Photo
- - - - -

The Lego Movie 3DS, $10.99 at Target ($29.99, then $20 off with a $1 preorder of another game)

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:07 AM

Just a heads up. Target is having their buy a game and reserve a game $20 off promotion again on select games. All The Lego Movie games are within this promotion and the 3DS version is $29.99 so just get the game and grab a $1 reservation card and the total will be $10.99 before tax.

Thanks...I will definitely be stopping by Target tomorrow morning. In case anyone picks this game up and doesn't like it, the trade in value is $14 at Best Buy...you can't lose.
Currently Playing :wiiu: SM3DW & Mario Kart 8) 4 player couch madnezz!!!

:wii: Scarface The World Is Yours

#32 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:12 AM

Everything is awesome!
Everything is cool when you're getting a deal!
Everything is awesome!
When you're saving some dough!

Thats my favorite song! Lol

#33 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

What kind? I feel I need the opportunity to tell you you're getting the wrong one.

ocean spray cranberry juice. Good for antioxidants and to avoid UTIs. Apparently men can get them too. I mix it with seltzer to reduce the amount of sugar and so it gets that fizzy soda effect and taste.

#34 dabsac80

dabsac80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

Just picked up 2 copies of the 3ds version. My kids are going to be pumped! Thanks OP

#35 latin trident

latin trident

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:05 PM

Picked up 3 for $33.29. Thanks op

#36 z24buddy

z24buddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

I added the $29.99 price and $20 off with a preorder info to the title. Everyone happy now?

I don't want the 3DS version, but I'm considering getting the PS4 version since my son liked the movie so much. Meh - never mind. I thought it would be $49.99 MSRP, but it is $59.99. $41 is still way too much...

I picked up the PS4 version at launch and I thought it was a great game after getting 100% completion and most of the trophies. I would think you will see 30 or less for that version soon, as Lego Hobbit is right around the corner.

One thing to be aware of is that it seemed to have more glitches than a lot a Lego games I have played and this may have been due to having to rush to meet the movie release timeline. One of my favorite glitches was when I got Vitruvius to fall off the front of the Pirate ship (Where the shark tries to eat you) and I was able to walk around in the water to the far edges of the map and sometimes even on top of the water like another well known person in robes. There was even some invisible stairs where I was walking out of the water up into the air (reminded me of Castlevania from back in the day). I should have recorded that and posted online but that's hindsight for you.

P.S While that was one of my favorite glitches, BadDealSnifiingDog is one of my favorite... well you know.

#37 lilbuddy

lilbuddy

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

Not many copies at the stores around me. 1-2 max at each but good luck finding them.

#38 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

do all the lego movie games come with movie cash?

do you like conga's? do you like lines? do you like free iphones/cash?! join the iphone canga line!

http://www.cheapassg.../#entry11235053

#39 sheppard2jt

sheppard2jt

I heart CAG

• CAG Veteran

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

Great deal. I got 1 copy and the cashier mentioned how good of a deal it was. I went to the car and decided to return to grab a second copy for a gift. He was  bummed because that was the last copy and he wanted it....sorry target cashier dude.

#40 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

Got 2 for $20+ at my local Target. It was the last two as well. Great deal!

#41 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

do all the lego movie games come with movie cash?

No.  It was only initial release copies I think.  I bought my ps3 version at Best Buy a week after release, and it was already a restock without movie cash.

If you do find an early copy, though, I think the Target console versions came with free Wild West costume DLC.

#42 MisterFleX

MisterFleX

Stranger Danger!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

Thanks OP! Picked one up as a birthday gift for my nephew. Would have gotten one for myself, but I already have MGS and Infamous: Second Son coming in this week.

MisterFleX.png

#43 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

Went in search of this on my lunch break, no dice.

#44 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:27 AM

Thanks OP. Grabbed two. If anyone needs one for cost plus shipping, let me know. 

#45 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:19 AM

I picked up the last 2 copies at the 2nd Target that I went...almost all the other Targets were out of stock (at least for the 3ds)...kinda OT but was the Yoshi 3DS XL a rare one? I couldn't find a single one today

#46 Starcrest

Starcrest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:28 AM

Thanks for the heads up that it worked on the 3ds version.  I got the last copy at the target I went to.  The clerk had no idea what I was trying to do, but it was clearly marked on the shelf and it rang up with no trouble. 

#47 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:32 AM

Same limited supply at my store -- only two copies.  Picked up one.

#48 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:01 AM

Picked 1 copy  :)

"Evil is Funs"

#49 jle7385

jle7385

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:49 AM

Two copies at my store as well, picked up one. Never tried a Lego game before, maybe I'll give it a whirl. Bought Marvel Super Heroes for my kids on Wii U but never got a chance to try it. Anybody know if this version is similar to the console version? Worth playing both?

603171.png

none4johnny.png

#50 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:17 AM

Went to a different target tonight and picked up one of the remaining three copies, sweet deal

#51 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:25 AM

Two copies at my store as well, picked up one. Never tried a Lego game before, maybe I'll give it a whirl. Bought Marvel Super Heroes for my kids on Wii U but never got a chance to try it. Anybody know if this version is similar to the console version? Worth playing both?

Console versions are open world, 3DS versions are hub-based worlds.  And play Lego Marvel on the Wii U if you're a Marvel fan, fun as hell.

#52 jle7385

jle7385

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

Console versions are open world, 3DS versions are hub-based worlds. And play Lego Marvel on the Wii U if you're a Marvel fan, fun as hell.

Sweet. Thanks.

603171.png

none4johnny.png

#53 Tenacious D

Tenacious D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:06 PM

Thanks OP! Picked up the last copy at my local Target on my lunch break yesterday. Rang up correctly, no problem.

#54 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

Nah...fool me once and all that. Despite the admittedly awesome price, LEGO games are just never any good on portables.

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Transistor

:wiiu: SOON...

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#55 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

Got one for my son thanks OP.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#56 genesis49

genesis49

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

Just grabbed one of these, but have a slight update to make the deal a little nicer.
They put out super smash brothers pre-order cards this week. They have a $5 gift card advertised on the card that states if you pre-order AND buy the game you will get the $5 gift card. Don't see a time limitation on when you would have to buy it. Figured most will be buying this one when it releases anyway, so might as well get a gift card to go along with it

#57 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:15 PM

Just grabbed one of these, but have a slight update to make the deal a little nicer.
They put out super smash brothers pre-order cards this week. They have a $5 gift card advertised on the card that states if you pre-order AND buy the game you will get the $5 gift card. Don't see a time limitation on when you would have to buy it. Figured most will be buying this one when it releases anyway, so might as well get a gift card to go along with it

You have to pick up the pre-ordered game within 7 days of release...

#58 guessed

guessed

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:15 PM

All of the preorder cards have the $5 gift card if you buy the game. I think you need to buy it in the first week, but I'm not sure about that part.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#59 DHephaestus

DHephaestus

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

Who would pre-order for a $5 gift card when Toys R Us will more than likely have a $10 gift card with it or BB with GCU discount...

#60 genesis49

genesis49

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:34 PM

Who would pre-order for a $5 gift card when Toys R Us will more than likely have a $10 gift card with it or BB with GCU discount...

Well, it does give you $20 off now on a fee different games, and if you plan on getting the game at target anyway $5 gift card is better than no gift card.

Thanks for the clarification on the 1 week pickup. This card was the only one at the store I saw with the gift card offer. Good to know for the future.