Photo
- - - - -

EBT card accepted at Lingerie store

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 renique46

renique46

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:19 AM

Welfare is theft? Did some one tell the dictionary people?

Is it any spending you don't like?

That was one of the most stupidest things i think i read today.

#32 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:23 AM

I feel like you bring nothing to the table. At least argue your point. Don't just make pointless comments and then pretend that you do not care. 

#33 renique46

renique46

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:32 AM

The irony of someone who makes pointless comments trying to tell someone else to bring something to the table and not make pointless comments.

#34 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:48 AM

The irony of someone who makes pointless comments trying to tell someone else to bring something to the table and not make pointless comments.

You do realize that I actually go and defend my points when needed. I have yet to see you do it a single time. You are like a turd that won't flush. 

#35 renique46

renique46

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:56 AM

Sure you do, nice quip about the turd flushing since that actually describes RPGninja but  on the ignore list you go.

#36 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:01 AM

Sure you do, nice quip about the turd flushing since that actually describes RPGninja but  on the ignore list you go.

And I use that little tidbit now to describe you and how perfectly it fits. Oh so many liberals cannot stand their hypocrisy that they use the ignore option. Pity. 

#37 renique46

renique46

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:04 AM

lol @ the notion that anyone who doesn't hold the same viewpoint as i do must mean they're a liberal, ill never understand this broken ass logic. Good lord you're a dumbass.

#38 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

Oh I am sorry! You must be the crazy right winger. Now now go on put me on the list. It is obvious you can only personally attack. 

#39 Rip44

Rip44

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:46 AM

It was bad.

Welfare is theft? Did some one tell the dictionary people?

Is it any spending you don't like?

Its practically theft when you look into the majority of cases. Such as lazy fucks popping out kids just to have a "free" living and to collect food stamps with free cash. Then an even further, and fair assessment, is on a great percentage of them, spend only a handful of FS (mostly on themselves, not the kids) and get the rest in cash (which often happens) to spend on whatever they want. SNAP is giving to the undeserving scum of the Earth and held off for those in need of actual assistance.

I grew up in Philly and all of this was pretty common. People on drugs, having kids, and collecting free money while living in free housing. The majority won't even try. (All the more reason to support drug testing on applicants.)

I have a friend who's sister was doing good for herself, going to college to become a nurse, and had no money to really do anything, including buying food for herself and she got denied cause she was attending school.

I'm not saying all people are scum, but its a high percentage.

This country -_-

/Rant.

#40 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

http://www.wsws.org/...7/detr-m17.html

There is a newer deal in the works that may be better for these people. The fact still stands that pensions are being paid out at less than promised levels while welfare is constant. Anybody proposing welfare cuts is demonized. As far as differing pools of money, it is all tax payer money. Taking what a person has earned and giving it to someone who has not earned it=welfare=theft. Some who seek gov't assistance are very much indeed lazy, neither side should paint with an all encompassing brush. I am always going to side with people who have paid into the system and contributed to society over those who haven't. I do want conditions to be less than desirable for anybody who is able bodied and on welfare for more than six months. Leisure time is for workers. Those who receive checks from the tax payers should not be watching garbage TV or playing videogames all day. We should require them to read a few how to books and clean up the neighborhood, hell! anything rather than lying back and collecting a check. I am totally with you against corporate welfare. How the hell can we justify subsidizing oil companies???

Tsk tsk tsk, that article is all about Detroit as a city falling apart and nothing about Detroit having to pay out government assistance instead of pension benefits. Of course they can't pay their pension, the city is completely broke. Not because they were paying out welfare but because every major industry left and most of the property tax generators. You're playing fast and loose with the facts here and it's completely disingenuous. Cities aren't funded from the same money that funds welfare, plain and simple. You might sit there and say it's all tax payer money but they're entirely different tax revenue streams.

The point still remains that cities don't pay welfare benefits and thus there's no way they could cut pensions in favor of paying welfare. Cities and states are both government but they're completely separate entities, it's akin to saying Walmart would have to layoff employees if Target's sales were down.

#41 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:55 AM

If the Federal Government was not taking as large of a chunk of tax dollars as they are, would it be possible for state/local governments to then take more?

$1 taken as Federal Tax Dollars is $1 that the State/Local level cannot take.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."