Wii Fit U w/ Balance Board & Meter 40% off (Amazon)

Still kicking myself for buying a meter and used board since I wasn't expecting this to have been as cheap as it's been multiple times.  Spent nearly this much on the board and meter and may not even have the game if I ever lost my WiiU data for some reason.

I was looking at this yesterday for $65. Glad I waited. I've already got a balance board but for $4 I'll take a backup. Normally I think backup hardware is hoarding - such as "im a get my 3rd backup PS2" because you can get that hardware used. It's not rare and easily obtained. Now if the backup hardware is $4? Okay maybe I agree it could be a good deal if you use it a ton. That said, I wouldn't buy more of them.

Delivery Estimate Friday, April 11, 2014

Serious?

That's weird. I used my prime two day so I'm getting it Thursday but when I ordered it standard shipping said this Friday. Not sure why you got such a big delay, maybe they ran out of them or something?

Awesome, thanks OP. I've got a balance board I'm not sure works, and I bought a meter but this seems like a much more reliable way for me to go. The wife thanks you too!

Still kicking myself for buying a meter and used board since I wasn't expecting this to have been as cheap as it's been multiple times. Spent nearly this much on the board and meter and may not even have the game if I ever lost my WiiU data for some reason.
How did you spend almost the same amount? Every gamestop I go to has tons of the balance boards for under $15 and the meters have been on AWD for under $15 regularly.

Still kicking myself for buying a meter and used board since I wasn't expecting this to have been as cheap as it's been multiple times. Spent nearly this much on the board and meter and may not even have the game if I ever lost my WiiU data for some reason.
Why? I assume you did what I did and got a meter for $20 (because no store in my area would PM Fry's no matter what their website says :whistle2:x ) and another $15 for a used board. That's still a good $20 you saved and you got to have the game several months early. $35 for WiiU Fit + a balance board is a good deal in my book.

For anybody interested, the game is ok and is about what you'd expect (although the Balance Board is pretty finicky; don't expect to get perfect scores on any of those advanced dances :whistle2:? ). However that meter is absolute shit. If the meter factors into your decision in buying this bundle know that you are easily getting the worst PoS pedometer out on the market today.... and that's really saying something.

Last edited:
Mine is showing up in the usual 2 days.

Does this mean that the game isn't selling well at all? I wonder if Amazon is dumping inventory for cost?
http://nintendoeverything.com/january-2014-npd-wii-fit-u-sells-under-20000-units/

Yeah, it's done abysmally. Apparently it may have helped move some units in Japan (though who really knows) and helped sale some bundles or something but overall the game's been a spectacular failure stateside. Though they did give "free" copies for purchasing that damn pedometer, but then again I doubt that would justify the <20K units so who knows?

Last edited:
Why? I assume you did what I did and got a meter for $20 (because no store in my area would PM Fry's no matter what their website says :whistle2:x ) and another $15 for a used board. That's still a good $20 you saved and you got to have the game several months early. $35 for WiiU Fit + a balance board is a good deal in my book.
You do know that Eldritch doesn't play the games he buys, right? He makes people out of them. :roll:

http://nintendoeverything.com/january-2014-npd-wii-fit-u-sells-under-20000-units/

Yeah, it's done abysmally. Apparently it may have helped move some units in Japan (though who really knows) and helped sale some bundles or something but overall the game's been a spectacular failure stateside. Though they did give "free" copies for purchasing that damn pedometer, but then again I doubt that would justify the <20K units so who knows?
Wow I hadn't seen that. That's amazingly low numbers. Hah they'll sell the same number just from this sale price then amazon won't order any more bundles.

Well look at that my comment in that article hoping for a sale came true lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Well look at that my comment in that article hoping for a sale came true lol
With numbers like that, I'd bet we see the bundle go even lower. I'd put money on it hitting $30 at least once.

Last edited:
Got mine today, it's pretty awesome. Really like the fit meter too so far. Definitely will help me keep on track, been on a weight losing plan for two months now so I can see this being a nice addition to what I'm doing already.

Deal is still active, it shows up on the other "New" tab.

I guess you can still buy in, but it says "It usually ships with 2-4weeks".

So I guess the original Wii Fit board does not work on the WiiU.
It does, they are selling this for people who didn't get the original Wii Fit. There's nothing stopping you from buying a used Balance Board (if you can find one in stock) to play with the game. They do sell the game by itself. Hell, you can even transfer your save data from the older games to this one if you want.

The problem is the game is INSANELY overpriced. This is basically Wii Fit + with a very modest online leaderboard added and a few new activities and dances added. Considering that Wii Fit Plus was just a very modest upgrade of Wii Fit, this is essentially the 3rd time they've released the same game, and asking $60 for it is completely asinine (even if it does come with that broken PoS pedometer).

If you missed the boat where you could buy that $20 pedometer and get a digital copy of the game for free, then I'd skip this game altogether unless you are a massive Wii Fit nut. It's really not that much of an improvement. $55 for a Balance Board + game isn't necessarily a terrible deal, but considering you can get Wii FIt + a Balance Board used for under $20 at Gamestop it's hardly worth it IMO.

Last edited:
It does, they are selling this for people who didn't get the original Wii Fit. There's nothing stopping you from buying a used Balance Board (if you can find one in stock) to play with the game. They do sell the game by itself. Hell, you can even transfer your save data from the older games to this one if you want.

The problem is the game is INSANELY overpriced. This is basically Wii Fit + with a very modest online leaderboard added and a few new activities and dances added. Considering that Wii Fit Plus was just a very modest upgrade of Wii Fit, this is essentially the 3rd time they've released the same game, and asking $60 for it is completely asinine (even if it does come with that broken PoS pedometer).

If you missed the boat where you could buy that $20 pedometer and get a digital copy of the game for free, then I'd skip this game altogether unless you are a massive Wii Fit nut. It's really not that much of an improvement. $55 for a Balance Board + game isn't necessarily a terrible deal, but considering you can get Wii FIt + a Balance Board used for under $20 at Gamestop it's hardly worth it IMO.
Thank you for the clarification. I dont need to buy another board. I dont have a Wii U yet.

bread's done
Back