Photo
- - - - -

Mario Golf: World Tour [3DS] $29.99 @ Amazon (Physical Copy)

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:04 AM

http://www.amazon.co...ords=mario golf

if this has been posted before, allow me to sincerely #DEALWITHIT

gamestop has it at $35 and bestbuy has it at $40.

#2 Sabrages

Sabrages

Optimistic

• CAG in Training

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:07 AM

Are we able to pricematch preorders at best buy?

#3 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

Still a repost #DEALWITHIT

#4 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:31 AM

Are we able to pricematch preorders at best buy?

If you have gcu at best buy I would wait cause $29.99 I believe is the retail price and with gcu it will be $23.99

#5 JAgamer

JAgamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:42 AM

Afraid this is gonna be half-baked like Mario Kart 7 (and Mario Tennis 3DS, and Mario Party 3DS, and etc. etc.)

I'll wait for reviews

#6 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:45 AM

Afraid this is gonna be half-baked like Mario Kart 7 (and Mario Tennis 3DS, and Mario Party 3DS, and etc. etc.)

I'll wait for reviews

I have the same fear, though mainly regarding the ones you mentioned in parentheses. :???:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#7 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:45 AM

haha what, mario kart 7 was not half baked , it was amazing, snes rainbow road in 3D was godly

#8 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:48 AM

:/ if only it was Luigi Golf.

#9 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

They did this for the Layton game. Retail is actually $40.

Batsugunner.png

#10 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

must jacked up the price. Preorder at best buy was 29.99 last weekend 

edit guess not  looking at recept it says  Download... NOw there is a problem cause the  machine said it was the cart verison

WOOOO I STINK

#11 NewportBox100s

NewportBox100s

It's Gucci! BURR!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

I paid 30 bucks for this with no tax at Newegg, same with the new Kirby game.

#12 RySenkari

RySenkari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

In for one, I can always cancel if reviews are bad (Nintendo doesn't have review embargos so I'll have a few days to peruse reviews)

#13 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

In for one, I can always cancel if reviews are bad (Nintendo doesn't have review embargos so I'll have a few days to peruse reviews)

Agreed Amazon is the easiest to cancel at least about 2 days before they start shipping. I think Golf and Kirby look very good, and I think the Golf will have a decent simulation game and hopefully not be a bare bones garbage game like Party 3DS and Tennis 3DS. Please don't disappoint me Nintendo (I actually enjoy the New Yoshi's Island game in short segments....it's not bad and i think it's a decently average game around 7/10 but seems fun with just a little bit of challenge, but not a lot. Good pick up and play game).

#14 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

Is this supposed to have an RGP mode like the Gameboy Color game did?  I enjoyed that quite a lot, but haven't liked Mario Golf at all since then.  I actually thought the *golf* portion was better in the GBC game than the 'big' console versions of it, not to mention the RPG framework that made it much more worthwhile (not unlike Puzzle Quest, only...with golf LOL)

haha what, mario kart 7 was not half baked , it was amazing, snes rainbow road in 3D was godly

I haven't played the Wii version, but I've played all the other versions and 7 was by far my favorite.  I still didn't LOVE it, but it looked and played better than everything else I'd played in the series.  Apparently Retro either made it, or helped with it, which in my mind explains why it seemed much better than normal.

Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#15 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

*Rise from your Grave*

Has anyone's Amazon pre-order for this shipped yet ?

Mine hasn't.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#16 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:55 PM

:o so I guess they reduced the price because they expect to make tons more on the season pass and dlc?

#17 Ajerdman

Ajerdman

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

*Rise from your Grave*

Mine hasn't.

I was gonna ask the same thing. Mine says it's not expected till late next week at the earliest.. although that's without Prime. I thought they shipped pre-orders ahead of time to get them there closely after the release date.

Maybe I'll just cancel and pick it up somewhere else tomorrow.  :-k

#18 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:39 PM

*Rise from your Grave*

Mine hasn't.

Mine has along with Kirby both arriving Friday....yay actual release day Nintendo game for me!

#19 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:59 PM

if you have a kmart near you

Buy 2   certain  3ds games get 20,000 points 

Thinking of picking up  2 mario golfs   for 60.  would get  20 back in points and have a coupon that give me back another 10.

would get both  for  30 after points. Dump 1 for 20 end up with a copy for around 10 after points  (10 cash  30 points ) 

WOOOO I STINK

#20 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:28 AM

If mine doesn't arrive tomorrow I'm gonna hit that Amazon chat so hard !!!

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#21 NeloDiavolo

NeloDiavolo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:38 AM

The missus got her Kirby today. Wasn't expecting to get it that fast. I'm tempted to just get Mario golf WT via the eshop mostly because of the dlc. Might as well keep it all together. IDK

#22 Megamania

Megamania

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:19 AM

Should I just pay $25 @ Best buy?

#23 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:43 AM

Reviews have been lukewarm so i'll pass. Not a bad deal for a new release.

#24 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:33 AM

Reviews have been lukewarm so i'll pass. Not a bad deal for a new release.

Lukewarm? I've seen many 8s and even a 9 out of 10. Many pretty positive reviews. I see it more a bit above average myself, and I hope I enjoy it.

#25 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:23 PM

Lukewarm? I've seen many 8s and even a 9 out of 10. Many pretty positive reviews. I see it more a bit above average myself, and I hope I enjoy it.

i seen   alot of  7s   due to  lack of  a major single player mode  (i think they wanted an rpg type of a game)   This is why i did not buy it and just renting it off gamefly.   Its just  HOT SHOTS GOLF  but with mario.    Can get HSG for Vita game  TRU for 8   

maybe if i like it after renting it i buy it from  Best buy for 24 but i think im passing .

LOL was shot down at best buy and  walmart today trying to get the 20 bucks  in points matched.    walmart was going to do it when they found out our  hick  store  did not even get any copies.   It be the next one to shut down. Place is a dump

WOOOO I STINK

#26 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

I actually had this preordered, and once I played the demo I cancelled it. The game isn't bad, just more of the same. Actually it felt kind of cluttered, since there are so much "mushroom" kingdom stuff thrown about.

I figure since the standard price is 30, I'll see a 20 deal sooner than later. With the DLC, I figure 20 is a much better price to pay. Hot Shots seems like the better game over all, I'll stick with that for the time being.

#27 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

If you play hot shots golf, then go to this, you will see just how lacking this game is.  It feels like you have to work to set up each shot and if you take the shot off of auto, good luck getting an accurate hit.  Add in the season pass bs, and I'm very disappointed in this game.

723268.png

#28 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

If you play hot shots golf, then go to this, you will see just how lacking this game is.  It feels like you have to work to set up each shot and if you take the shot off of auto, good luck getting an accurate hit.  Add in the season pass bs, and I'm very disappointed in this game.

Sadly, this was my opinion after trying the demo^

It seems decent enough, but I knew if I bought it now, there was no way I would play it much(just another game to add to my backlog), so I have to wait on a CAG price I can live with.

#29 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:35 PM

Sadly, this was my opinion after trying the demo^

It seems decent enough, but I knew if I bought it now, there was no way I would play it much(just another game to add to my backlog), so I have to wait on a CAG price I can live with.

that and how fast   the disney game fell.  (19.99 at TRU within what  a week or two)

WOOOO I STINK

#30 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:04 PM

I'm disappointed by the current trend of instruction manuals on how the digital version of the instruction manual.  Anyways the game seems fine for me as the last Mario Golf I played was the N64 version.  I just wish it was easier to the manual hits as you get little time to choose how you want to hit the ball.  I think I remember the N64 version let you choose that before you even started the hit.