Official Disney Movie Club Thread

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 rbenns2

rbenns2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:15 AM

Blu-ray.com (http://forum.blu-ray...ad.php?t=221740) does a good job laying out the in depth stuff, but the discussions there get pretty long-winded, and often focus more around technical issues than deals that can be had. I can see some good deals slipping through the cracks. It would be nice to have one place where all the codes, current and upcoming sales, and especially unadvertised discounts could be easily sifted through.

#2 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:05 AM

There's actually a couple of threads already, one just some threads below in this section, even though it's titled DMR only, it actually discusses everything, including DMC, and there's another thread in another section that has a thread, so probably won't need a third one.

Here's the other thread in this section just in case you're too lazy to look for it,

http://www.cheapassg...ds-code-thread/

For the most part it doesn't take too long to sift through that thread as long as you keep up with it since things are usually reported pretty quickly.  Never had any problems personally doing it that way.

Posted Image

#3 rbenns2

rbenns2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

I saw the other DMR thread, that's why I made this one: I thought it better to separate the discussions, but if people don't want to do that, fine.

#4 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

Considering most people only talk about DMC during the Featured Title release, this thread would get buried quickly.

#5 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

And the feature title for this month was pretty bad. Thor 2 in 3D for 30...not interested in 3D and can just borrow my brother copy until the movie is cheaper.

#6 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

The FT for me was Saving Mr Banks and Mary Poppins...

#7 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:21 PM

I got both offers. First was Mr. Banks which I declined then I got the Thor 2 offer which I also declined.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#8 rbenns2

rbenns2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:19 AM

Is there a list of past featured titles from after late 2013? The list they have on BR.com is sickening that I missed out on them, such as Beauty and the Beast 3-D and Lion King 3-D for $24.99 each, but ends I believe in Oct. 2013.  

#9 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:43 AM

Typically Featured Titles are whatever big release is going on that month or the following month. Unlike Club Nintendo, they don't repeat.

Also, Muppets Most Wanted is available for pre-order and eligible for the standard discount.

#10 rbenns2

rbenns2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:37 AM

Typically Featured Titles are whatever big release is going on that month or the following month. Unlike Club Nintendo, they don't repeat.

Also, Muppets Most Wanted is available for pre-order and eligible for the standard discount.

So this month it's Frozen?

#11 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:48 AM

No, Frozen was last month. This month it's Saving Mr Banks and Thor 2.

#12 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:28 AM

If you buy Frozen for $25 from Disney does it count towards one of your commitment?

#13 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

If you buy Frozen for $25 from Disney does it count towards one of your commitment?

I ordered Frozen when it was the featured title and it counted towards commitment. I would think you would be ok but not 100% positive.

rm8ylt.gif

#14 Green_Arrow

Green_Arrow

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

It counted for me, it should say on it's page that it'll count towards your commitments. 

#15 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:31 AM

I bought 3 of them with the buy 1 get 40% off promo but the $25 is not showing up as a commitment.

#16 samaside

samaside

nerdophiles.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

I bought 3 of them with the buy 1 get 40% off promo but the $25 is not showing up as a commitment.

Blurays have to be $29.99 or higher unless they are pre-orders. My $25 + free shipping Thor: The Dark World 3D counted as a fulfillment title. The exception is if the page says it will count. It sometimes takes a while for them to show up as commitment titles. I had one that took well over a week. But if it doesn't show after that long call them up. They have super helpful customer service.

#17 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

If it counts it won't show up until you get them in the mail.

rm8ylt.gif

#18 bryankasch

bryankasch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

Dunno I ma picking up thor, iron man, and the 5 disc avengers, for 60. I think its a great deal. Maybe not a omg one, but will also fill my fulfillment as well.

You did what??? With who??? For how many cookies???

"Thats it Mr. Giraffe get all the marmalade off"

#19 The Rodfather

The Rodfather

Mafia Don of Frugalness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:57 PM

Can't emphasize enough how glad I was I waited until the b2g1 to do my commitments. Such a good deal.

#20 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:51 AM

I just keep checking every week to see if they add more Disney Afternoon DVDs to the Exclusive DVD page. I was glad they finished Talespin and Gargoyles up there, but I want to see them put out the rest of episodes for the other series.

#21 rbenns2

rbenns2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:38 PM

Can't emphasize enough how glad I was I waited until the b2g1 to do my commitments. Such a good deal.

I was wondering about that; do I take the Featured Titles I want when they appear, or do I wait for them to do one of those sales?

#22 Horsebot3K

Horsebot3K

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

The next featured title is Thor 3D for $30. I'll probably take it. You can get it with Iron Man for $42 and free shipping, but I don't really want the single-disc Iron Man. I wish it was Iron Man 3.

#23 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:51 AM

Every time this thread gets bumped, I keep hoping it's because they finally announced the rest of DuckTales or Darkwing Duck as a DMC exclusive.  And I'm consistently disappointed.  :-(

Posted Image

#24 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

Every time this thread gets bumped, I keep hoping it's because they finally announced the rest of DuckTales or Darkwing Duck as a DMC exclusive.  And I'm consistently disappointed.  :-(

This thread wasn't even up a week yet. Lol.

rm8ylt.gif

#25 rbenns2

rbenns2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:43 AM

The next featured title is Thor 3D for $30. I'll probably take it. You can get it with Iron Man for $42 and free shipping, but I don't really want the single-disc Iron Man. I wish it was Iron Man 3.

I haven't seen the multi-disc Iron Man for a long time; I don't think it's in print anymore, and $8 (12 extra minus 4 shipping) is probably the cheapest it will be for some time.

#26 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

I haven't seen the multi-disc Iron Man for a long time; I don't think it's in print anymore, and $8 (12 extra minus 4 shipping) is probably the cheapest it will be for some time.

the multi disk has been out of print for ages now
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#27 The Rodfather

The Rodfather

Mafia Don of Frugalness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

Believe it or not b2g1 free is live again.

#28 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:23 PM

Sadly, it can't be combined with the 2-for-$30.

#29 The Rodfather

The Rodfather

Mafia Don of Frugalness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:24 PM

No, but remember it can kill both commitments and get you three movies for $50 shipped.

#30 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:56 AM

Where do we find the B2G1? New to the DMC and am not seeing it anywhere on the site...

EDIT: Disregard, I found it. Thanks for the heads up!

4ec5ccaa-5f05-42ab-bf25-403499b91b10_zps

and Dirk Nowitzki. After watching the 2011 Finals, I refuse to believe he's human. - Groo the Wanderer