Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

TRU. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zero 26.99 with 10.00 Gift Card.

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#1 DaddyBoJangles

DaddyBoJangles

A Blue Slime Appears

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

Mod edit: good for all versions of the game

I closed at my TRU tonight and set up all the games in the case and whatnot. The $10 Gift Card promotion works for ALL systems (XB360, XBOne, PS3, PS4). So you should be all set there.

----

Toys R Us over on their webpage have MGS5 listed with a 10.00 gift card coming back for purchase. The ad only lists one SKU(Xbox 360) , not sure if this deal will work with other platforms. Guess we'll know more Tuesday. 

OIa6M2B.jpg

Coupon Below will knock an additional 2.99 off the game at time of purchase.

iqg38z.png

Posted Image

I'm the hero of this story, don't need to be saved

#2 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

I don't see it on the site. You have a link?

Posted Image

#3 Shadow Cloud

Shadow Cloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

I went to their site and don't see this ad any where. Screenshot?

#4 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

It's in the online ad - as well as $10 GC for New Yoshi's Island

OIa6M2B.jpg

Posted Image

#5 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

I see it in the weekly ad.  That's somewhat tempting, even if it is absurdly short.

FadeToOne.png

#6 Dreamcastguy

Dreamcastguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

NM.  Seems to be a physical store only deal.

#7 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

hmm i have three options

1. buy this from tru for full msrp (paying this much for a 1 hour demo burns smh) get the gift card and trade it in asap before the tiv nukes

2. get this for 23.99$ at bestbuy using gcu, get no gift card and trade it in asap

3. use gamestops ”7 day rental” policy and just spend nothing

i think imma do option 3 cause as much as i looooove metal gear im not letting konami pimp me out of this much money for a seemingly one hour demo. plus if this does really well other publishers will try it too :(
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#8 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

This is slightly more attractive to me because I have $20 in GCs lying around and I don't buy anything from TRU that often--paying basically nothing for Ground Zeroes ($9.99 after GCs + $10 GC back) isn't too shabby.

Can we assume this applies to the :ps4: / :xb1: versions, too?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#9 DaddyBoJangles

DaddyBoJangles

A Blue Slime Appears

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

This is slightly more attractive to me because I have $20 in GCs lying around and I don't buy anything from TRU that often--paying basically nothing for Ground Zeroes ($9.99 after GCs + $10 GC back) isn't too shabby.

I am hoping it applies to the next gen version. I would probably have to grab it on the xbone if it does. 

It's in the online ad - as well as $10 GC for New Yoshi's Island

Added image to first post. Thanks!

Posted Image

#10 guessed

guessed

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

We can hope, but we can't assume. Ad only shows one number.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#11 Bivensra

Bivensra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

I bought Yoshi and the system on Friday. I wonder if I can get the $10 gift card.
"GO YANKEES"

#12 DaddyBoJangles

DaddyBoJangles

A Blue Slime Appears

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

I bought Yoshi and the system on Friday. I wonder if I can get the $10 gift card.

TRU is very good about honoring deals and sales as long as its within 30 days of purchase. You should have no problem.
Posted Image

#13 Lax1085

Lax1085

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

Do tru gift cards work on psn cards? do they have kindle cards as well?

#14 zzamaro

zzamaro

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

Do tru gift cards work on psn cards? do they have kindle cards as well?

I believe they do. However, you can't use them right away. Guess you have to wait at least 12 hours for the card to activate.

[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#15 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

We can hope, but we can't assume. Ad only shows one number.

Blech, that would suck if this was for :360: only. :???:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

#16 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

Interesting, I plan on buying both the PS4 and Xbone versions, I wonder if I can get 2 cards

mgs.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#17 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

this is going to be on the phantom pain disk when that game releases correct ? if so i would advise people waiting for that to come out as imo this game is ant cag imo. you get no equal value for your buck
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#18 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

i wonder what the tiv for this game is going to be , LOL

#19 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

this is going to be on the phantom pain disk when that game releases correct ? if so i would advise people waiting for that to come out as imo this game is ant cag imo. you get no equal value for your buck

Wait, if Ground Zeroes is going to be on the Phantom Pain disc, then why do you get "in-game bonuses" for Phantom Pain if you have save data from Ground Zeroes? :???:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#20 gthirst

gthirst

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

I'm betting there will be a 'complete' edition with both games and some limited edition junk. Then there will be PP alone without GZ for normal price $59.99.

LIVE!!! DIGITAL CODES FOR COMEDY!!! NOW WITH CHARITY, Steam/GOG/Desura, and $5 Gamestop Coupons!

REVIVE PHANTOM DUST

#21 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

Such a shame...

http://www.howlongto...me.php?id=17291

#22 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

not surprising, i already watched the whole entire gameplay on youtube. it  is basically a movie, with a few minutes of gameplay here and there.

#23 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

Wait, if Ground Zeroes is going to be on the Phantom Pain disc, then why do you get "in-game bonuses" for Phantom Pain if you have save data from Ground Zeroes? :???:

they know.ground zeros is a rip off so they try to throw a little extra fluff on top of the extremly small package. sadly its gonna work
Currently playing

690739.png

#24 bulldozer86

bulldozer86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

I started looked into this game because I dig stealth and am always up for some more of it but, I know saying this doesn't help and it is technically off topic, but holy Fuck you guys, this takes some titanium testicles. They must have a partnership deal with a hardware store because all the wheelbarrows they use to cart their gigantic balls around in.  I went and looked into some of the "gameplay" footage and was trying to identify where the heft or core of the experience is and wow, I hope everyone planning on buying this gets a GREAT deal and gets to make most if not all of their money back, because y'all SEEMINGLY (I could be wrong, the game could be amazing and have tons of hidden stuff but chances are slim, but I'm pulling for you fans of the series) are getting fleeced the likes of which I've never seen.

#25 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

I started looked into this game because I dig stealth and am always up for some more of it but, I know saying this doesn't help and it is technically off topic, but holy Fuck you guys, this takes some titanium testicles. They must have a partnership deal with a hardware store because all the wheelbarrows they use to cart their gigantic balls around in. I went and looked into some of the "gameplay" footage and was trying to identify where the heft or core of the experience is and wow, I hope everyone planning on buying this gets a GREAT deal and gets to make most if not all of their money back, because y'all SEEMINGLY (I could be wrong, the game could be amazing and have tons of hidden stuff but chances are slim, but I'm pulling for you fans of the series) are getting fleeced the likes of which I've never seen.

like i said earlier, a gamestop rental solves this issue. no way anyone should spend money on this total.ripoff. and people say ea is bad lol
Currently playing

690739.png

#26 bulldozer86

bulldozer86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

like i said earlier, a gamestop rental solves this issue. no way anyone should spend money on this total.ripoff. and people say ea is bad lol

You make an excellent point, and I hope people do take your advice.  It's a smart way of navigating through this business practice/model.  I only felt compelled to speak up about it because I genuinely felt bad for fans of the series despite never truly having it resonate with me personally.  I am also, like may in this thread, hoping that things like this and other recent games that feel like they are less than 100% of a game don't become the norm.

#27 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

Konami has confirmed it will not be bundled together.  

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#28 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

So that makes it worth a dollar a minute.

Never stop making them pay.

#29 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

Konami has confirmed it will not be bundled together.

as many times as publishers have went back on their word i dont believe it for a second. you and i both know it will happen lmao
Currently playing

690739.png

#30 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

Isn't it a $20 pre order on PSN?