MLB 14: The Show (PS3 & PS4) - Closing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanksfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
I am not going to be keeping up with the league at this point. The online is still too laggy for me to enjoy playing a sport that requires such precision timing. If someone wants to pick up the reigns for the PS4 league since there seems to be a lot of interest, please do so. I am going to update the OP with this message as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll give this a go. I'm only getting the Vita version until the PS4 version comes out, so put me down for the Nationals on the PS4.

I'd be okay with short seasons and quick counts as well.

PSN - chriscolbert

I'm probably going to get either a ps3 or vita version for now and then a ps4 once it comes outs. Texas rangers but I can also switch to the dodgers.

Add me to PS4 list Matt. I would like to be the Mets but if everyone is playing AL teams I think I'll likely take the Orioles. (Or maybe royals )

Add me to PS4 list Matt. I would like to be the Mets but if everyone is playing AL teams I think I'll likely take the Orioles. (Or maybe royals )
I was hoping you would join. ;)

I'll put you down as Mets/Orioles for now. I am hoping we can restructure divisions, as then I could propose making some alterations to increase the number of human vs human games. But it will be a group decision.

If it ends up making more sense to use AL teams, I'm down with the Tribe!

But hopefully enough will join up to balance things out.
Thanks for flexibility. I think we will be ok though after looking at it. I don't mind switching to the Cubs if we need it since I will be playing as the Yanks in the PS3 league. If I do that, we would have 3 NL teams.

You and captain in PS3 makes it very attractive. I wish they were doing the PS3/4 upgrade for this. It's a sony first party game, I don't know why they
Wouldn't offer that

My gut tells me they will end up doing something at the last minute. It is surprising they haven't offered any discount for buying at least the ps3 and Vita versions together like they have in the past. I predict a $20 ps3 to ps4 upgrade.

The past couple years they've done a buy PS3 and Vita together for something like $80. I'm not sure if it was retailer specific, or Sony promoted.

I'd be up for joining for PS3, I already joined a league for PS4 on operations sports so not sure if I want to commit to another league. 

How long do you expect the PS3 league to last? I honestly doubt I'll be playing the PS3 version once the PS4 comes out?

Also for PS4 do you plan to use OSFM rosters for PS4? They should be out close to launch.

I'd be up for joining for PS3, I already joined a league for PS4 on operations sports so not sure if I want to commit to another league.

How long do you expect the PS3 league to last? I honestly doubt I'll be playing the PS3 version once the PS4 comes out?

Also for PS4 do you plan to use OSFM rosters for PS4? They should be out close to launch.
You're welcome to join the PS3 one and bow out when you need to. I plan on trying to commit to both as long as the online play itself is decent.

I do plan on using OSFM as a matter of fact. Best rosters out. :D

You're welcome to join the PS3 one and bow out when you need to. I plan on trying to commit to both as long as the online play itself is decent.

I do plan on using OSFM as a matter of fact. Best rosters out. :D
For PS4 if I'd join I'd like to use the Cubs...not because I'm working on them for OSFM. :whistle2:

For PS3 I'll have to see, I'll be a bit busy during the first month, but I do want to try out online franchise before the PS4 version comes out.

Ha nice, so we're gonna get schooled then since you're pretty hardcore. ;)

Did you mean PS3 in your post above, or are you considering joining PS4 as well?

Edit - Gotcha, saw your addition now.

I guess with the way cross-saves work, OSFM rosters should be in great shape by the time the PS4 version comes out, which will be awesome.

I'm correct in assuming that, right?

Ha nice, so we're gonna get schooled then since you're pretty hardcore. ;)

Did you mean PS3 in your post above, or are you considering joining PS4 as well?

Edit - Gotcha, saw your addition now.
Not really as it pertains to playing the game. I've been beat pretty bad online against some of the more dedicated players. I did get ranked pretty high in Diamond Dynasty, but that may have more to do with managing my team/funds well.

I've barely played leagues before so I have no idea how it really goes.

I'll have to see how demanding the other PS4 league I'm in will be, they haven't really set any ground rules yet.

Well, in full disclosure, I am terrible at playing. I mean really, really awful. I mainly just mess around with simulation too.

I'll join the PS4 group. 

Not sure of the team yet - I'm a Yankees fan, so if you take the Cubs... LOL

If not the Yankees, I'd be ok with the Dodgers or Tigers

psn - cusemanKeith

On PS4, assuming V4oldboy joins, he will take Cubs and I will take the Yankees. If he doesn't, Cubs will be mine and I will give ya the Yanks. For now, I will mark you down for LA.

OK, I'll commit and join the league for PS4 with the Cubs. Do you have any idea yet of how long seasons might be or how you want to set the league up?

Why is the ps4 version coming a month after?
They aren't a big dev team and The Show is not a huge market game so they are probably very limited on resources compared to other AAA games. They needed the extra time. This happened last time where the first PS3 version came out in May, except that time the last gen vesion still game out in its normal window. This time both versions were delayed. One month for PS3, two for PS4.

I've done madden and nhl leagues... I guess I throw my hand in, not the greatest but like playing with a community like this at CAG.

I'll take the lowly Rockies for PS4

If there does end up being interest in a PS3 league, I'd want the Nationals.  But since y'all have picked AL teams, if you want me to choose an AL team, give me the Californ- uhh, Anaheim Ang- uhh, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

My gut tells me they will end up doing something at the last minute. It is surprising they haven't offered any discount for buying at least the ps3 and Vita versions together like they have in the past. I predict a $20 ps3 to ps4 upgrade.
Well, it's not officially through Sony, but I sorta called this one...[attachment=4074:image.jpg]

I just saw the video on quick counts, and I love it. I might even use player lock for an offline season. Create a super dude and play only as him. With quick counts though, this could be the first year I finish a full 162 game season without simming 160 games.

I think we should start off without prior injuries so that everyone has a full team, and no one loses their all stat phenom starting pitcher to Tommy John surgery, or their closer to elbow ligament tears, before our season starts. I have absolutely no incentive to suggest that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back