Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox 360 $13.49 Target instore YMMV

stickyfeet

CAGiversary!
In store you have to price match Target.com for 32.49 then preorder a video game for a 1.00. The preorder gives you a $20.00 discount this week. Total out the door was $13.49 plus tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also some other video game price matching possibilites are being discussed in the target ad post that were posted around the same time.

This isn't YMMV lol I've done this around the same time last year with Tomb Raider and got it for 1$ by price matching somewhere else and then buying a preorder card.

Yup. You can PM Black Flag to Amazon and it should only be $12-13

EDIT: Just checked Target.com AC4 is only $30 on there so PM to that and only pay $10

Also for those trying to do these it is YEMV. Target has been sending memos out saying don't do a PM + preorder deal but I did it a few weeks ago at a few dif stores and never had a problem. Try buying a few other things so it's not as obvious and dont hand them the preorder card till last.

This isn't YMMV lol I've done this around the same time last year with Tomb Raider and got it for 1$ by price matching somewhere else and then buying a preorder card.
A lot of people did it successfully, and some people got denied by managers saying they couldn't price match and do the preorder promo, even though the system allowed it. Rumor has it that they are cracking down on this sort of thing, but there will probably still be success stories. Still, YMMV, even if you were able to do a similar thing last year.

If anyone goes in store and notices any unadvertised games that count towards this let us know. I'll be going later today but not til the afternoon.

A lot of people did it successfully, and some people got denied by managers saying they couldn't price match and do the preorder promo, even though the system allowed it. Rumor has it that they are cracking down on this sort of thing, but there will probably still be success stories. Still, YMMV, even if you were able to do a similar thing last year.
You can easily push the topic just bring in their price match policy and tell them to show you "where" it states that if it isn't in their policy they can't really do that. If they do you just call corporate in front of them and ask for their name. Corporate hates hearing bad things about stores and the manager will likely just let you do it if you push it enough since there is nothing in their policy saying you can't price match and get the in store deal.

They are knocking 20 dollars off any game if you pre-order something?  Saw the ad, my bad. Remove this post mods.

^^^yeah, they're flirting w false advertising there... apparently corporate and marketing are not on the same page.

You can easily push the topic just bring in their price match policy and tell them to show you "where" it states that if it isn't in their policy they can't really do that. If they do you just call corporate in front of them and ask for their name. Corporate hates hearing bad things about stores and the manager will likely just let you do it if you push it enough since there is nothing in their policy saying you can't price match and get the in store deal.
Don't be that guy. Store managers have final say. Raising a stink is just so unnecessary.

I agree. If they tell me no I would just say thanks and come back later or go to another store. The more of a scene you make the more attention it will bring from employees. Yes you could call corporate but I wouldn't want to get somebody fired cuz I was taking advantage of a flaw. At the end of the day we know what we are doing. Don't be a dick about it.

I agree. If they tell me no I would just say thanks and come back later or go to another store. The more of a scene you make the more attention it will bring from employees. Yes you could call corporate but I wouldn't want to get somebody fired cuz I was taking advantage of a flaw. At the end of the day we know what we are doing. Don't be a dick about it.
How is that a flaw? Someone knew what they were doing when they made the ad. They are sitting in front of a computer when they make it so they clearly knew CoD was on sale and they still put this deal with it. This doesn't happen once in the blue moon this is a constant thing that happens with Target. Last week was X1 with Target.com price match and Cartwheel. Not even a few days later it is Xbox 360 and in store ad.

I had success with Tomb Raider last year (twice!) but not expecting the same results this time.  No way anyone should call corporate...I shop at Target way too much to want to make a fuss over $20 on a video game.

Pretty sure that is fairly new, probably in direct response to the Tomb Raider thing, and, BTW, I got in on the TR deal back then, too, but I also got denied at one store by a manager who yelled at me and kicked me out.
That's why you do some regular shopping too. PM the game, give the a few other things to ring and then the reservation card.

