IndieGameStand Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
New thread here.

Minimum is $0.25 and $1.00 or more will unlock a Steam key (when applicable). Beat the current average for bonus content.

How it works:
  • New game every 96 hours. Check back every 4 days for a brand new featured indie game.
  • Pay what you want. Every sale allows you to pick your own price and helps fund indie developers.
  • Support charity. A portion of the proceeds from each sale goes towards the charity of the game developer’s choice.
Past Deals
Currently on sale in the Game Store.
Blog

IndieGameStand on:
Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Steam

Last edited by a moderator:
*sighs*

I missed out on the previous deal. I was gonna buy it but got sidetracked and forgot about it. :(
I only wanted it if there were Desura keys which IGS and the developer seemed not to respond back about.

I suppose it will get Greenlit like everything else these days sooner or later so there was that but eh.

To be honest, the in the works remake looks more promising than the RPG Maker version IGS was pitching anyhow.

The current deal's BTA is pointless. $1 gets you all of the DLC on Steam. Doubt any CAGs will buy it, but figured someone should mention that..

EDIT: Apparently I was wrong, ignore this post.

The current deal's BTA is pointless. $1 gets you all of the DLC on Steam. Doubt any CAGs will buy it, but figured someone should mention that..
That's what I thought, but their blog states that the non-BTA Steam key is for Burning Retribution. Did you get confirmation on this?

Well there is always the contingent that will want the DLC DRM free, which here on this site consists pretty much of just MysterD.

Well, to take one for the team, I bought just the $1 level and received a Steam key for Burning Retribution + Weapon Pack. No Forgotten Prison DLC is shown in the Steam client.

For posterity...

zO9U1oE.png

Well, to take one for the team, I bought just the $1 level and received a Steam key for Burning Retribution + Weapon Pack. No Forgotten Prison DLC is shown in the Steam client.
That's odd, I guess the person on GOG was mistaken then. Doesn't make much sense though.

I only wanted it if there were Desura keys which IGS and the developer seemed not to respond back about.

I suppose it will get Greenlit like everything else these days sooner or later so there was that but eh.

To be honest, the in the works remake looks more promising than the RPG Maker version IGS was pitching anyhow.
But it's a h4x0r RPG! I wanted it. ;_;

Yeah, I actually like the concept. That's why I'm glad he's re-doing it because I don't think it will be taken seriously as an RPG Maker game.

Plus the bundles almost always give Desura keys. :p
I really enjoy hacker-fiction, especially really flashy stuff that I know that isn't even close to how things really are. Hackers is one of my favorite movies because of how stupid it really is.

And stop dissing RPG Maker games. ;_;

And stop dissing RPG Maker games. ;_;
Unlike a lot of people I don't automatically hate them all, but besides the fact that they're a bit '1991 called, it wants its graphics back' the engine is ridiculously outdated, low res and lacks some very basic features, like Steam overlay for one.

Plus I just feel like for better or worse something that's got a good concept and actually has a good amount of effort put into it is going to get overlooked by a lot of people on that platform.

To quote something I read once describing how Winter Voices was an excellent concept dragged down by using Adobe Air as the engine, it's like "Luciano Pavarotti supported by an orchestra of pots and pans".

Updated...

War of the Human Tanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY9iygu2nis

BTA: Sound of the Human Tanks I (OST)
  • DRM Free
  • Available platforms: Windows  
  • Redeem this game on ($1 min.): Desura, Steam

I could have sworn this had already been on IGS before.

If anyone's interested, I'd recommend passing on this. I played around two hours of it and it's not very good. The art is terrible, the interface unintuitive, and the gameplay confusing and tedious even if you wind up understanding how to properly play. I'm a fan of goofy anime dialog probably more than the next guy, but the writing here was simply awful and there is a truckload of it (probably around a 20/5 minute ratio to reading/playing). I wanted to like it and kept trying to, but I honestly can't say anything good about it.

On the plus side card prices were great last I checked, so that could be its saving grace.

I could have sworn this had already been on IGS before.

If anyone's interested, I'd recommend passing on this. I played around two hours of it and it's not very good. The art is terrible, the interface unintuitive, and the gameplay confusing and tedious even if you wind up understanding how to properly play. I'm a fan of goofy anime dialog probably more than the next guy, but the writing here was simply awful and there is a truckload of it (probably around a 20/5 minute ratio to reading/playing). I wanted to like it and kept trying to, but I honestly can't say anything good about it.

On the plus side card prices were great last I checked, so that could be its saving grace.
thanks a dollar saved is.....

a dollar i can put towards a bottle of moonshine

.... and the winner of this month's "Bad TIming Award" is IndieGameStand for AirBuccaneers! Showing exceptional bad timing in adding a $1 deal for a game that's already available for $1 with two other games on IndieGala.

