Skyrim: Legendary Edition (XBOX 360/PS3/PC) $24.99 @ Amazon.com

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 BigTime2Play

BigTime2Play

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

Amazon has Skyrim: Legendary Edition for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC for $24.99.  Good price for a great game!

Xbox:

http://www.amazon.co...keywords=skyrim

PS3

http://www.amazon.co...ary edition ps3

PC

http://www.amazon.co...dary edition pc

Saw this posted at Slickdeals

#2 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

One day when my backlog is under 10 games (HA!) I will buy this game.

Posted Image

#3 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

This is still in my backlog from Gamestop's Black Friday sale.  Oh well, maybe I should play this one already.

#4 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

Thanks, OP! Just as an FYI, all of your links go to the 360 version.

I'm not sure how to react to this...I spent 40+ hours playing Skyrim on :360: and I have all of the DLC there, but I've become more of a PS3 gamer (I haven't used my 360 in nearly 10 months). Do I cave on the PS3 version and thereby "waste" all the time I put into the 360 version...? :-k

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

I think I spent almost as much time on the Morrowind Island as I did in the regular game, lol.  AWESOME DLC with this one.  Well worth it I got it for $20 over Black Friday.

#6 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

I think I spent almost as much time on the Morrowind Island as I did in the regular game, lol.  AWESOME DLC with this one.  Well worth it I got it for $20 over Black Friday.

Thanks for mentioning the $20 price.  I could've sworn I only paid $20, too, but when I check the amazon price trackers it doesn't show the $20 price at all for this game even though it does show the Black Friday prices for other items.

#7 BigTime2Play

BigTime2Play

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

I'm not sure how to react to this...I spent 40+ hours playing Skyrim on :360: and I have all of the DLC there, but I've become more of a PS3 gamer (I haven't used my 360 in nearly 10 months). Do I cave on the PS3 version and thereby "waste" all the time I put into the 360 version...? :-kThan

Thanks!  The links have been corrected.

#8 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

I'm not sure how to react to this...I spent 40+ hours playing Skyrim on :360: and I have all of the DLC there, but I've become more of a PS3 gamer (I haven't used my 360 in nearly 10 months). Do I cave on the PS3 version and thereby "waste" all the time I put into the 360 version...? :-k

I'll be the voice of reason and say no.  Save your money and spend your time instead on the free PS+ games that you lucky PS3 owners get.

#9 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

Did they ever fix Skyrim on PS3?

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#10 gpthree

gpthree

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

I'll be the voice of reason and say no.  Save your money and spend your time instead on the free PS+ games that you lucky PS3 owners get.

I agree, dont do it. Maybe if you were going to get it for the PC because of mods but other than that, you're 360 version is just fine.

Posted Image

#11 Souffrir

Souffrir

Eternally Training CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

How is this not the regular price for this game by now?

#12 Lulgasms

Lulgasms

Resident Xbone hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

Save your cash. It runs like arse on playstation like nearly every Bethesda game.

#13 ohscaryone

ohscaryone

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

Save your cash. It runs like arse on playstation like nearly every Bethesda game.

I bought the original on release and put 120 hours in on my ps3 and never had any issues. I also bought the CE for the xbox because the dlc came out for that system first and put around 60 hours in on that console with no issues.

#14 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

Well might as well get it. Been holding off forever and it's not going to get any cheaper than that since Wal-Mart is already selling it for 30 now. It will join my growing backlog but cheap is cheap and you gotta take what you can get lol.

#15 thelaughingmann

thelaughingmann

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

Did they ever fix Skyrim on PS3?

I got the latest patch, all the DLC...I have run into the occasional loading screen hangup (and with any Bethesda game, routine saves are mandatory). The Dragonborn DLC ran slow on a 5400RPM HDD...it was a bit better on a 7200RPM HDD, but it is to be expected since the game itself is on disk and runs nicely but the DLC and patch load from the HDD.

http://www.presstartoplay.com/ <- Press Start to Play, a new gaming website with a collective of gamers bringing you live streams, reviews, giveaways, and that good old feeling of enjoying video games. I am giving them a chance. Why aren't you guys? Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Twitch and even donate to the cause! 

XSkittleKrazyX.png76561198028909821.png

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing Mann, Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2

#16 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Thought this was for the dragon statue version but NOPE.

#17 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

Damn, I remember getting months ago for the same price at BB using the pm + save $20 promo

#18 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

PM'd at BB and got 20% off the price with GCU. Thanks OP, wanted to pick this up but was waiting for a better price.

#19 happydogs

happydogs

Razor barrel.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

Must...  resist...  another... 100+ hour game...  i'll never play!

...I can hold out until it's $20.

#20 MrSneis

MrSneis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

I regret never getting the anthology for $25 over Black Friday.  This deal seems shitty in comparison.

***Edit NEVERMIND!!  Anthology is $30 for PC on Amazon but is heavily backordered, gladly ordered!***

Virtual Hydlide, Bad Dudes

#21 thelaughingmann

thelaughingmann

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

PM'd at BB and got 20% off the price with GCU. Thanks OP, wanted to pick this up but was waiting for a better price.

I was gonna go to BB to PM this. PMs aren't usually affected by GCU...but I can see if I can find a cashier who can let it go for 20% less. Pretend I am stupid and nice and hope I can get it for $20. :-) Will find out in a few.

http://www.presstartoplay.com/ <- Press Start to Play, a new gaming website with a collective of gamers bringing you live streams, reviews, giveaways, and that good old feeling of enjoying video games. I am giving them a chance. Why aren't you guys? Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Twitch and even donate to the cause! 

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing Mann, Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2

#22 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepherd of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

I was gonna go to BB to PM this. PMs aren't usually affected by GCU...but I can see if I can find a cashier who can let it go for 20% less. Pretend I am stupid and nice and hope I can get it for $20. :-) Will find out in a few.

It's on sale for the same price right now at Best Buy. No price match needed.

Twitter | Last.fm
Burning%20Karma.jpg

Let the water flow with shades of red now

Arrows black out all the light
Death is riding into town with armor

They've come to grant you your rights

#23 thelaughingmann

thelaughingmann

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

It's on sale for the same price right now at Best Buy. No price match needed.

Wait what? >> I just went in yesterday and the price was $40 before the PM. I have the receipt to prove it too. But...I didn't open the first copy I got yet. So I'll go in today, re-buy it at $20 with my GCU on a new receipt. Then, return the one I spent $25 on. Unless I can go in there, get them to look up my receipt yesterday and then do a change-over so I can get my $5 back. We will see today.

#24 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

Wait what? >> I just went in yesterday and the price was $40 before the PM. I have the receipt to prove it too. But...I didn't open the first copy I got yet. So I'll go in today, re-buy it at $20 with my GCU on a new receipt. Then, return the one I spent $25 on. Unless I can go in there, get them to look up my receipt yesterday and then do a change-over so I can get my $5 back. We will see today.

IIRC, Best Buy does post-purchase PMs if it's within 15 days and the lower price is at Best Buy themselves.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#25 thelaughingmann

thelaughingmann

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

IIRC, Best Buy does post-purchase PMs if it's within 15 days and the lower price is at Best Buy themselves.

Yup, they did. Just got back and got my $5 back. Gotta love a BB across from the workplace. Now I feel like $20 is worth the whole Skyrim set. :-) Now I am tempted to go use this $5 and another $5 to get New Vegas UE for PS3. But I know it's gonna run worse than FO3 did...what do you guys think?