Photo
* * - - - 82 votes

Amazon PC Deals: Red Faction Collection $5.99 - EA Sports Classics NHL 09, Madden 08 $2

Amazon PC Digital

• Please log in to reply
7979 replies to this topic

#7951 Sepioth

Sepioth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 02:48 AM

Life is good, I'm actually in the process of firing up the "how do we do the community thing?" conversation in my new role. I don't see a ton of relevant overlap though as all the stuff I'm working on is App focused now.

Cheers
Tony

When you do that invite Josh. It appears he may need some help with that. :)

#7952 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 03:15 AM

WP_20130628_029.jpg

I want 75% off lowest MSRP pricing for the product...

...not be given 75% of the actual product!

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#7953 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 04:00 AM

Also, I wasn't sure what I could and couldn't share earlier so I didn't, 2K came on site today and did a several hour Evolve event including hands on gameplay.

If you like multiplayer games you should buy this...twice. I got to play through twice and the game is phenomenal. Let me know if you have any questions, they said I can share anything I saw/heard today (which represents the entirety of my knowledge about the game).

I'm a big fan of their previous two games, so Evolve is definitely on my radar. My only question is a subjective one:

One of the great things about L4D was the coordination between the special zombies to take down the survivors. Evolve is about a team taking on a single player-controlled monster. Once the "I'm a badass!" feeling wears off... won't it be lonely on the monster "team"? :(

76561197971332172.png

#7954 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted Yesterday, 04:19 AM

I'm a big fan of their previous two games, so Evolve is definitely on my radar. My only question is a subjective one:

One of the great things about L4D was the coordination between the special zombies to take down the survivors. Evolve is about a team taking on a single player-controlled monster. Once the "I'm a badass!" feeling wears off... won't it be lonely on the monster "team"? :(

This is totally subjective but it feels like the amount of time it will take to kill the single player will vary greatly from match to match, especially as you start seeing people get a feel for the maps, etc. What I think this will translate into is a fresh feeling experience even if you play the monster regularly.

Again, just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Tony

Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#7955 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 04:21 AM

Cheers,

Tony

Hi Tony!!!!!!! we need your magic !

#7956 tmwfte

tmwfte

Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 04:24 AM

Cheers,

Tony

No, but seriously, Randy Pitchford went full on Buffalo Bill/Dahmer on Josh and then fashioned him into a homemade TF2 hat, didn't he?

#7957 fore1337

fore1337

Posted Yesterday, 04:27 AM

Yep, that article is correct. I wouldn't hire her, she sounds like a complete idiot.

steam_sig-400.png

#7958 sweeetja713

sweeetja713

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 04:28 AM

Tony,

If you can talk about it, with the focus on games and the fire tv bringing an emphasis is it safe to assume there will be a bigger focus on regular android games as well. Maybe even a community manager and fun promotions?

Come check out my tradelist.  It's full of geeky goodness that's not limited to video games.

http://www.cheapassg...13#entry2276219

#7959 fore1337

fore1337

Posted Yesterday, 04:31 AM

Most of those gifs don't ever seem to match up to the words they're supposed to be saying, thus they are nearly all annoying.

What a terrible trend. 

You know, I started watching Community, only because someone posted this gif in one of the PC threads.

illallowit.gif

Awesome show btw.

steam_sig-400.png

#7960 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 04:35 AM

Only ONE player is a monster in Evolve? Well that just sounds stupid. Lost Planet did it right by having a few monsters of varying strength and size on the monster team.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#7961 Whinterfell

Whinterfell

Games are Coming.

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 04:44 AM

Only ONE player is a monster in Evolve? Well that just sounds stupid. Lost Planet did it right by having a few monsters of varying strength and size on the monster team.

Yeah they are going with full A symmetric gameplay.  It is a very interesting concept but fully relies on both there being numerous monsters, maps, and different teams of hunters.  If it is only a handful of them then it will lose it's appeal very quickly.  And much like L4D and L4D2 there needs to be mod support to go along with it as well.  One of the main reasons both the L4d games lasted this long is because of the mods and the way the community can change stuff.  So skins and game modes are a must for long lasting game usage.

