gaiden game. They never said anything about DOA5U. They did say a next gen fighter is something they would be interested in but they never said it was a port of DOA5U.

I personally would but a port of DOA5U. Owned the vanilla and owned ultimate and love the DOA series.

Now only if I can find a pre owned copy of the game. 

Anyone think we're going to get the super ultimate edition at one point in the future with ALL the costumes and hopefully the new characters? :lol:

Actually they were hinting at another Ninja Gaiden game. They never said anything about DOA5U. They did say a next gen fighter is something they would be interested in but they never said it was a port of DOA5U.

I personally would but a port of DOA5U. Owned the vanilla and owned ultimate and love the DOA series.
They said they were interested in a port of DOA5U with an interview from Playstation Universe. They also confirmed that they have a PS4 title in development along with possibly a new Ninja Gaiden.

How is this game? Always been curious about it, but never picked up any of them.
If you're only mildly curious and aren't sure if you'll like it, you can still get the original non-ultimate edition on clearance for $7.99 at a lot of Best Buy stores.

Personally, I don't like the system. It doesn't reward a player like in other games. Basically, you do a combo, then both players play paper rock scissors to see if the combo goes on or the player reverses it.

I would honestly wait for the ultimate ultimate version, if that ever will come out.

This has indeed been at this price for a couple months, but NOT in stock new online, only in-store. Which, in the case of my local Gamestops that only had one copy left, means you're subject to their very loose interpretation of "new". Glad to see this is available again online, thanks for posting this!

This has indeed been at this price for a couple months, but NOT in stock new online, only in-store. Which, in the case of my local Gamestops that only had one copy left, means you're subject to their very loose interpretation of "new". Glad to see this is available again online, thanks for posting this!
Unfortunately, you can also get gutted, opened "new" copies online as well.

Unfortunately, you can also get gutted, opened "new" copies online as well.
That's sad if that's the case. I wouldn't put it past them to do that. I haven't had that experience personally, but maybe I've just gotten lucky.

Anyway, after not being able to find any filler to hit $25 for free shipping with SAVER, I found Amazon has the 360 version for the same price, but temporarily out of stock. I opted to go with that and some easily-found filler, hoping they actually get more copies in, rather than give my money to Gamestop.

It's been this price for a while now, I picked it up some time ago when the original thread appeared.  It's a great fighter.  I'd buy it again at this price if I didnt already own it.

I'll wait for the super duper ultimate complete edition. After that Ultimate came out, whole bunch of other DLC come out.
Tell me about it. This game has probably the most expensive DLCs of all the games in America and I bought all of them totaling approx $150 thus far and I know there are more to come. I am a fan of the series so they got me good.

Tell me about it. This game has probably the most expensive DLCs of all the games in America and I bought all of them totaling approx $150 thus far and I know there are more to come. I am a fan of the series so they got me good.
Man, $150 dlc is crazy for an investment in a single game. I guess they can justify those prices since the diehard players will pay.

Personally, I don't like the system. It doesn't reward a player like in other games. Basically, you do a combo, then both players play paper rock scissors to see if the combo goes on or the player reverses it.

I would honestly wait for the ultimate ultimate version, if that ever will come out.
I believe the proper way is you play rock paper scissors first and see if you can trick your opponent. If successful, you follow with an air combo. Very rewarding. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad my gamestop doesn't have any new copies, and Amazon refuses to drop this below $30. I guess I'll keep waiting a little longer before I give in and pay the $32 at Amazon.

Man, $150 dlc is crazy for an investment in a single game. I guess they can justify those prices since the diehard players will pay.
Seriously, after paying for all the dlcs in this game, all other games' MSRP dlc prices look like CAG prices. :lol:

Been waiting for this to go on sale for months now. My gamestop only had one copy new, and it was the shelf copy. Really wanted a sealed copy but settled for the open "new" one. Cashier tried peeling the sticker off and of course it ripped, then ripped up the sleeve trying to peel the rest of it off.

And this is why I shop at Amazon.

Amazon did finally reduce it to $21.99 for both the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Or you can get the Xbox 360 version for $19.20 from GoHastings.

Best buy has it used for $14.99 if you want to go that route, I am assuming the dlc is located on the disc, someone correct me if I am wrong.

It does have some costume dlc just not all of them
Best buy has it used for $14.99 if you want to go that route, I am assuming the dlc is located on the disc, someone correct me if I am wrong.

