BOGO Disney on Amazon UK and Zavvi

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 rbenns2

rbenns2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:25 AM

I used a code I found off retailmenot....
Bank blocked my transaction as suspicious activity so I have to call them back when I have time to wait on hold for a half hour

Which code did you use? The only ones I found were either not working, or Frozen Steelbook was not eligible.

#32 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:38 AM

not sure..

just got done watching my Aladdin bluray =) still waiting on 101 Dalmatians and Frozen 3D

Gator%20Deve%2086.jpg

Currently Playing:

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

#33 tyron3biggum5

tyron3biggum5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:46 AM

Still waiting on the Frozen steelbook, but already got Aladdin, 101 Dalmatians & Hercules. Each of them shiiped separately.

#34 cbulas1

cbulas1

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

not sure..

just got done watching my Aladdin bluray =) still waiting on 101 Dalmatians and Frozen 3D

Am I missing something here?  Frozen 3D isn't eligible for this B1G1... is it?

Posted Image

#35 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

Am I missing something here? Frozen 3D isn't eligible for this B1G1... is it?

No.. Hence Aladdin and 101 Dalmations ... I planned on ordering Frozen either way and have been looking for Aladdin reasonably priced for a while

Gator%20Deve%2086.jpg

Currently Playing:

#36 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:07 AM

Picked Aladdin and 101 Dalmations from Zavvi. Zavvi ends up about $6 cheaper than Amazon UK, even with the VAT.

Thanks Rbenns!

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#37 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

This deal is amazing! Going to get Aladdin and... something else. Hmm...

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
ifqh2N3.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#38 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

Soooo.... Couldn't get the issue with my bank resolved before Zavvi cancelled my order but not after sending me Aladdin for free... Sucks I missed out on the Frozen 3D steel but I guess Aladdin for free isn't bad

Gator%20Deve%2086.jpg

Currently Playing:

#39 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:36 AM

Aladdin is very pretty on blu-ray.  I'm glad I ordered it.  Gonna watch 101 dalmations sometime soon.

I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#40 movie_mike

movie_mike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:17 AM

Are these the same transfers as their US counterparts? Meaning, do you know if Disney uses the same transfers before releasing our discs here in the states? I know the reason you all order is because these movies aren't released in the states yet, but I'm assuming other regions have got the Disney blus we have here, just earlier (in some cases). Do we know if those are the same transfers or does Disney re-do them before releasing stateside? (Wow - not sure that rambling made *any* sense... sick at home so logic portion of the brain is already asleep).

#41 rbenns2

rbenns2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

Are these the same transfers as their US counterparts? Meaning, do you know if Disney uses the same transfers before releasing our discs here in the states? I know the reason you all order is because these movies aren't released in the states yet, but I'm assuming other regions have got the Disney blus we have here, just earlier (in some cases). Do we know if those are the same transfers or does Disney re-do them before releasing stateside? (Wow - not sure that rambling made *any* sense... sick at home so logic portion of the brain is already asleep).

So far the video transfers that we've got here from previous import-only films like Dumbo have been the same. However, with a title that has as large a gap as Aladdin (currently slated for Fall 2015 - though that could change) they may (or may not) use that time to make improvements (especially the 6.1 soundtrack). Aladdin is a fan favorite and a hit of the New Renaissance, but is considered to be insensitive to Muslims, which is probably why we've yet to see it here.