Photo
* * - - - 88 votes

Amazon PC Deals: End of Summer Sale (8/28-9/1) Titanfall $20 and more!

Amazon PC Digital

• Please log in to reply
9126 replies to this topic

#1 AmazonJosh

AmazonJosh

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:21 AM

Digital Games End of Summer Sale runs from 8/28 through 9/1/14.

A few highlights:

Hey CAGs,

Welcome to the new and improved Amazon PC deals thread, run by yours truly. I'm still trying to get an aggregated feed of physical and digital deals. As I mentioned in Tony's thread, this is a physical + digital PC thread. You can find a physical + digital console thread here: http://www.cheapassg...ng-deals-today/

I'm hoping (and fully expecting) you guys to be candid about everything from the quality of the deals to the format I'm using to deliver them to you. If there's anything you'd like to see run differently, feel free to shoot me a PM.

In addition to posting deals here in the OP and as a reply to the thread, you can find our current digital deals here.

Enjoy the deals!

http://wheresjoshnow.blogspot.com/

Edited by CheapyD, 28 August 2014 - 06:46 AM.
added end of summer sale

#2 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:25 AM

Well I'll be damned if I'm not tempted by Planet Horse... That's cheap.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3 Dante84

Dante84

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

So fresh.. Yum.
These were made by me:  :xb1:  :ps4:   :vita:
Thank you CheapyD for implementing them.

#4 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:32 AM

I just uninstalled NBA 2k14. I've got 2k13 and I'm sorry I bought the "update". 

Buy it if:

- you're a big fan of European teams because they're in there.

- you have more money than sense.

- you must have all 2k games.

- you don't mind buying a game that was stripped of the next gen (PS4/Xone) features like game modes and graphics.

Buy 2k13 if:

- you want a better game of basketball.

76561197971332172.png

#5 AmazonJosh

AmazonJosh

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:32 AM

Well I'll be damned if I'm not tempted by Planet Horse... That's cheap.

I mean, if you ever wanted to train your horse, take care of it, and together, become an unbeatable team... it's definitely the game for you. Plus, there's a free trial, so you don't have to worry about feeling like you wasted two bucks!

Did Tony usually post all of Amazon's deals, or only the ones he thought you guys would be interested in? Better question, which is more of just a confirmation for me. I'm planning on posting everything we've got every week and letting you guys weed through. That's what you want, right?

#6 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:35 AM

I mean, if you ever wanted to train your horse, take care of it, and together, become an unbeatable team... it's definitely the game for you. Plus, there's a free trial, so you don't have to worry about feeling like you wasted two bucks!

Did Tony usually post all of Amazon's deals, or only the ones he thought you guys would be interested in? Better question, which is more of just a confirmation for me. I'm planning on posting everything we've got every week and letting you guys weed through. That's what you want, right?

I'm thinking about grabbing Planet Horse for my daughter. I'll win big points for that, for sure. 

As far as deal posting goes: I'd rather have them all posted instead of guessing whether or not I'm missing something. Plus there are plenty of people around here with "varied" interests. 

76561197971332172.png

#7 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

I just uninstalled NBA 2k14. I've got 2k13 and I'm sorry I bought the "update". 

Buy it if:

- you're a big fan of European teams because they're in there.

- you have more money than sense.

- you must have all 2k games.

- you don't mind buying a game that was stripped of the next gen (PS4/Xone) features like game modes and graphics.

Buy 2k13 if:

- you want a better game of basketball.

Thanks, makes me feel better for passing on it,

Yep, that's exactly what we want!  Also, I already own Secret of the Magic Crystal for my horse grooming needs.  

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#8 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:37 AM

OMG. PLANET HORSE. I NEED IT.

#9 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:40 AM

You'll quickly learn that CAG has an unhealthy fascination with weird, often terrible games. Motoki, for example, enjoys games like Mission Runway, and The Graveyard (an old lady death simulator). Fox has a simulator fetish, no matter what that simulates. Bungee jumping? He's on it. Street cleaning? Check. Historical farming? You betcha. He'll play anything involving zombies as well, no matter how horribly bad the game is.

I'll buy and play just about every cheap survival horror game, and games like Mean Girls and High School Dreams somehow find their ways through my wallet and into my game library as well. Any semi-decent RPG for a low price is too hard to resist as well.

I give you this potentially dangerous information because I trust you, Josh. We do indeed want you to post everything. I wish you luck in pandering to our varied and strange assortment of guilty pleasures. 

