Logitech G600 or G13 for MMO

Orgymang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
After giving up World of Warcraft many years ago, I'm thinking of getting back into an MMO, namely Wildstar.  I've always been more of a 'clicker' when it comes to MMO's because I grew up using the arrow keys for movement and have never been able to migrate to WASD.  Being that Wildstar is a very action-oriented MMO, clicking is just not an option nor do I think it is even possible.

If you had to choose one or the other strictly for MMO usage, what would you choose.  Also anyone that has any experience with either device, I'd like to hear your thoughts on them.

After giving up World of Warcraft many years ago, I'm thinking of getting back into an MMO, namely Wildstar. I've always been more of a 'clicker' when it comes to MMO's because I grew up using the arrow keys for movement and have never been able to migrate to WASD. Being that Wildstar is a very action-oriented MMO, clicking is just not an option nor do I think it is even possible.

If you had to choose one or the other strictly for MMO usage, what would you choose. Also anyone that has any experience with either device, I'd like to hear your thoughts on them.
Seems odd you'd be comparing a gamepad vs a mouse, but whatever. I've used a G600, but ditched it in favor of a M.M.O. 7 and Razer Naga 2014. I did not like the thumbpad on the G600, it was some kind of combination of overly firm with mushy feedback. The Naga 2014 has mechanical keys which have great feedback and are still easy (imo) to find. I also float between a G13 and an Orbweaver (previously a Tartarus). I use the G13 with the M.M.O. 7 and the Orbweaver with the Naga for software convenience. I'm perfectly happy with the G13, though in some games with WASD quicktime events the thumbstick's excessive throw can be annoying (I have my stick WASD mapped). I'd have no problem recommending and have to others interested in it, a G13. It's not the most ergonomic device, but mine has been solid and reliable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems odd you'd be comparing a gamepad vs a mouse, but whatever. I've used a G600, but ditched it in favor of a M.M.O. 7 and Razer Naga 2014. I did not like the thumbpad on the G600, it was some kind of combination of overly firm with mushy feedback. The Naga 2014 has mechanical keys which have great feedback and are still easy (imo) to find. I also float between a G13 and an Orbweaver (previously a Tartarus). I use the G13 with the M.M.O. 7 and the Orbweaver with the Naga for software convenience. I'm perfectly happy with the G13, though in some games with WASD quicktime events the thumbstick's excessive throw can be annoying (I have my stick WASD mapped). I'd have no problem recommending and have to others interested in it, a G13. It's not the most ergonomic device, but mine has been solid and reliable.
I'm just looking at options for having as many keys/buttons in close proximity for ease of use but I've got reservations about both devices. One of my biggest concerns with the G13 is the usability of the thumbstick. I will definitely need to use the thumbstick for movement as I feel using WASD with the 'G' keys will result in a failure similar to just using a regular keyboard. The placement of the thumbstick seems somewhat awkward to me. Does it feel natural to use or is it something that will take some getting use to?

The placement of the thumbstick seems somewhat awkward to me. Does it feel natural to use or is it something that will take some getting use to?
Yes.

At first it was awkward because I wanted to use it like my PS3/360 thumbstick by putting the pad of my thumb on the top. It doesn't work that way (at least not with my thumb). I usually end up using the side of my thumb on the top of the stick. It seems awkward, but I have no problem using it now after a minor adjustment period. (A shorter adjustment period than getting used to the Orbweaver/Tatarus thumbstick's awkward "up" direction placement.)

bread's done
Back