GameFly March 2014 Used Game Sale

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#151 babramson101

babramson101

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

What would everyone suggest if I never received one of the games I ordered?

Thanks

#152 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

What would everyone suggest if I never received one of the games I ordered?

Thanks

They should refund you, just call them up or send them an e-mail.

#153 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

Got my copies of BioShock Infinite and GoW Ascension (both PS3) today like I was hoping they'd arrive.
Everything is in good condition. Pretty pleased that my copy of GoW ascension doesn't come with "LAST OF US DEMO INCLUDED" on the cover art. Still came with the code for it along with Zeus and Isaac DLC (which if anyone wants that DLC for PSASBR let me know).
But yeah, definitely buy 2 games during these sales, even if you choose free shipping, they come in priority shipping boxes.

Looking forward to the next sale, I've bought quite a few games from them and really don't have any complaints (only nitpick was my copy of DmCs button where you pop in the disc was slightly chipped but the disc still fits in fine). Hoping Dragons Crown drops to 15 or so for the next. :)

The demo is on the GoW disc.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#154 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

Some games restocked. Just picked up Last Light for 360.

#155 blacktrinary

blacktrinary

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:40 AM

Just few more hours 'til the deals over....and I caved. Ordered Metro LL. Hopefully get the limited edition. :pray:

#156 Ravenduo

Ravenduo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:07 AM

Dragon's Crown came back in stock.  Picked it up.

#157 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:27 AM

Some games restocked. Just picked up Last Light for 360.

Thanks for the heads up.

Grabbed GOW:A for $4.49 after coupon

#158 BFBB Delicious

BFBB Delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:34 AM

My copies of The Bureau and Spec Ops came in today. Discs look alright, but The Bureau didn't have a slipcover, was really hoping it would have had it.
Posted Image

#159 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

My Grid 2 came today...has about 3-4 tiny chips along the edges.  Anyone who chose to keep the "chipped disk" ever have a problem with the disc not playing or giving their system problems?  Or does everyone just send the chippies back to gamefly. Thanks!

#160 Naterrs

Naterrs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

My Grid 2 came today...has about 3-4 tiny chips along the edges.  Anyone who chose to keep the "chipped disk" ever have a problem with the disc not playing or giving their system problems?  Or does everyone just send the chippies back to gamefly. Thanks!

I don't see how chips would affect the console. I've bought a lot of Gamefly games that have chips and I've never sent any back. I usually end up replacing the ones with too many scratches at some point though.

#161 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Everything I've bought from them has been chipped. I've only had to send one disk back; the chip just went a bit too far into the disk and it wouldn't install. I've never had any real problems with my chipped discs. Disks play, cases and all inserts included and brand new. Gamefly is awesome.

laboy229.png

#162 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

I will usually buy the game and then trade it in when I'm done, only to rebuy it later disc only either at gamestop or some other pre-owned avenue if I really liked the game.  I wont have to deal with missing case/artwork because Gamefly sends the cases in immaculate condition.  I have never had an issue with the chipped disc affecting the readability or functionality of the disc.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#163 FoxHoundADAM

FoxHoundADAM

Super Zissou Bros.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

Just picked up Ryse for $32. 

#164 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

Stresses the disc reader why i avoid gf now..

Backlog_Overload For Presadento cowabunga

#165 bkjohns1

bkjohns1

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

Whoa. Disgaea D2 arrived in two days, 2 disc soundtrack and art card included.

You got my hopes up.  Unfortunately my copy didn't include any bonuses.

bkjohns1.pngsig.gif
My goal for 2012 was to fund my gaming habit through reward sites which still continues on into 2014. You can read about my "journey" here.

#166 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

Are you on Ps3?   

#167 hellhunde

hellhunde

Snuffleupagus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

missed out on MGR:R and D2 earlier and I almost thought i wasn't going to buy anything but then i noticed that the Best of PlayStation Network Vol. 1 (When Vikings Attack!, Sound Shapes, Tokyo Jungle, Fat Princess) was in the bargain bin as well. no free shipping, but i'll take it

Somehow, I'd never realized Tokyo Jungle was in the Best of... collection.  Thanks for the info.

#168 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

No one has any concrete proof whatsoever that these disks can damage your console in any way...

laboy229.png

#169 wwe101

wwe101

waiting for hitman 5

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:16 AM

My tomb raider has a giant chip in it and won't load :/

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain

http://t2.gstatic.co...8ymsP7Xj6V0L8o=

#170 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

Has anyone played Lost Planet 3 on PS3?  The framerate on mine is super choppy and drops to 0 every few seconds (like Skyrim pre-patch), and I can't get past the first QTE because no matter how fast I press X, the bar won't fill up fast enough.  I don't know if it's because the game is a buggy POS or something is wrong with the chipped disc.

Check my sell list! (online passes, DLC, Club Nintendo coins) http://www.cheapassg.../#entry11867110

***NEW*** Evil Dead (2013) DVD - UltraViolet code - $1

#171 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

Has anyone played Lost Planet 3 on PS3?  The framerate on mine is super choppy and drops to 0 every few seconds (like Skyrim pre-patch), and I can't get past the first QTE because no matter how fast I press X, the bar won't fill up fast enough.  I don't know if it's because the game is a buggy POS or something is wrong with the chipped disc.

It takes more power to read chipped discs mine plays fine. I never got a ps3 chipped only 360... Contact cs and gl

Backlog_Overload For Presadento cowabunga

#172 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

Got my copies of GOW:A and Puppeteer last night. No chips or scratches, but oddly both discs were loose in their cases (and the cases didn't have broken tabs). Very odd.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#173 raiden_86

raiden_86

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

Just curious, and it likely has been answered before, but what is the cause of these chips?

#174 Troutyogurt

Troutyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

When people rent a game, gamefly sends it over in a paper envelope. Then the disks get chipped during shipping because they have no protection.

Troutyogurt.png487267.png

#175 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

Got my copy of SC:BL for Xbox360 in today. 

Looks brand new and to never have been out of the case.  No chips/scratches/fingerprints.