PS4 - Tomb Raider Definitive Edition/Thief on PSN for $30

That is the cheapest it's ever been, I was able to get it for $39.99 on Amazon a month ago. So definitely the best deal yet. Shame it's for digital though, cannot be traded in. I hope Sony does more digital sales like this, I am still waiting for Knack to drop in price.

For the record, the Thief link to PSN goes to the *PS3* version, which I realized 2 seconds after I'd actually purchased it!

My post count is too low to post a correct link, so I'll leave it to someone else to save the day.

For the record, the Thief link to PSN goes to the *PS3* version, which I realized 2 seconds after I'd actually purchased it!

My post count is too low to post a correct link, so I'll leave it to someone else to save the day.
Oh wow! I'm sorry about that! I saw the link had "PS4" in it so I assumed it was the PS4 version. I updated the original post with the proper link but once again, I apologize for that!

[quote name="Deman93" post="11640097" timestamp="1395774871"]Oh wow! I'm sorry about that! I saw the link had "PS4" in it so I assumed it was the PS4 version. I updated the original post with the proper link but once again, I apologize for that![/quote]

I feel for you man... That was a huge mistake...

Oh wow! I'm sorry about that! I saw the link had "PS4" in it so I assumed it was the PS4 version. I updated the original post with the proper link but once again, I apologize for that!
Hey, it's not a huge deal. I should have looked a tiny bit closer. I have a PS3 too, so I guess I got the equivalent of a launch-day Cross Buy - PS3 and PS4 versions for $60. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/thief/cid=UP0082-CUSA00252_00-B000000000000261?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pscom&utm_campaign=pscom-UP0082-CUSA00107_00-000000TOMBRAIDER&smcid=ps:tomb-raider-definitive-edition-ps4:up0082-cusa00107_00-000000tombraider:ps-ps4-games-tomb-raider-definitive-edition-ps4.html

Edit: I see the OP was already updated. I'm on mobile, so it took me a bit to get the right link, and it looked like the OP hadn't been changed.

Tempted to get Tomb Raider, such a great game. I played it on the ps3 already and its currently free with plus, but I wanna experience it in its 1080p 60fps definitive edition glory. :whistle2:k

Yeah I played TR on the 360 and would love to play through it again in the definitive edition.  I can only justify $20 or less (preferably less) though.  

Yeah, I don't blame you. It honestly looked exactly the same too! Even had the word PS4 in the link and everything so I made sure to double check and make sure I didn't post the same incorrect link twice lol.

Been waiting on Thief for $30, although my backlog is going berserk with MGS Ground Zero and FFX HD still sitting around while my attention is all in on Dark Souls 2.

How big is the download? I might wait because it seems like a price drop to $30 is right around the corner. 

Reviews on the game have been so-so, but those were assuming the $60 price. Can anyone who has played it say if it's worth $30? I may pick it up for this price.

If you played Tomb Raider last gen, $30 is steep IMO to play the same game with better graphics. The last gen version was or may still be free with PS+.

If you play Thief on the hardest difficulty and like stealth, it's worth $30. Otherwise it's a waste or headed for the backlog.

Is Tomb Raider Definitive Edition for PS4 worth the $30 if you already have the free PS+ PS3 version?  I haven't played it yet, but $30 for some improved graphics kinda seems steep if the game itself is the same.

Is Tomb Raider Definitive Edition for PS4 worth the $30 if you already have the free PS+ PS3 version? I haven't played it yet, but $30 for some improved graphics kinda seems steep if the game itself is the same.
Same game, better graphics. It's worth it if you LOVE the game. Personally I just liked it, so I can't say it was worth it for me.

FML just paid 35.99 after GCU discount on BB last week when it was on sale.  -____-

Thank GOD I didn't pay for Thief. Theres no waaaaaay ill pay anything above $20 now. I can easily see a flash sale for that one coming soon, especially how mediocre the reviews are.

Reviews on the game have been so-so, but those were assuming the $60 price. Can anyone who has played it say if it's worth $30? I may pick it up for this price.
I would say Thief is definitely worth $30. But that also depends on the type of game you want/expect. It has a little reply value, but nothing grand. Combat is almost non existent, which for me, being a FPS/action style seeking gamer, I wasn't super engaged. But it was good, not great, thus worth $30, not $60. If ur a fan of stealth games, and enjoy em, its worth the try.

I got Thief for $13 after GCU and a $35 RZ certificate (PS4 bundle) about a few weeks ago. After reading all of the mixed reviews, I honestly wouldn't pay any more for it than that. Great deal on Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, but I already bought the Limited Edition Artbook version when it came out.

good deals but I'm going to hold off on both.  Definitely want to play Thief but I can see getting a physical copy around 20 in a couple months.  Wouldn't mind playing through TR again with the Definitive edition but no way I'll pay more than 20 for that as well.  

Good deals on games that will surely drop quickly

bread's done
Back