Playstation Now beta

same here. i filled it out last night and im really interested in trying this out. if it works as advertised im all for it!

just got mine :D

well..... all i get when i try to play a game is this.

unfortunately, your network delay might make playstation now unusable in your area. try plugging in an ethernet cable and running the connection test again.

by the way connection test is not working. Lets hope the kinks get fixed beforelaunch this summer. I have it connected wired and a 50 mbps download and 10 ping so yeah it's not my end.

seems like some games do it some don't sadly it's the ones i want to play that does it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tested it out today and the games ran fine on my 25 down connection but I'm curious how rental pricing will work. In the beta they have 3 rental options, 1 day, 7 days, or 30 days. Not sure how Sony will be able to balance out the pricing of these options for the cheap $10-$20 PSN games. 

I hope they have something so u can play the stuff u Owen aready on the ps4

I played through Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond last night no problems whatsoever. However, today I started to play Alien Rage it feels unresponsive and like I'm sliding around. I am probably going to give the beta a break for a few hours watch some netflix and play Arkham Origins. Anyone know how long this beta is going on for?

I played through Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond last night no problems whatsoever. However, today I started to play Alien Rage it feels unresponsive and like I'm sliding around. I am probably going to give the beta a break for a few hours watch some netflix and play Arkham Origins. Anyone know how long this beta is going on for?
they never really gave time frame i would guess until launch. beta has been going on since jan and then they added more people when we got our codes.

so i finally got my code and the games to choose from arent the best but i kind of dont like the rent model, id rather just pay a subscription. so far i only played lumines with no issues im going to try sniper elite and puppeteer later today.

so i finally got my code and the games to choose from arent the best but i kind of dont like the rent model, id rather just pay a subscription. so far i only played lumines with no issues im going to try sniper elite and puppeteer later today.

They changed out the games last week. I agree here I was thinking it was going to be sub base thing. Looks like ps now is nothing more then digital game renting sevice.

They have said you will get both options sure they don't have it for the beta due to not having pricing yet or anything

Sounds like it is coming to the PS4 really soon.

Now, can I use my BETA code I got a while back to try it on my PS4?

Just got a code for the PS3 beta, a little weird with the PS4 starting.  Oh well can't wait to try it out... free games are always awesome!

It's rolling out to ps4 today and tomorrow. New beta invites as well. I'm not liking the service really. Way too much loading and waiting. And when I tried Lumines it was noticeably laggy. Causing mistakes. Hopefully they can improve it because it's a really good idea.

I started with Dead Island Riptide and that was laggy but then I tried All Zombies Must Die and that played fine.
not loving the options of games right now... nothing that interests me. I had absolutely no lag playing any of the games. Tried about three, I guess since it is free I will try and platinum Ben 10 :)

So is the PS NOW only going to have ps3 games no ps4 games

Yeah they sent me a code for the PS3 as well. Sucks because I sold my PS3 last week and now I only have the PS4 and Vita. I'd post it here but I already redeemed it BEFORE I realized it was PS3 only. I was so excited I got in I just redeemed the code without really paying attention. Sucks because I'm sure they won't send me a PS4 code and there's no way to download it on the PS4.

If it's a code can anyone else use it if not why not

Last edited:
I'm playing papo and yo right now and I don't know if its my internet that's better (I recently moved and just had internet installed today) or if PS now has gotten that much better... But I am not seeing nearly as much lag or dropping as I did before. Both my internets said that I could stream at the highest possible connection... So hopefully the service is improving. Also befor I couldn't even be on Skype and now it doesn't seem to matter.

Nice I just got my PS4 beta code. Are the games different than the PS3 list right now?

Edit:
Yes they are the same games.

i wish they added games not switch games. i was in middle of couple games i never played and now can't play them.
You should still be able to access any games that you've started if you have any time remaining on the "rental" - I'm still playing Catherine. Just select My PS Now Games and you should see them under Play History or Rentals.

I got into the Beta for PS4.  Seems interesting....although, I don't know how often I'll really go back and play.  I played a bit of Sniper 2 Ghost Warrior and the graphics seemed "ok", no lag really.  I played a little bit, then I Was like....."I have MLB The Show 14 for PS4", sorry Sniper 2.....back to baseball.

bread's done
Back