CAGSigsmall.png

#7962 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 06:35 AM

tumblr_mvelq5fkty1skh0gdo1_500.gif

76561197996799113.png

#7963 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 08:36 AM

so Tony's back, does that mean kindle fires and fire tvs for everyone?

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#7964 pasports31

pasports31

New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 10:58 AM

josh said he will be at a conference during that meeting

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#7965 provdog2611

provdog2611

Posted Yesterday, 06:08 PM

This is what a read out of the two posts... yea?

Life is good, I'm actually in the process of firing ..

... Josh.

#7966 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 06:16 PM

About Destiny - looks great, but I am waiting 1st for a PC version.

This.  If I had $400 burning a hole in my pocket, I wouldn't buy a console -- I'd buy a new video card for my PC.  Destiny won't approach my radar until it approaches my hardware.

so Tony's back, does that mean kindle fires and fire tvs for everyone?

Need a Kindle Fire 75% sale, and soon.  My wife keeps hogging hers, and I never get to use it anymore.

#7967 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 06:47 PM

This.  If I had $400 burning a hole in my pocket, I wouldn't buy a console -- I'd buy a new video card for my PC.  Destiny won't approach my radar until it approaches my hardware.

Need a Kindle Fire 75% sale, and soon.  My wife keeps hogging hers, and I never get to use it anymore.

and the ability to use amazon coins to purchase it would be nice.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#7968 Sepioth

Sepioth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 07:31 PM

Something must be up with Josh, maybe he was fired? Because it seems every time someone asks about him Tony just "ignores" the question :P

#7969 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 07:38 PM

Something must be up with Josh, maybe he was fired? Because it seems every time someone asks about him Tony just "ignores" the question :P

No news is no news.  Either Tony knows something, or he doesn't.  If he knows something, he isn't going to talk about it because he doesn't want to say something that reflects poorly on Amazon.  If he doesn't know what's going on, admitting that fact would open the door for even more speculation in a vacuum, which also doesn't do the Amazon brand any good.

Tony is being the Good Corporate Guy by ignoring the elephant in the room.  Sucks for us, but perfectly understandable from his perspective.

#7970 Tjee

Tjee

Posted Yesterday, 07:40 PM

Or maybe he's under a NDA?

#7971 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 07:40 PM

All this talk about a guy named Tony knowing about another guy disappearing makes me think of the mob.

mdUFwSE.png

#7972 tmwfte

tmwfte

Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 07:42 PM

Tony's buds with the Gearbox folks, makes sense he wouldn't want to cop to Actual Cannibal Randy Pirchford.

#7973 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 08:44 PM

Have you seen the latest The Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel?  It looks awesome.

Cheers,

asheskitty

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#7974 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 10:20 PM

Looks like the same game that I'll get at 75% off.

#7975 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 10:31 PM

Holy crap... I never noticed before... MOOBY IS A TOASTER

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#7976 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 10:33 PM

Holy crap... I never noticed before... MOOBY IS A DUTCH OVEN

Yeah, that seems more appropriate.

Kaneda! What do you see?

#7977 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 10:59 PM

I just realized something.

I tried again but said, "Tony," three times. The results were not what I expected.

Spoiler

Cheers,

Tony

Holy shit, it worked! I summoned Tony. :)

#7978 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 12:14 AM

What's the CAG word on Destiny? Hype or New Hope? I think I'm going to try and jump in at launch.

I played on the beta, and for me it's definitely just hype. A fairly bland FPS with level-ups. I cancelled my pre-order.

#7979 Sepioth

Sepioth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 03:24 AM

And the one I'm getting for 100% off :P

#7980 Tomasety

Tomasety

LatinLover

• CAG in Training

Posted Today, 10:38 AM

81% - Paradox Action Pack [Download] - $14.95 (All Steam but Mount & Blade)