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#10 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:44 AM

All your base are belong to us.

Indie Gala Codemasters / January bundles $2.50 each. Indie Gala Capsule Computers $3.65 each. 70+ Steam keys for sale. Check out my trade thread. Direct Link:
Need to buy something from Green Man Gaming? Use this referral link and create an account and make a purchase then both of our accounts will be credited $2

#11 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

I bought Planet Horse. Whew. I feel better. I've needed to buy something from Amazon, and now I've got my fix.

#12 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:07 AM

You'll quickly learn that CAG has an unhealthy fascination with weird, often terrible games. 

Pretty much sums it up.  Unless there is a crazy amount of deals cluttering up the feed, I think everyone will be happy to weed through, and maybe you'll find a few surprise fetish hits.

#13 CharREX

CharREX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

Yay been waiting for a sale sometime soon now.

#14 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

Sweet price for Shadow Warrior and I want the Ticket to Ride upgrade pack but why 65% off while the complete pack is 75% off? 

Tezikwi.png My sword sings more beautifully than any choir. Tezikwi.png

#15 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

You'll quickly learn that CAG has an unhealthy fascination with weird, often terrible games. 

I think you hit the nail on the head!

#16 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

I only want games tagged with #2deep4mooby

#17 Wool

Wool

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:49 AM

I think you've started off with the right idea. The games normal people would care about appearing first, with the weird garbage that a crazy person might want to try anyway following up the rear. CAG loves terrible games because they also tend to be the cheapest games, and "eating bad ramen can be fun too".

As a fake CAG that actually plays what I buy, I don't have time for stuff like that, but it's always amusing to see everyone talking about them.

#18 ruuin

ruuin

Vayaansias

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:59 AM

That's the way it should be. All deals, always. 

PC Deals blog : http://vayaansias.com/ (in spanish)

#19 Thermopyle

Thermopyle

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

Hey CAGs,
Deals are live 3/18-3/24

Thief [Steam] - $37.49

As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm going to be at GDC for the rest of the week, so I'll try to answer questions as they come up, but aside from that I'll likely be pretty quiet until Monday. Enjoy the deals!

Hey Josh,

Any chance Amazon could match GMG in accepting Playfire rewards as payment? I mean, I'd love to buy this from Amazon but it's hard to justify when you don't take credit I earned for free from an international site. Do you see what I'm saying here?

Thermopyle2.png

#20 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

Hey Josh,

Any chance Amazon could match GMG in accepting Playfire rewards as payment? I mean, I'd love to buy this from Amazon but it's hard to justify when you don't take credit I earned for free from an international site. Do you see what I'm saying here?

I realize this is the HILARIOUS yellow comic sans font, but Tony got promoted specifically to manage a loyalty program for Amazon, so a similar scheme is not outside the realm of possibility.

Hey CAGs,

Welcome to the new and improved Amazon PC deals thread, run by yours truly. I'm still trying to get an aggregated feed of physical and digital deals. As I mentioned in Tony's thread, there will be a physical + digital PC thread and a physical + digital console thread. Once I get the other thread up and running, I'll drop the link here.

I'm hoping (and fully expecting) you guys to be candid about everything from the quality of the deals to the format I'm using to deliver them to you.  If there's anything you'd like to see run differently, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Nice to meet you Josh. I can sympathize a bit with you on being the new guy, as I just recently started participating in threads about PC deals on CAG. So I hate to do this, but you did say to be candid with you, so I'll put this bluntly... This week's bundle sucks.

It just sucks. The other deals range from okay to good (based on my limited experience with previous sales on the titles), but this bundle.. it's terrible. I'm not expecting Humble level bundles/prices out of you guys but $11.50 for three of the most commonly bundled non-indie games ever? It's garbage. These games are commonly put on sale below $4 each, there's just no savings to be found here.

Not to mention DoubleFine has more to their catalogue than just these three. Surprised Brutal Legend isn't in there either. Where's Iron Brigade or The Cave? Both games have yet to see a bundle, iirc, would have been brilliant to see them added (Sega's been doing sales this past week, I'm sure it was possible).

See the key to a good bundle is one of two things. Either a super low price or a super big amount of games (see your Sonic bundle). If you're not going to not keep the price low, it's either go big and throw as much as you can in there or go home. That said, it's the first bundle under your tenure, and it happens. It just doesn't help that just about everyone is sick of sales on/bundles of Double Fine games at this point. We get it Schafer, you blew your multimillion $ budget on the first half of Broken Age and you're desperate for money to finish it, get a job you bum! :-P

Best of luck to you in the future Josh, and I hope you take this criticism to heart.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#21 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

New thread looks pretty good with that first post format.  Now we just need Square Enix to bundle Final Fantasy VII and VIII together for $6 total.  That would be an awesome deal.

