GetGamesGo: Borderlands 2 GOTY ($9.99) & COD 4 ($4.99) PC/MAC

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 wankerjr

wankerjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:22 AM

Spotted these on sale at GetGamesGo.com and both games are SteamPlay giving you both the PC & Mac versions of the game:

Borderlands 2 GOTY

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

Yes they are Steam keys.

#2 sofakingeasy

sofakingeasy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

I saw it said Mac so I disregarded it. Are you sure I can use the BL2 for PC?

#3 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

I saw it said Mac so I disregarded it. Are you sure I can use the BL2 for PC?

BL2 is SteamPlay, so yes.
Burn all the babies!

#4 midloo

midloo

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

Worked perfectly, though I did have to create an account with this site.  Blarg.  

Still, I've been waiting for this price and this was the first I had seen it.  Thanks OP!

Posted Image

#5 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

Spotted these on sale at GetGamesGo.com and both games are SteamPlay giving you both the PC & Mac versions of the game:

Borderlands 2 GOTY

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

Yes they are Steam keys.

But most importantly - Steam-versions of BL2 + COD4: MW do indeed support STEAMPLAY.

Not all Steam-versions of games support Steamplay, remember.

Steamplay = Register this Steam-version key onto Steam (from 3rd party seller) or buy the Steam-version directly through Steam itself; then you'll AT LEAST get both Windows version + Mac versions of the game.

Sometimes, they might even also support Linux - you'd have to look onto a game's pages on the Steam-Store to see if it ALSO includes Linux, if you're looking for also Linux support on a title.

If you see a game is offered a Steam-version key from some site (like Gamersgate, GetGamesGo, Amazon DVG, etc) - ALWAYS check its page on Steam to see if it supports SteamPlay. That way, it don't matter if you buy a certain version (like Mac or Windows) - as long as it's a Steam-version supporting Steamplay, you'll get every version Steamplay supports for it listed on its Steam-page.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#6 DI4bL0z

DI4bL0z

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

bought the COD4, thanks alot OP! :)

#7 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:56 PM

Thanks OP, snagged BL2 GOTY

#8 stryk187

stryk187

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

I bought the Borderlands 2 GOTY and can confirm that it installs and plays fine. I don't have a Mac to test it on, but on PC it works flawlessly.

PSN / Xbox Live / Steam / Nintendo Network - stryk187

ach.png

#9 kilenem

kilenem

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:43 AM

Works great for me but I thought borderlands 2 goty would have all the DLC I was mistaken

#10 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:59 AM

Works great for me but I thought borderlands 2 goty would have all the DLC I was mistaken

Nope.

Even so-called "Complete Editions" or "Ultimate Editions" don't always contains everything - just like Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box.

PC version of that is missing Big Surf Island (that was never released here); and some other DLC that later got console release got released even later on PC.

Always worth researching what editions come w/ what...and what they don't come with.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#11 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

It has all of the DLC including that found in the Collector's Edition and Season Pass.. http://borderlands.w...2:_GOTY_Edition

#12 stryk187

stryk187

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

It has all of the DLC including that found in the Collector's Edition and Season Pass.. http://borderlands.w...2:_GOTY_Edition

It's missing the second Ultimate Vault hunter pack, which is an extra $5 DLC if you want to get to the absolute max level and play the challenge maps that come in that pack.

PSN / Xbox Live / Steam / Nintendo Network - stryk187

ach.png

#13 kilenem

kilenem

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

I thought it would have levels pack number and all of he skins and heads

#14 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

Still, I've been waiting for this price and this was the first I had seen it.  Thanks OP!

It was $8.75 from Nuuvem previously.

I thought it would have levels pack number and all of he skins and heads

The GOTY came out before all the DLC was even released. The final HH pack doesn't come out until 4/15.
Burn all the babies!

#15 VALikimlav

VALikimlav

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

I just bought Call of Duty 4 and it worked for me on a PC.

Would have gotten Borderlands if it wasn't so boring.

#16 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:46 AM

Is there still an online population for COD4? What about cheaters?

Follow me on Twitter @NefariousMike

#17 kilenem

kilenem

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:35 AM

It was $8.75 from Nuuvem previously.

The GOTY came out before all the DLC was even released. The final HH pack doesn't come out until 4/15.

The GOTY doesn't have the Digistuck peek, the skins and Head DLC that came out before the game of the year edition.

#18 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

The GOTY doesn't have the Digistuck peek, the skins and Head DLC that came out before the game of the year edition.

This I'm aware of.
Burn all the babies!

#19 kilenem

kilenem

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

This I'm aware of.

Why did you mention the head hunters packs then

#20 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

I didn't mention the DLC after the GOTY release was because I linked the wiki article to the GOTY edition which mentions it. Sorry for the confusion guys.