Anyone else get a free year of Live?

True Kronic

CAG Newbie
So my Live subscription ends tomorrow. Been a day 0 subscriber...the reason the renewal is this month is from the various free 2, 15 & 30 day cards that would periodically show up in original Xbox games & early 360 games.

Renewing slipped my brain this year...I missed out on Costco's deal last week and decided to get one off Amazon for $50 (cheapest I could find). Well today I check my email and it's saying I renewed for 12 months successfully, and it kicks in tomorrow. I was able to cancel the Amazon order that was in "preparing shipment for delivery" phase.

The only credit card on my account is a pre-paid card from 3 months ago with pennies on it, and the email doesn't mention anything charging (same email you get when using cards).

So someone out there sees that I've been a day 1 subscriber, and spent thousands on DLC and games over the years (even if most of it was during sales)....someone is paying attention.

I also got 2, 000 points for free, after accidentally deleting all my save files Fall 2012. Was doing Hard drive maintenance (or so I thought), when I was prompted to say yes/no to deleting all items off hard drive. I didn't know "items" meant save games (I thought it was avatar crap). It took me a day or two before I realized what I did. Later I googled this and I'm not the first one to do it.

The next morning I noticed I had 2,000 points added. I immediately checked the only credit card on the account and nothing was taken, didn't get any email saying anything about it, so I spent the points immediately because I thought something screwed up.

Any other Live (or any service) subscriber get free, unexplainable things like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Go here:

https://commerce.microsoft.com/

Log in with your account and see if there are any pending transactions.  I find they show up there before they hit the payment sources (credit card, paypal, etc.).

Maybe you really did just get a gift ... it sure would be nice if they threw a bit my way!

wrong..they renewed your live and when they try to charge your card and it will get declined.i think you have like 30 days after that to pay for it or they will take you off xbox live.

Go here:

https://commerce.microsoft.com/

Log in with your account and see if there are any pending transactions. I find they show up there before they hit the payment sources (credit card, paypal, etc.).

Maybe you really did just get a gift ... it sure would be nice if they threw a bit my way!
Yeah thought this...but the email doesn't mention any charges, and says I successfully renewed.

Guess Ill know for sure in a couple days.

I had this happen before. My credit card on file was expired (plus the number has changed). They gave me a full year of Live but I never had to pay for it. Didn't happen for the year after that though.

Ya now I'm pretty sure I got a free year. Says "charged" for 12 months of Live on my subscribtion, my new renewal date is 2015-03-18.

So someone out there cares. Or it's a computer error. No possible way it was a computer error when I got 2,000 points for free, though.

It`s kinda creepy that they knew I deleted all my saves. They knew before I did (only because I didn`t realize what I did for a day or two).

So I didn't get a free year.

Worked perfectly up until yesterday (I play my 360 every day), put a credit card in to buy the new Trials, bought it, then deleted the credit card right after. Played the first 10 levels or so of Trials, turned it off.

Turned it on this morning, I'm  downgraded to Silver. No email, no warning, nothing.

So fuck Microsoft & thier shady shit, I'm want to sell my account, probably the console as well (I'll keep my 150+ disc games), and buy a 360 again in a few years when I'm bored.

How much could I get for an day one account (thought the status may have changed now it's silver, with 50 K + Gamerscore (none complete other than a few arcade games that I got by accident - I hate trophies/achievments), over 250 games tied to the account, XBLA, a couple Xbox games, Indies, and Games on Demand?

Xbox 360 console is a silim, 250+ games installed, I'd like to sell the entire thing in one package.

How much should I ask on kijiji for the entier package (console w/ Profile)?

So someone out there sees that I've been a day 1 subscriber, and spent thousands on DLC and games over the years (even if most of it was during sales)....someone is paying attention.

I also got 2, 000 points for free, after accidentally deleting all my save files Fall 2012.

The next morning I noticed I had 2,000 points added.

I'm thinking Live subscribers are dropping like flies & they want to keep OGs like me around.

Ya now I'm pretty sure I got a free year. Says "charged" for 12 months of Live on my subscribtion, my new renewal date is 2015-03-18.

So someone out there cares.

It`s kinda creepy that they knew I deleted all my saves. They knew before I did.

So I didn't get a free year.

So fuck Microsoft & thier shady shit.

I'm want to sell my account, probably the console as well (I'll keep my 150+ disc games)...
:rofl: :lol: :applause: :mrgreen:

Hahaha, this was hilarious man. Someone out there cares.

Called them to delete an old credit card, and they emailed 3 free months of Gold, so I guess it's not all bad. Got 4+ months free...did get that 2000 points back in Fall 2012 too (whatever the week Double Dragon Neon released on Live cuz that's what I bought).

Serious question though - how much is an day one account w/ thousands of dollars of purchaes (probably around $5000) worth, sold with the Slim Console, good condition, all original everything?

I'm seriously hard up for cash and considering selling if I can get over a $1000 (and not get scammed).