This only has the extra characters & balance patches, no costume DLC. All of that has to be bought seperately.
It has some DLCs from the vanilla version but there are also around $150 worth of DLCs thus far if you want the rest. I'm assuming most of you aren't fans because fans would have picked up the game at launch and bought at least half of the DLCs. ;)

If you're only mildly curious and aren't sure if you'll like it, you can still get the original non-ultimate edition on clearance for $7.99 at a lot of Best Buy stores.
They also have the DOA5 core game, I don't 100% understand the logic of it. But you can get a certain number of characters to play for free and play online. But if you want full access you either buy the rest of them or purchased the physical game. Worth checking out and downloading if you don't know if you'll like it since it's free.

They also have the DOA5 core game, I don't 100% understand the logic of it. But you can get a certain number of characters to play for free and play online. But if you want full access you either buy the rest of them or purchased the physical game. Worth checking out and downloading if you don't know if you'll like it since it's free.
Was that ever released on 360? I know it was for PS3 as I bought a $1 add on for it to get Tecmo Bowl Throwback on PS3.

The game is pretty dead online, you can play with people who have DOA core fighters. Coming from a SF4 tournament player, I don't know anyone that plays this game competitively or casually offline at the local scenes.

The game is pretty dead online, you can play with people who have DOA core fighters. Coming from a SF4 tournament player, I don't know anyone know plays this game competitively or casually offline at the local scenes.
Xbox still has a handful of people playing online.

Xbox still has a handful of people playing online.
This series was a lot more active when it was an Xbox exclusive. DOA2 Ultimate lasted until the last day of Xbox Live for the original Xbox and DOA4 is still active despite released in 2005. Weird that the first time in over a decade this series go multiplatform, it kinda tanked in online activity.

Think it's cause there's more competition this time around. There wasn't many online fighting games available on either the PS2 or Xbox.

Think it's cause there's more competition this time around. There wasn't many online fighting games available on either the PS2 or Xbox.
XBox?

Capcom Fighting Evoliton/Fighting Jam

Capcom vs Snk: SVC Chaos

Dead or Alive Ultimate

Street Fighter Anniversary

Capcom vs SNK 2: EO

Tao Feng (again, lol)

Mortal Kombat Deception

Guilty Gear Reload

Few others I can't recall off the top of my head. Shocked I recalled this many. But yeah, lots of compeition on the 360/PS3, but the original XBox was no waste land. DOA Ultimate wasn't exactly lag free back on the OG XBox either.

XBox?

Capcom Fighting Evoliton/Fighting Jam

Capcom vs Snk: SVC Chaos

Dead or Alive Ultimate

Street Fighter Anniversary

Capcom vs SNK 2: EO

Tao Feng (again, lol)

Mortal Kombat Deception

Guilty Gear Reload

Few others I can't recall off the top of my head. Shocked I recalled this many. But yeah, lots of compeition on the 360/PS3, but the original XBox was no waste land. DOA Ultimate wasn't exactly lag free back on the OG XBox either.
Damn there was a lot more then I remembered, I could not recall all those games off the top of my head lol

Also Amazon just priced dropped DOAU5 to $21.99, if you guys prefer them.

This series was a lot more active when it was an Xbox exclusive. DOA2 Ultimate lasted until the last day of Xbox Live for the original Xbox and DOA4 is still active despite released in 2005. Weird that the first time in over a decade this series go multiplatform, it kinda tanked in online activity.
It's not weird at all. It's exactly like you stated. DOA2-4 were exclusive to one platform. So if people wanted to play DOA online, that was the only platform to go with. Now since it's on both platforms, the fanbase is fragmented and they're going to give up the game sooner if they think online is dead.

Tecmo also killed it themselves because Vita players can play with PS3 players with the original DOA5, but the PS3 players moved on to Ultimate. Forget the other PS3 fighter exclusives like Tekken Revolution and Aquapazza - they're competing with themselves too.

It's not weird at all. It's exactly like you stated. DOA2-4 were exclusive to one platform. So if people wanted to play DOA online, that was the only platform to go with. Now since it's on both platforms, the fanbase is fragmented and they're going to give up the game sooner if they think online is dead.

Tecmo also killed it themselves because Vita players can play with PS3 players with the original DOA5, but the PS3 players moved on to Ultimate. Forget the other PS3 fighter exclusives like Tekken Revolution and Aquapazza - they're competing with themselves too.
I thought making DOA5/U multiplatform would bring more players, the Xbox DOA players + new players who never had a Xbox console. Based on what you've said, it seems like it's still only the Xbox players playing the newest games but some of them bought it on Sony consoles instead, splitting the players base in half, making it seems like far fewer players available on each platform. If that really is the case, then Tecmo made a pretty big mistake.

I do agree on Tecmo competing themselves with the DOA5/DOA5+/DOA5U ordeal.

bread's done
Back