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#22 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

Bought FF VIII.

This will have marked the third time I have bought this game now. I also have not played it yet. Yes I have problems.

To be fair I got it cheap on PSN, then I found a disc copy for cheap, then Steam version with updated stuff.

Also welcome Josh! I wish you the best and thank you and Amazon for your continued support to bring us great deals. I really appreciate it.

Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#23 groz24

groz24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

Not really anything for me in that list.  I'm waiting for the 2 Final Fantasy games to hit 75% off, and then Square Enix to decide they like money and port the rest of them over.

#24 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

I just need FF8 for $3, but I don't expect Amazon to have it for that price for a while.. FF7 still hasn't hit 75% off on Amazon. Ubisoft store and GetGamesGo had it for $3 ages ago.

I'll settle for 75% off on Final Exam. Make it happen, Josh!

#25 The Singularious

The Singularious

CAGny & Lacy! Oooh.

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

Ah...the wide open space. It's like west Texas in here. Dry, dusty, almost free, low on people, high on hope (or something), mountains that look like they're in reach but are a five hour drive away, and with fewer tumbleweeds now than ever.

Subscribed.

"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

#26 pasports31

pasports31

New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

Ah...the wide open space. It's like west Texas in here. Dry, dusty, almost free, low on people, high on hope (or something), mountains that look like they're in reach but are a five hour drive away, and with fewer tumbleweeds now than ever.

Subscribed.

image.jpg

jinxer

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#27 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

Hey CAGs,

Welcome to the new and improved Amazon PC deals thread, run by yours truly. I'm still trying to get an aggregated feed of physical and digital deals. As I mentioned in Tony's thread, there will be a physical + digital PC thread and a physical + digital console thread. Once I get the other thread up and running, I'll drop the link here.

I'm hoping (and fully expecting) you guys to be candid about everything from the quality of the deals to the format I'm using to deliver them to you.  If there's anything you'd like to see run differently, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Deals are live 3/18-3/24

Tomb Raider - $7.00

Psychonauts - $4.99
Stacking - $6.99
Teslagrad - $7.99
Metal Dead - $2.49

For candid feedback on deals, the above items in this list have been cheaper either on Amazon (Square Enix stuff) or in bundles (Double Fine, Paradox Interactive), so don't expect too much CAG excitement over these kinds of sales. 

Welcome to the site, Josh, and I wish Tony the best in his new position. 

698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#28 MinDRioT

MinDRioT

I haff nein lifes

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

I bought Planet Horse. Whew. I feel better. I've needed to buy something from Amazon, and now I've got my fix.

You really need to try and get off the horse Utopian, have you considered rehab? =/

#29 libmo1

libmo1

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

Since you're asking for feedback, listing drm somewhere next to the game on your list or separating them into steam, origin and drm free, would be super helpful.

If not it's not the end of the world. A few regulars like making lists for this and adding them to their sigs.

#30 Cyset

Cyset

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

Hey CAGs,

Deals are live 3/18-3/24

Thief [Steam] - $37.49
Tomb Raider - $7.00
Just Cause 2 - $5.25
NBA 2K14 - $9.99
SimCity - $20.00
SimCity - $20.00
Planet Horse - $2.20

Indie Games - 3/18-3/24

Psychonauts - $4.99
Stacking - $6.99
Jazzpunk - $13.49
Teslagrad - $7.99
Metal Dead - $2.49

As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm going to be at GDC for the rest of the week, so I'll try to answer questions as they come up, but aside from that I'll likely be pretty quiet until Monday. Enjoy the deals!

I will still wait for a VII/VIII Bundle.

Ya got me with Ticket to Ride complete.

I love Dating Sims. 

Hey Josh,

I understand this is comic sans, but when I have Gabemoney, playfire rewards credit, and a fairly tight gaming budget it does make games a little harder to buy on Amazon, but  "Ticket to Ride complete" is a good example of how to get my money.

Another would be get Shadowrun Returns in the Amazon Library, and discount it more than 33% off.

Feel free to friend me

Steam/Origin/PSN: Kanmekaz 

Beat 2014 List: Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Defender's Quest, Dark Souls II