Serious question though - how much is an day one account w/ thousands of dollars of purchaes (probably around $5000) worth
Maybe you're better off asking American CAGs. Honestly I wouldn't give $20 for it. It's value is limited to digital content the buyer fully intends to purchase, and I want next to nothing. Maybe somebody might want a lot of stuff you've already gotten, but not to the tune of $1000, that's crazy. Anybody that interested in 360 content with cash in hand would've already jumped in and bought most of what they'd want.

Called them to delete an old credit card, and they emailed 3 free months of Gold, so I guess it's not all bad. Got 4+ months free...did get that 2000 points back in Fall 2012 too (whatever the week Double Dragon Neon released on Live cuz that's what I bought).

Serious question though - how much is an day one account w/ thousands of dollars of purchaes (probably around $5000) worth, sold with the Slim Console, good condition, all original everything?

I'm seriously hard up for cash and considering selling if I can get over a $1000 (and not get scammed).
Dat rationalization.

Anyway, lol, nobody will really care about the content you've purchased. Especially considering a) it's digital content which doesn't have a limited supply and b) most of the content is probably largely discounted at this point.

Also, there are a lot of accounts made in the first year of Xbox Live. A lot. At least $1000? Let me know if there's someone crazy enough to pay you that.

Maybe you're better off asking American CAGs. Honestly I wouldn't give $20 for it. It's value is limited to digital content the buyer fully intends to purchase, and I want next to nothing. Maybe somebody might want a lot of stuff you've already gotten, but not to the tune of $1000, that's crazy. Anybody that interested in 360 content with cash in hand would've already jumped in and bought most of what they'd want.
I thought people used to sell accounts for like $1000+ Because of high gamerscore, original status, and of course the games tied to to it. I google'd it a bit and there's too much shady shit out there for me to even attempt losing everything. The only reason I guess somsone would still want it is if your Xbox 360 status is carried over to X1 or something.

If you would only pay $20 for over $5,000 of games, then that's fucked up. Unlike 99% of people who post there opinions on the internet, I play games, not platforms, so I don't understand that logic of thinking. It's like what a gay dude must think of vagina, it's that foreign a concept to me.

I'm gonna jump in here just to remind everyone how trigger happy MS is at banning sold accounts.
Yeah....just gonna keep it now anyway. I'll probably just buy Gold or even let it go Silver in a few months (barely play online games anymore,,,think most people start to grow out of that in their 30's).

Way too much shady'ness out there to even attempt selling it.

If you would only pay $20 for over $5,000 of games, then that's fucked up. Unlike 99% of people who post there opinions on the internet, I play games, not platforms, so I don't understand that logic of thinking. It's like what a gay dude must think of vagina, it's that foreign a concept to me.
It's not hard to understand, even for you. Would *you* buy a twin to your account, that has the exact same content yours has. Some other poor sap dropped 5K into it and doesn't want it anymore. No you wouldn't, you don't need anything, and it'd be a pain in the ass to resell. That's most everyone elses position, we've already bought the stuff we want. The other crap you may have, we don't want, why would we pay for it?

I thought people used to sell accounts for like $1000+ Because of high gamerscore,
That's the one of stupidest things I've ever heard. Gamerscore is meant to be a fun supplement to the games you're playing. If the achievements are already done there's no point in playing the games you've bought. Attempting to use it as an epenis you wave around on the internet entirely justifies an account deletion from MS IMO.

The only use an account like yours should have would be to sit there as a secondary account, granting licenses to all the other users playing on the console. That's simple enough to do if you're selling your console. There's no shadiness involved in putting your system on Craigslist and getting cash for it.

Ya obviously if u already own a profile /w everything you want, you wouldn't want to buy it again. I wasn't suggesting you buying it anyway.

There does exist (losers) who live for trophies/achievements...have multiple accounts and such to boost others. I don't know how, why, where & when they do what they do (someone please make a good gaming documentary about it)..but they gotta have loads of time & money.

Unless ur overall 360 score goes over to X1, these people wouldn't care about an old Live account...or they did something like make XBLA b/c (ya I know it won't happen due to licensing).

TL:DR of the thread

Microsoft didn't give me a free year of Live, they suck, I want to sell my 360 for 5 grand, it makes PERFECT SENSE WHY, DON'T JUDGE ME.

[SIZE=12pt]If you have the reading comprehension of a mongaloid, then yes. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Is it really that weird to want a good price for a fully loaded 360 with $5000+ worth of games & content (pretty much every good XBLA game ever released + some amazing GOD from sales)[/SIZE]

I was just aking for a price if I put it up on Kijiji...but I`m not now, from all the free stuff Microsoft has given me. The only dumb thing is if I didnt buy Trials, they probably wouldnt have downgraded it.

This is the worst thread I have ever read in my life. Just wow.
That`s awesome, a title I`ll gladly accept.

The way I see it, the more opposite opinion you have from the niche internet community, the better off you are. And I hate hipsters, so that`s not it.

I was just aking for a price if I put it up on Kijiji
I'll mention again, ask the American CAGs if you haven't already. There are a lot more of them and I'm sure somebody has an educated opinion on its value, unlike my opinion. Plus CAG is a reputable trading community, which us Canadians rarely take advantage of. But if you're looking to unload digital goods there's nothing stopping you from doing so.

bread's done
Back