The Spectacular Spider-Man Complete Series Blu-ray 29.99 Amazon Pre-order

Helluva price for the best Spidey series! I'm just glad the 2nd season will be in one package instead of those stupid volumes they've been selling for 3 years

Man, that is a tempting price.  I wonder if it will drop lower than that anytime soon, though, since this was not a popular series and it's only two seasons...

GREAT show, though- probably the best representation of Spider-Man and his universe I've seen, compared to any TV show or movie released so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget the ridiculously catchy theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoeOBDSgWBA

I had heard about this Blu-Ray set a little while ago, but it's nice to see the pre-order price dropped a little (looks like Best Buy online also has it for $29.99).  I'm just glad they're finally getting around to releasing it all together.  I just hope that eventually we'll see complete series Blu-Ray sets for X-Men, X-Men Evolution, Teen Titans, Young Justice and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

I'm probably going to be shunned and/or mocked for saying this, but I just couldn't get into this Spider-Man because the character design seemed...off to me. It reminds me somewhat of Jackie Chan Adventures aesthetically, but something about it doesn't look right. Otherwise, the dialogue I've heard sounds pretty good.

Regardless of my opinion, this is a great deal for anyone who enjoyed the show!

Man, that is a tempting price. I wonder if it will drop lower than that anytime soon, though, since this was not a popular series and it's only two seasons...
It is a popular series. The only reason it was cancelled was because Sony relinquished TV rights to Marvel series when Disney bought Marvel.

I had heard about this Blu-Ray set a little while ago, but it's nice to see the pre-order price dropped a little (looks like Best Buy online also has it for $29.99). I'm just glad they're finally getting around to releasing it all together. I just hope that eventually we'll see complete series Blu-Ray sets for X-Men, X-Men Evolution, Teen Titans, Young Justice and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
Only the last two shows you named were produced in HD, so fat chance on the rest of them.

Actually, I believe Teen Titans has the best chance via Warner Archive, though it would likely be the same quality as the Justice League releases.

whats the name of the spiderman in the 90s? the one on Fox. im hoping to get the complete series on that.

There is no complete series of that. Disney released a handful of themed DVDs back when the first Raimi Spider-Man was released, but none since.

I would love a Young Justice release.  I'm encouraged by the Brave and the Bold season sets coming out, so here's hoping.

Marvel's not stupid, Disney wanted everything under their umbrella, even if it meant cancelling Spectacular and the Avengers cartoons.  Now you may hate Ultimate Spider-man and the new Avengers cartoon (especially with the inane switching between aspect ratios), but money-wise, and knowing that the characters are what sells the cartoon, it probably made sense.  Similar thing happened to Clone Wars, I think.

Don't forget the ridiculously catchy theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoeOBDSgWBA

I had heard about this Blu-Ray set a little while ago, but it's nice to see the pre-order price dropped a little (looks like Best Buy online also has it for $29.99). I'm just glad they're finally getting around to releasing it all together. I just hope that eventually we'll see complete series Blu-Ray sets for X-Men, X-Men Evolution, Teen Titans, Young Justice and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
It's not a Complete Series set but both seasons of Earth's Mightiest Heroes are out on Blu Ray in Canada. They look fantastic.

Only the last two shows you named were produced in HD, so fat chance on the rest of them.
I don't know about Evolution, but wasn't the first series traditionally produced on cels? Any show not mastered on videotape or via CG at sub-HD resolutions can be transferred to high definition and show marked improvement over SD. It's not likely with an older show like X-Men, but still possible.

I don't know about Evolution, but wasn't the first series traditionally produced on cels? Any show not mastered on videotape or via CG at sub-HD resolutions can be transferred to high definition and show marked improvement over SD. It's not likely with an older show like X-Men, but still possible.
Evolution was definitely digital, but yeah, you're right, the first was made with cels, so I suppose it's possible. With a show as ugly as that, however, I'd be really surprised.

This set was released today and dropped in price from $29.99 to $24.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IGVJH0E/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=010CBDFYZTXTZNYZ3W5A&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200422&pf_rd_i=507846

Man I love this show and the $5 drop is nice, but I really would like to pay $20 or less for this set.  I just don't know if this is going to drop more/often in the future, or if it's going to be one of those more obscure releases where the cheapest it ever gets is release week...

I hear this comes with movie cash for Amazing Spider-Man 2. I ordered it for $24.99 from BestBuy, who also has it on sale.

I hear this comes with movie cash for Amazing Spider-Man 2. I ordered it for $24.99 from BestBuy, who also has it on sale.
Yeah I'm trying to get to the bottom of that right now- if the Amazon version comes with movie cash for AS2, I'll be all over this set for $24.99 (even $29.99!). This Blu-ray.com thread, http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=237426&page=9, is dancing around this question so far...

The last few posts in the Blu-Ray.com thread linked above say that someone did get it from Amazon and it did have the HMM voucher code for ASM2.

I just picked this up from Best Buy and it had the $10 movie money for Amazing Spider-Man 2.

A word of warning for those looking to pick this up from Best Buy, though (I'm only listing Best Buy since that's where I got mine from, not sure if it's the same everywhere else).  The movie money sticker is on the outer sleeve of the Blu-Ray set (which isn't shrinkwrapped).  I imagine it won't be long before some real scummy people out there take advantage of this.

The last few posts in the Blu-Ray.com thread linked above say that someone did get it from Amazon and it did have the HMM voucher code for ASM2.
Yeah, I just noticed this and was also going to post it in this thread! That was enough for me- I just finished placing my order for it on Amazon. It sounds like all of these first-print versions of this set have the sticker for the Hollywood Movie Money.

Thanks eastx and Gden for being willing to update me on your sets, though! CAG is awesome!

I have to go onto amazon to get them to adjust the price that I paid for this, now.  Took a few minutes, but I got the $5.35 back in amazon credit.  (I paid for it with an amazon gift card)

I have to go onto amazon to get them to adjust the price that I paid for this, now. Took a few minutes, but I got the $5.35 back in amazon credit. (I paid for it with an amazon gift card)
Thanks for the heads up, just went and got an adjustment from Amazon as well. Good deal, especially since it comes with the movie money.

No prob, my order seems like it's going to come tomorrow, can't wait.  I'm not sure what I'm marathoning first.  

Mine just arrived entirely smashed. Strange, guess I'll get amazon to send me a new one. How's the PQ? Better than DVD I hope.

bread's done
Back