Photo
- - - - -

Is there any way to get game patches w/o broadband?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

Just curious if anyone has had to do this yet or knows anyone who does. My financial situation may be worsening soon and if I have to move back to southern IL with my parents the only broadband available there is Verizon Mi-Fi 4G adapter w/5 GB per month data cap. No other family members nearby use the Internet enough to have cable or DSL & just use their phones so that's not an option either.

I'm not looking to play MP as I understand that would be a no-go, but just curious so I can get the patches for single-player games like South Park, Infamous, the new Dragon Age, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#2 tgk2044

tgk2044

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:00 AM

xbuc.net is the only thing I know of. If you have a laptop and go on wifi somewhere else to download them
Posted Image

#3 alive_peanuts

alive_peanuts

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

me too. i'm downloading the patch of Eclipse War Online yesterday but my broadband doesnt have signal on my current location. So i want to mall and connect to the public wifi.

#4 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

Do your family members have any neighbors they are friends with that are in wifi range? If so you might talk to them about giving them $10 or $20 a month to use their wifi. :)

#5 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

I don't think so Indiana.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png