7puci.jpg

I think it's cool they got Stevie Hawking to do the intro for Heuningsengensen.  He's really branching out from black holes to strippers on now to video games.  Rock on!

Apparently Indie Game Stand is distributing Desura keys for Data Hacker Initiation and Corruption now. Would have been nice to know they would be doing that back when the deal was running and I tried to ask about it but got no response. :roll:

Apparently Indie Game Stand is distributing Desura keys for Data Hacker Initiation and Corruption now. Would have been nice to know they would be doing that back when the deal was running and I tried to ask about it but got no response. :roll:
Yeah, well, you'll be glad they didn't when those games show up in an Indiegala.

This was in the Debut 6 bundle, but due to IR's wacky pricing I passed. It sort of reminds me of a isometric Vanquish for some reason.

This was in the Debut 6 bundle, but due to IR's wacky pricing I passed. It sort of reminds me of a isometric Vanquish for some reason.
I was going to ask if anyone had tried this as I was thinking of grabbing it. Instead I'll thank you for pointing out that I already have it.

New IGS Deal 
PWYW for 1849 min 1 dollar for keys when available 
PC/Mac (DRM-free, Greenlit) 
BTA for Wallpapers and Android Demo (maybe full android version when released?)

New deal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q4Rs0tZOno

BTA:Android Demo & Wallpapers
  • Available platforms: Windows, Mac  
  • Redeem this game on ($1 min.): Steam Greenlight (NOTE: 1849 has been Greenlit and qualifying PWYW purchases will be eligible to receive Steam keys when the game launches in May. )

For those of you wondering about the Android version, the dev has confirmed in the forums that BTAing only gets you the Android DEMO ("for the community to try out" aka beta test). And will not provide the full version.

They are definitely giving out Desura/Steam keys once the game releases in May though. It looks neat, but unless you really want the wallpapers, there's no sense in BTAing (it's $1.30 atm) for a mobile demo.

Here's the quote:

The Android demo is just an experimental build that we wanted to share with our community, but it's not a full game, and will not be upgraded to a full version.

I think it looks neat, so I put in the $1.00. Maybe they'll include the wallpapers anyways in the full-release.

Eh I BTA anyway (was $1.19 at the point I got it so I paid $1.20). I know it's unCAGly of me but it wasn't much more and I figured I might muck around with the demo/beta on my tablet for a bit.

Cube & Star is also in the current Atomic Bundle at IndieRoyale (but not the warped edition).

Warped Edition is supposed to be the game but with "different visual effects" (whatever that means).

The dev has tweeted that he'll be trying to include Desura keys as well for those who purchased.

Indie Game Stand is such a pain in the ass about Desura keys. It seems like we frequently have to nag them for it whereas we never do with Groupees or Gala. Kind of tired of that crap.

Indie Game Stand is such a pain in the ass about Desura keys. It seems like we frequently have to nag them for it whereas we never do with Groupees or Gala. Kind of tired of that crap.
I can't say the issues with keys is the only reason I've not grabbed anything from IGS in a long time, but it certainly is one reason.

On the bright side, at least this comes with a Steam key. The Desura key is just a bonus, imo, I definitely care less about +1 Desura as opposed to +1 Steam. At least the dev is acknowledging it and trying.

Well Gala WON'T give Desura or DRM-free if it is already available on Steam. Plus the soundtrack/bonus art stuff are rarely included. As much as I like Groupees, they don't always get DRM-free and Desura (even if they are available) ie Two Brothers didn't get DRM-free for either Groupees or IndieGala. The situation for these promotions are different. IGS is about the individual dev and the DRM-free, while Groupees is about a theme of games (and if they get desura or drm-free great. If they don't, well we can't do much about it unless the Groupees admins nag the devs for them) and IndieGala is about one or the other. If there's Steam, then no drm-free. If Desura, no drm-free (but Steam in the future of course), if drm-free (well... there is a big chance the game isn't on greenlight and we have to nag for steam keys anyways)

BTW Desura keys available now for Cube and Star. (If OP hasn't updated it yet)

also Footlol Steam keys in your wallet now if you bought it through IGS.

Soul Gambler is on sale today only for 99 cents down from $5. However there are no Desura keys (in spite of the game being on Desura) and the game is not on Steam Greenlight at all so that kind of kills the deal for me.

A shame because with a Desura key or maybe even just being on Greenlight with a promise of a Steam key later if it gets in I'd definitely go for it at this price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyVwxXjmpus

crowdfunded on kickstarter

featured in the windows phone store

I appreciate the honesty, but I'm not sure they understand how a promotional video is supposed to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back