Photo
* * - - - 88 votes

Amazon PC Deals: End of Summer Sale (8/28-9/1) Titanfall $20 and more!

Amazon PC Digital

• Please log in to reply
9095 replies to this topic

#1291 The Singularious

The Singularious

CAGny & Lacy! Oooh.

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

Yeah, they are slowly expanding, but we have them all over here in Seattle. A regular/small car is less than $10 an hour and larger SUV type cars are $12 an hour and they have daily rates.  We have a car right now, but we had to use it this weekend to get an SUV to pick a giant mirror my wife bought at TJ Maxx.  

Birthday present for you, Foxy?

"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

#1292 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

I've never been to NY... The Chicago L is packed at rush hour, but the rest of the time / weekends it's not too bad.  Also people get very afraid when I let any of my temper show.

Ever been to Boston?

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#1293 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

Ever been to Boston?

Have you?

"...someday, when I've proven my worth to the galaxy, I'll go there for dinner."

#1294 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

Have you?

Yes.

It's not far away from me.

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#1295 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:01 PM

Yes.
It's not far away from me.

It doesn't mean you've been there just because it's not far away. I've been close to no-strings-attached honest happiness, but alas, it is a land I have not visited.

And Amsterdam, I was close, but didn't make the journey.
"...someday, when I've proven my worth to the galaxy, I'll go there for dinner."

#1296 pasports31

pasports31

New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:05 AM

If you don't have to drive to work every day then not having a car is pretty doable.  We're thinking of switching to that. Bus rides to and from work for the wife and then zip car on the weekends for errands.  I can't imagine doing a costco run on the bus.  Grocery store, possibly, but zip car is so cheap a rental every other weekend isn't bad at all. 

read this as "zip line" at first. would've been a lot cooler.

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#1297 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:29 AM

Toyota, and to a lesser extent Honda, just sit back and suck in the money from decades of Consumer Reports "best buy" pushing off their schlock for them.

Older Toyotas are reliable as hell though. My dad drives a T100 and the thing probably has 200k+ miles on it and still runs great. He has friends with Tacomas and T100s with over 400-500k miles... still running great. Those engines don't quit.

But really, what's the newest Toyota you've driven? When I was over in Cali for a trip, I was riding with a friend of mine in a newer Camry (I feel like it was a 2010). Tiny car, but very spacious interior, great MPG, very nice overall, and let me tell you, that thing has some get up and go. My friend is a psycho and a total showoff, so he was driving like a maniac the first time we were in it. It had a little "Sport Mode" switch that destroyed your MPG but turned the car into a beast for the "economic" car I thought it was. We hit around 120 on the freeway, easily, and were nearly drifting through offramps. 

Suffice to say I won't be driving with that friend again, but I drove it myself a few days later doing some errands with his parents and it was just a nice car to drive. Responsive, comfortable, just all around nice. On the flipside, the Hyundais I've been in have not impressed me at all. They just feel cheap, though perhaps the newest ones are better in that regard.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1298 Sepioth

Sepioth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:19 AM

Have you?

I have .... at least 3-4 times a month. :bouncy: :bouncy:

#1299 The Singularious

The Singularious

CAGny & Lacy! Oooh.

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:56 AM

Older Toyotas are reliable as hell though. My dad drives a T100 and the thing probably has 200k+ miles on it and still runs great. He has friends with Tacomas and T100s with over 400-500k miles... still running great. Those engines don't quit.

But really, what's the newest Toyota you've driven? When I was over in Cali for a trip, I was riding with a friend of mine in a newer Camry (I feel like it was a 2010). Tiny car, but very spacious interior, great MPG, very nice overall, and let me tell you, that thing has some get up and go. My friend is a psycho and a total showoff, so he was driving like a maniac the first time we were in it. It had a little "Sport Mode" switch that destroyed your MPG but turned the car into a beast for the "economic" car I thought it was. We hit around 120 on the freeway, easily, and were nearly drifting through offramps. 

Suffice to say I won't be driving with that friend again, but I drove it myself a few days later doing some errands with his parents and it was just a nice car to drive. Responsive, comfortable, just all around nice. On the flipside, the Hyundais I've been in have not impressed me at all. They just feel cheap, though perhaps the newest ones are better in that regard.

Great question. I suspect probably a '10 or '11.

But keep in mind that I work in automotive. I've driven probably, literally, 5,000 cars in my life. Maybe more. Not sure. And not just on and off a lot.

I'll give you everything in your above paragraph except "responsive". Toyotas are numb, sloppy handling cars. My problem with Hyundais in that regard is that their steering is overassisted and has a dead spot between about 11:30 and 12:30.

