Buy any two Xbox One or PS4 games at Best Buy Get a $15 Gift Card Instore Only

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#1 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

As the title states, saw a flier in store, doesnt matter what two games, buy any two mix and match, get a $15 gift card.

Good for those picking up infamous or tomb raider on sale.

I grabbed infamous and Metal Gear.

Not sure if YMMV, pretty sure it should be chain wide.

#2 Jeff Jr.

Jeff Jr.

My Pokemart won't price match :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

Did you grab those games today?

I grabed Tomb Raider and Metal Gear for the xbone yesterday and I didn't get a gift card

and it doesn't state it on special offers at the best buy website next to the games. 

Edit: NVM it had to be today since Infamous came out.

#3 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

Well if I hadn't just picked up Zoo Tycoon and PvZ for Xone on AWD that would be an excellent opportunity to have gotten them.  Not sure what I would grab in addition to Second Son if I went that route.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#4 guessed

guessed

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

Hope it isn't YMMV. I keep going back and forth on Metal Gear, this would push me over the edge.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#5 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

Can anyone confirm this isn't ymmv
"Once a scientific truth emerges. . . It is the way of the world. When different experiments give you the same results, it is no longer subject to your opinion. . . It's true whether or not you believe in it. That's why it works. "
". . . We live in a country that guarantees free speech, but it's not a country that guarantees anything you say is correct."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

#6 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

hmm I have infamous: SS for pickup, guess I'd have to return/rebuy.

Theres really no other ps4 game I want to pay full price for anyway....

#7 hectorarizpe

hectorarizpe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

Metal gear ground zeros is $25 with my GU discount, If you get 2 it would come out to $50. Minus a -$15 gift card, 2 copies would come out to $35. Might bite on this if true:

#8 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

Oh wait, GZ for 23 with GCU and 15 dollar gift card would SO be worth it!

#9 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

I'll return/rebuy Metal Gear when I pick up Infamous today if this is true. Would be pretty sweet.

MPaullin.png

Trophies are dumb. Take a look at all of mine.

#10 bbedwards

bbedwards

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

Oh snap. Might be doing some shopping today with credit to burn.

#11 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition might be another good choice since it's on sale for $44.99.

OP, is this today only or might it last through tomorrow?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#12 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

Hmmm, I'll probably grab tomb raider and metal
Gear.

#13 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition might be another good choice since it's on sale for $44.99.

OP, is this today only or might it last through tomorrow?

$35.99 with GCU and trades in for $44 with GCU. 

I would either grab two copies of Tom Raider to flip back to BB or one of Tomb Raider and one of Metal Gear V. Really would like confirmation of this. 

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#14 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

$35.99 with GCU and trades in for $44 with GCU. 

I would either grab two copies of Tom Raider to flip back to BB or one of Tomb Raider and one of Metal Gear V. Really would like confirmation of this. 

Good thinking.  Too bad I already did this with GS->BB last week.  Don't want to get banned over $8/game.  Lol.

#15 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

Metal gear ground zeros is $25 with my GU discount, If you get 2 it would come out to $50. Minus a -$15 gift card, 2 copies would come out to $35. Might bite on this if true:

if you are going to sell the second copy it would have to be for 20$ or so to move it imo thus negating your 15$ gift card. if the second one is a gift however than it works out well
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#16 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

that tomb raider suggestion seems like a solid one to me
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#17 hectorarizpe

hectorarizpe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

that tomb raider suggestion seems like a solid one to me

Tombraider is dropping fast... I'll just wait a bit more.

#18 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

Is it confirmed ? And for how long?

#19 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

I wonder if this works on used games...

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#20 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

Tombraider is dropping fast... I'll just wait a bit more.

i ment buying to flip tomb raider back to bestbuy lol. seems like a great idea for those getting infamous from bestbuy
Currently playing

690739.png

#21 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

if you are going to sell the second copy it would have to be for 20$ or so to move it imo thus negating your 15$ gift card. if the second one is a gift however than it works out well

Not sure I follow.

Assume paying everything in gift cards and GCU is being used for everything for the record.

Two copies of Tomb Raider = $72 - $15 gift card back = $57. Trade in for $44 each = $88 total. Roughly $31 profit (tax aside).

One copy Tomb Raider & one copy Metal Gear V = $60 - $15 gift card back = $45. Trade in $44 for Tom Raider, $19.80 for Metal Gear = $63.8 TIV. Roughly $18.80 in profit (but Metal Gear can be played and beaten in a night which is why I'd be considering doing this today). 

Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#22 starscream615

starscream615

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

Confirmed. I work there. It's only today and tomorrow. I got infamous and metal gear plus used a $30 certificate and gamers club unlocked. Basically got metal gear for $10

#23 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

Confirmed. I work there. It's only today and tomorrow. I got infamous and metal gear plus used a $30 certificate and gamers club unlocked. Basically got metal gear for $10

thanks - was waiting to hear confirmation before i tried anything.  i have Infamous:SS on hold for pickup...can i take another game to the pickup register, and buy both there, to get the deal?

#24 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

Anyone going for this don't forget about the Ibotta offer to get more back too. http://www.cheapassg...pp-expires-323/

#25 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

Looks like I'll be doing a return/rebuy today with MG:GZ and PvZ:GW. Thanks OP

Dariel16.png

#26 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

Damn Best Buy...

bought Infamous today and not only did they not have the game out at 11AM there was no mention of this otherwise I would have picked something else up (TR or MGS).

Can they add another game to my earlier receipt and give me the gift card without having to return and rebuy? Would really hate to have one copy of Infamous count as two on my GCU total.

#27 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

Anyone going for this don't forget about the Ibotta offer to get more back too. http://www.cheapassg...pp-expires-323/

Wish I could get more of those. :rofl:

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#28 whitedeath

whitedeath

DEATH before DISHONOR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

just called the one in dickson city,pa and they said they have not heard of this promo.  :wall:

uncle_creepy78.png

#29 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

Wish I could get more of those. :rofl:

Have an old phone laying around?

#30 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

just called the one in dickson city,pa and they said they have not heard of this promo.  :wall:

Call and talk the same employee and ask about GCU.  He's probably never heard of that either.  :D

As long as it has been confirmed that it works here, they don't need to know about it since the gift card will pop up automatically.