Too bad it's not for the xb1 versions.
Newegg as the XB1 version for $40, so if you can get them to PM, it would only be $20.

EDIT: Amazon also has it for $40, but it also hinges on if the reserve discount applies to X1 games. I didn't read the ad yet...

EDIT #2: Nevermind. I read it. Shutting up now. :lol:

So not five minutes after I posted that I got two PM's from newer members on have to commit return fraud at various stores. Stay classy CAG.
Keep in mind since best buy had the gamer unlocked membership on sale last week a lot people from slickdeals bought it and came over here all the sudden so now we are getting all slickdeals grimey people

Got :ps3: version for $9.99 plus $1 preorder.

I price matched Toys R Us' $29.99 price.

No issues at all.

:ps3: version includes ps4 digital version for $10 until the end of the month.

:wall: This place seems to be going downhill...
At this point, I don't think it's just a matter of "well, the bigger the site grows, the more of the undesirable element will be here," which is an excuse I've heard before.

I think this is just the way of CAG now. All out to make a buck. Sad.

I got them to PM their online price and add Cartwheel last time but they didn't want to do it at first and they didn't want to do two even though there is no policy against it. The manager kept making up excuses and she eventually just fell back on the "we can refuse price matches for any reason" argument.

So refused PM is the easiest way for them to stop this even if there is no policy.

Except for the fact that if it's true they're trying to "crack down on it", that would mean it's not something "bad" about the store at all. If they say nothing about it and it's truly YMMV then ok, try and and exploit it. But the second we hear (usually from a reliable source) that from the corporate level they're trying to put a stop to it...then we should also stop. At that point we're just being douchebags and potentially getting somebody in trouble for simply doing their job. Yes, if it doesn't explicitly say you can't do it on their policy you may want to raise a stick...but guess what if it doesn't explicitly say you CAN then they have the final say verbally.

I understand everybody wanting a good deal, but just think about it...clearly a deal like this isn't "meant to be", giving out games for $1-10 obviously isn't something they want to be doing.

Except for the fact that if it's true they're trying to "crack down on it", that would mean it's not something "bad" about the store at all. If they say nothing about it and it's truly YMMV then ok, try and and exploit it. But the second we hear (usually from a reliable source) that from the corporate level they're trying to put a stop to it...then we should also stop. At that point we're just being douchebags and potentially getting somebody in trouble for simply doing their job. Yes, if it doesn't explicitly say you can't do it on their policy you may want to raise a stick...but guess what if it doesn't explicitly say you CAN then they have the final say verbally.

I understand everybody wanting a good deal, but just think about it...clearly a deal like this isn't "meant to be", giving out games for $1-10 obviously isn't something they want to be doing.
Actually it does state in there policy they don't they updated the policy not long ago and it exclude these games from price match for the week:
Item exclusions:

Items part of movie/game reservation card promotion.
Non-branded items (e.g., produce not marketed under a specific brand name).
Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.).
Target Portrait Studio, Optical and Clinic offers.
Contract cell phone plans and devices.
Items out of stock at a Target store at the time the price match is requested will not be issued a rain check.
Target team member discounts may not be used with online competitor price match.

So basically it's a YMMV deal.

If you get it good for you but if you don't..... No whining.

I'm going to try this tomorrow. Had success last year so maybe will work again.

No go at my target, it went through the system but I was told that they couldn't do it. I didn't press the issue, not a big deal. So it's YMMV.

well now this it's Fp on SD it (brilliant post by a newb) it will be dead soon enough

might want to give it a thumbs down if you have a moment...

well now this it's Fp on SD it (brilliant post by a newb) it will be dead soon enough

might want to give it a thumbs down if you have a moment...
Blaming SD. Yes more people will try since it's on there but the deal is YMMV to begin with. No need to blast another site just b/c you guys might be too slow to get in on it.

No matter where or when it's posted on whatever site, it's your job to get in on these deals as soon as they come up. Not bitch that another community got in on it.

bread's done
Back