A couple years ago, Lexus had a marketing campaign touting the sportiness of one of their redesigned sedans. So, we were like, "Okay. We'll bite. Maybe things have changed." We turned the stability control off "completely". The first time we bent it out (closed course), the controls kicked back on. We turned them back off again. The next time, they turned back on and then the car went into limp mode. Terrible. Complete lack of control.

Certainly a Toyota motor, unless things have changed, will run a long time. But that's not anything impressive these days. Any make can engineer a N/A motor to run for a couple hundred thousand miles.

I'm also disappointed because Toyota has (had anyway) huge cash reserves and yet cuts corners ALL the time. Even with ideas that are groundbreaking. The Prius wasn't the first good hybrid (Honda Insight), but it was really well executed. But it came with DRUM BRAKES. And that's the kind of thing that makes me nutty. They do that kind of thing all the time. But the company has HUGE potential.

Anyway...ignore me. I'm a bit of an elitist with cars. I definitely know who does what well. I'm a little rustier than I once was (I used to drive probably 15-25 cars per week), but I have a lot of seat time and it's made me a snob. :)

"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

#1300 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:07 AM

Great question. I suspect probably a '10 or '11.

But keep in mind that I work in automotive. I've driven probably, literally, 5,000 cars in my life. Maybe more. Not sure. And not just on and off a lot.

I'll give you everything in your above paragraph except "responsive". Toyotas are numb, sloppy handling cars. My problem with Hyundais in that regard is that their steering is overassisted and has a dead spot between about 11:30 and 12:30.

A couple years ago, Lexus had a marketing campaign touting the sportiness of one of their redesigned sedans. So, we were like, "Okay. We'll bite. Maybe things have changed." We turned the stability control off "completely". The first time we bent it out (closed course), the controls kicked back on. We turned them back off again. The next time, they turned back on and then the car went into limp mode. Terrible. Complete lack of control.

Certainly a Toyota motor, unless things have changed, will run a long time. But that's not anything impressive these days. Any make can engineer a N/A motor to run for a couple hundred thousand miles.

I'm also disappointed because Toyota has (had anyway) huge cash reserves and yet cuts corners ALL the time. Even with ideas that are groundbreaking. The Prius wasn't the first good hybrid (Honda Insight), but it was really well executed. But it came with DRUM BRAKES. And that's the kind of thing that makes me nutty. They do that kind of thing all the time. But the company has HUGE potential.

Anyway...ignore me. I'm a bit of an elitist with cars. I definitely know who does what well. I'm a little rustier than I once was (I used to drive probably 15-25 cars per week), but I have a lot of seat time and it's made me a snob. :)

The responsiveness was actually part of the reason I was impressed with the Camry, but I'm sure there are better similar cars out there in that category.

Funny enough, my dad works with cars too and drives about the same amount a week. He's driven a few brand new Lexuses (Lexii?) and he said one (can't for the life of me remember which it was, I'd have to ask him again) was one of the most impressive cars he's driven in awhile. Then again, there was another brand new Lexus he drove and he said it felt awful compared to the other one, so it sounds like they aren't 5 stars across the board.

I'm really not that picky though. I drive a 98 Maxima and that's good enough for me. I do like Nissans in general though.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1301 The Singularious

The Singularious

CAGny & Lacy! Oooh.

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:10 AM

The responsiveness was actually part of the reason I was impressed with the Camry, but I'm sure there are better similar cars out there in that category.

Funny enough, my dad works with cars too and drives about the same amount a week. He's driven a few brand new Lexuses (Lexii?) and he said one (can't for the life of me remember which it was, I'd have to ask him again) was one of the most impressive cars he's driven in awhile. Then again, there was another brand new Lexus he drove and he said it felt awful compared to the other one, so it sounds like they aren't 5 stars across the board.

I'm really not that picky though. I drive a 98 Maxima and that's good enough for me. I do like Nissans in general though.

Nissans, in general, handle pretty well. Did your dad drive the LFA? Have not had the pleasure on that one, yet.

The ISF is also a pretty capable car. They *can* make great cars, they just don't, IMO. I think that's what rubs me so wrong about them. When you pay as much as you would for a BMW, MB, or Porsche, then you should at least be able to hang with them to some small degree. They slap a different badge on the things, and it's just...weak.

Anyway...back to our regularly scheduled programming. I've gotta work all weekend, so enough car crap unless someone wants to buy something from me. :)

On a sidenote, if you're ever stuck in Central Texas, ping me for some unrestricted, closed course fun. Street hijinx are too risky for me these days.

#1302 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:13 AM

Nissans, in general, handle pretty well. Did your dad drive the LFA? Have not had the pleasure on that one, yet.

Might have been that one, honestly can't recall.

bZ2g3eF.png

#1303 The Singularious

The Singularious

CAGny & Lacy! Oooh.

