Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox 360 $13.49 Target instore YMMV

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#1 stickyfeet

stickyfeet

Don't panic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:43 PM

In store you have to price match Target.com for 32.49 then preorder a video game for a 1.00. The preorder gives you a $20.00 discount this week. Total out the door was $13.49 plus tax.

#2 stickyfeet

stickyfeet

Don't panic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Also some other video game price matching possibilites are being discussed in the target ad post that were posted around the same time.

#3 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Maybe I try.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#4 LegendAssassin

LegendAssassin

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

This isn't YMMV lol I've done this around the same time last year with Tomb Raider and got it for 1$ by price matching somewhere else and then buying a preorder card.

#5 Msn1983

Msn1983

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

Yup. You can PM Black Flag to Amazon and it should only be $12-13

EDIT: Just checked Target.com AC4 is only $30 on there so PM to that and only pay $10

Also for those trying to do these it is YEMV. Target has been sending memos out saying don't do a PM + preorder deal but I did it a few weeks ago at a few dif stores and never had a problem. Try buying a few other things so it's not as obvious and dont hand them the preorder card till last.

#6 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

Hmm....sounds like I'm going to buy Ghosts then. And maybe AC4.

Red card adds another 5% off.

#7 guessed

guessed

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

This isn't YMMV lol I've done this around the same time last year with Tomb Raider and got it for 1$ by price matching somewhere else and then buying a preorder card.

A lot of people did it successfully, and some people got denied by managers saying they couldn't price match and do the preorder promo, even though the system allowed it. Rumor has it that they are cracking down on this sort of thing, but there will probably still be success stories. Still, YMMV, even if you were able to do a similar thing last year.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#8 letskissthesky

letskissthesky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

If anyone goes in store and notices any unadvertised games that count towards this let us know. I'll be going later today but not til the afternoon.
Posted Image

#9 LegendAssassin

LegendAssassin

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

A lot of people did it successfully, and some people got denied by managers saying they couldn't price match and do the preorder promo, even though the system allowed it. Rumor has it that they are cracking down on this sort of thing, but there will probably still be success stories. Still, YMMV, even if you were able to do a similar thing last year.

You can easily push the topic just bring in their price match policy and tell them to show you "where" it states that if it isn't in their policy they can't really do that. If they do you just call corporate in front of them and ask for their name. Corporate hates hearing bad things about stores and the manager will likely just let you do it if you push it enough since there is nothing in their policy saying you can't price match and get the in store deal.

#10 LegendAssassin

LegendAssassin

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

It even states on in the sales paper they will price match right above it: http://weeklyad.targ...ype=zoomView#18

#11 DaddyBoJangles

DaddyBoJangles

A Blue Slime Appears

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

They are knocking 20 dollars off any game if you pre-order something?  Saw the ad, my bad. Remove this post mods.

Posted Image

I'm the hero of this story, don't need to be saved

#12 jtfox21

jtfox21

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

^^^yeah, they're flirting w false advertising there... apparently corporate and marketing are not on the same page.

#13 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

You can easily push the topic just bring in their price match policy and tell them to show you "where" it states that if it isn't in their policy they can't really do that. If they do you just call corporate in front of them and ask for their name. Corporate hates hearing bad things about stores and the manager will likely just let you do it if you push it enough since there is nothing in their policy saying you can't price match and get the in store deal.

Don't be that guy. Store managers have final say. Raising a stink is just so unnecessary.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#14 Msn1983

Msn1983

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

I agree. If they tell me no I would just say thanks and come back later or go to another store. The more of a scene you make the more attention it will bring from employees. Yes you could call corporate but I wouldn't want to get somebody fired cuz I was taking advantage of a flaw. At the end of the day we know what we are doing. Don't be a dick about it.

#15 LegendAssassin

LegendAssassin

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

I agree. If they tell me no I would just say thanks and come back later or go to another store. The more of a scene you make the more attention it will bring from employees. Yes you could call corporate but I wouldn't want to get somebody fired cuz I was taking advantage of a flaw. At the end of the day we know what we are doing. Don't be a dick about it.

How is that a flaw? Someone knew what they were doing when they made the ad. They are sitting in front of a computer when they make it so they clearly knew CoD was on sale and they still put this deal with it. This doesn't happen once in the blue moon this is a constant thing that happens with Target. Last week was X1 with Target.com price match and Cartwheel. Not even a few days later it is Xbox 360 and in store ad.

#16 XSpark210X

XSpark210X

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

*double post

#17 XSpark210X

XSpark210X

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

Taken from their corporate policy.

https://corporate.ta...with-confidence

Item exclusions:
 Items part of movie/game reservation card promotion.

Target.com and target b&m are seperate entities so prices may vary obviously.

#18 guessed

guessed

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

Taken from their corporate policy.

https://corporate.ta...with-confidence

Item exclusions:
Items part of movie/game reservation card promotion.

Pretty sure that is fairly new, probably in direct response to the Tomb Raider thing, and, BTW, I got in on the TR deal back then, too, but I also got denied at one store by a manager who yelled at me and kicked me out.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#19 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

i will try this on ass creed and cod, have nothinb to lose :D
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#20 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

Too bad it's not for the xb1 versions.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#21 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

I had success with Tomb Raider last year (twice!) but not expecting the same results this time.  No way anyone should call corporate...I shop at Target way too much to want to make a fuss over $20 on a video game.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#22 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

Sweet, I'll give this a shot for AC4 (:ps3:) and Ghosts (:360:), thanks OP! :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#23 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

Pretty sure that is fairly new, probably in direct response to the Tomb Raider thing, and, BTW, I got in on the TR deal back then, too, but I also got denied at one store by a manager who yelled at me and kicked me out.

That's why you do some regular shopping too.  PM the game, give the a few other things to ring and then the reservation card.  

Newegg as the XB1 version for $40, so if you can get them to PM, it would only be $20.

EDIT: Amazon also has it for $40, but it also hinges on if the reserve discount applies to X1 games.  I didn't read the ad yet...

EDIT #2:  Nevermind.  I read it. Shutting up now. :lol:

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#24 lilbuddy

lilbuddy

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

No go in store. Can't do PM and bundle.

#25 stickyfeet

stickyfeet

Don't panic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

Depends on store. I did it in store this morning. No issues at all.

#26 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

So not five minutes after I posted that I got two PM's from newer members on have to commit return fraud at various stores. Stay classy CAG.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#27 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

So not five minutes after I posted that I got two PM's from newer members on have to commit return fraud at various stores. Stay classy CAG.

:wall: This place seems to be going downhill...

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#28 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

Keep in mind since best buy had the gamer unlocked membership on sale last week a lot people from slickdeals bought it and came over here all the sudden so now we are getting all slickdeals grimey people

#29 Hiiipowerswag

Hiiipowerswag

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

Me and my boy were able to snag a few , sick of COD but will ebay it, THANKS

#30 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

Their :ps3: shows $33.xx online as well, anyone try that yet? Shouldn't make a difference right?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png