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:15 AM

Might have been that one, honestly can't recall.

He'd remember. It's a $375K supercar. :)

#1304 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:17 AM

He'd remember. It's a $375K supercar. :)

This was last year or so, so if it's new this year, probably wasn't that one. And like I said, I can't recall. He would.

bZ2g3eF.png

#1305 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:27 AM

I agree with a lot of what has been said in regard to the general laziness of Toyota and Honda. They do a number of things quite well, but they're definitely riding on good will a bit too. 

Yes, the motors are generally very sound. The fit and finish is pretty good too, though I feel that they're not quite as good as they used to be and the point about "cutting corners" rings very true in my experience. 

The other thing is design... they're getting their butts kicked now in that area. The cars just simply aren't very exciting. Other manufacturers have passed them by. 

Toyota and Honda are where you go for a "safe" purchase, and by that I don't mean safety because last year Consumer Reports dropped their recommendation of three Toyota products because of crash test results. 

76561197971332172.png

#1306 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:33 AM

The other thing is design... they're getting their butts kicked now in that area. The cars just simply aren't very exciting. Other manufacturers have passed them by. 

If we wanna talk about looks, BMW has been smoking crack for the last decade and half.

bZ2g3eF.png

#1307 indef

indef

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:08 AM

I drive a Dodge Stratus.

#1308 Sepioth

Sepioth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:25 AM

This is my ride .. currently off the road due to a flat tire ..

5389349154_549bb4f674_z.jpg

#1309 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:53 AM

u sure are a cheap ass, couldn't even spring for the ribbons in the handlebars.

Josh, South Park Stick of Truth is price glitched http://www.amazon.co... stick of truth

I'd like it as my free game (steam key)

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#1310 pasports31

pasports31

New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:24 AM

Josh, South Park Stick of Truth is price glitched http://www.amazon.co... stick of truth

I'd like it as my free game (steam key)

Thanks for bringing this up. South Park should be 5 dollars. Josh, for the good of Amazon, please fix this ASAP.

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#1311 Insomniac_34

Insomniac_34

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:52 AM

You guys are in luck, seeing as Steam currently has South Park on sale for only $4.99. I nabbed a screencap of the store page as indisputable and undeniable proof:

Spoiler

This is totally a real sale, so whenever you want to go ahead and price match that Josh, that would be great.

#1312 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:53 AM

So about those Amazon deals...

#1313 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:58 AM

I've never been to NY... The Chicago L is packed at rush hour, but the rest of the time / weekends it's not too bad.  Also people get very afraid when I let any of my temper show.

You have a temper? Surely you jest! :bouncy:

Seriously though, stop by NY some time, I give tours for free because I have nothing better to do.

had to google what ZipCar its yet to trickle down to us in Kentucky  :whee:

edit

not to far away

Knoxville Tn area has it

My only experience with Zip Car was that they always had one available in the parking lot at Hopkins. A friend of mine used it when I helped her move her shit from a dorm to a storage unit (because it was May, and she was coming back for summer classes in June, and lived in Texas which is quite a-ways away from Baltimore, MD).

Funny story, I may have been interested in the girl, and looking for an excuse to spend time alone together/show off the physique. Of course, her not being privy to this, she felt the need to make it up to me meaning I had to come up with a "favour" fast. My favour? Using some of her storage unit in exchange for paying a percentage of the rent. The problem? I had packed up just about everything and shipped it home. So what did I bring to the storage unit that was so important to store away that I would spend a day doing heavy lifting and pay actual money? A small printer box full of PC games. I kid you not, she burst into laughter when she saw it and immediately gave me my money back and stored it for free.

I think she got the message.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#1314 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:09 AM

I believe that story...

Spoiler

#1315 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

Looks like you got a flat.

#1316 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:37 PM

Looks like you got a flat.

"This is my ride .. currently off the road due to a flat tire .."

1386748758970.gif

bZ2g3eF.png

#1317 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

Sees pic, stops reading.

#1318 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

So about those Amazon deals...

I know, it's tiring to keep seeing Rockstar deals on Amazon DVG...

but at least Rockstar shows up to the Amazon DVG sales....

Same goes for EA, as well.

#1319 Thermopyle

Thermopyle

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

Just finished Typing of the Dead. Wow, that was a terrible, terrible game. I can't  think of a single good thing to say about it.

Thermopyle2.png

#1320 The Singularious

The Singularious

CAGny & Lacy! Oooh.

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

What's the bottom on Cognition, y'all think?

http://www.greenmang...riller/#item-yt

Down to $8. I think it's bundle fodder at some point, yes? I want it, but I'm thinking I want to pay $3-5.