limited game

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 otgkhan

otgkhan

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:47 AM

I searched and it seems it's not posted here yet. This is being produced in limited run of 5000 units and available exclusively from Bethesda store. International shipping is available.

http://store.bethsof...nd-edition.html

Edit: As Wario mentioned, it does not come with the game.

370x370xgame-ce-wolf-neworder-full.jpg.p

#2 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:50 AM

It doesn't come with the game

#3 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:53 AM

It doesn't come with the game

Buy the game on clearance....

#4 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:12 AM

No game, bad deal IMO. Is anyone really that into Wolfienstein to pay $100 for a few pieces of paper and a statue? I doubt they will even sell 5k.

#5 jedex

jedex

Elite Chemist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:14 AM

In for 5000

#6 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:15 AM

No game? Really lolz... Funny.

#7 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:19 AM

A video game CE without the game? Is this a first? That's pretty dumb...

#8 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:20 AM

Apparently people aren't familiar with Treehouse. 

Keep the "lolz" coming. All their LE stuff sells out eventually. The only exception I can think of is the Forza paddock edition.

Mass Effect Watches? yep. Dead Space Dev Team? yep. Dead Space Watches? yep. Kingdoms of Amaulr CE's? yep.

Yet every time a thread was created for those things we got the same cracker jack responses.

#9 cannon

cannon

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:20 AM

People don't seem to understand: It's a $160 CE being split to allow anyone to get it. (It's cheaper if you have patience to get the game).

The idea behind this is that you aren't locked into a region or platform by them, they don't stuff retailers with a clearance item, and they don't get into the issue of making it for a few platforms in a few regions and guess wrong about who wanted it enough. They are trying to make a collector's edition that all countries can get, rather than one country or region getting better stuff than another, if at all. This way, no one misses out on the stuff they made.

That said, I don't want it.

#10 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:21 AM

100 bucks for a small toy and some paper stuff

Shut up and take my money!

#11 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:29 AM

i'd consider it if it came with the game, sadly no dice

596772.png

#12 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:29 AM

I've been going back and forth on this as I'm a sucker for collector editions. I'll probably grab it but I was also debating the Wolfenstein Signed Art Book. Only 500 and $40.

Does anyone know if you are charged when you place an order or do they just run an authorization hold?

#13 NolbertoS

NolbertoS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:31 AM

So $160 for a CE literally. I'll await for clearance prices then
Circuit City shall burn in Hell

#14 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:36 AM

People seem to forget this is exactly what the DEAD SPACE 3 LE Dev Edition was. Same price. Same idea.

No game and it likely wont even be factory sealed like the DS3 LE.

However 5000 is a low run. If the game is even half decent itll hold good value down the road. Ill probably put down for 1.

#15 rieper

rieper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:46 AM

That junk toy, er I meant "figurine" looks like something out of a cracker jack box. ID Software hasn't made a good game since the original Quake. Even their own founder Carmack quit and left the company. Fuck outta here with this overpriced crap.

This is CHEAP ASS GAMER Hot Deals forum. People forget that sometimes..

Posted Image

#16 Gscept

Gscept

Gamer Afficionado!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:46 AM

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions. ... as I'm looking at all my other CE's I think I can make room for one more. Ugh my pockets hurt.

To all my Sig. Haters!!!
Xbox.360GSCEPTER.png

***Plus 1100+ on PS3 BF3

300+PC

#17 laundrymatt

laundrymatt

PS3 Case Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:51 AM

That junk toy, er I meant "figurine" looks like something out of a cracker jack box. ID Software hasn't made a good game since the original Quake. Even their own founder Carmack quit and left the company. Fuck outta here with this overpriced crap.

This is CHEAP ASS GAMER Hot Deals forum. People forget that sometimes..

Where do you see Hot Deals at? This aint SlickDeals. Why do you feel the need to comment if you dont want it? This is a HOT DEAL to some people, the ones who understand that once it sells out (which it will, no matter what your feelings are), eBay is your only option for double the price.

Reminder to self: Borderlands PreSequel Group: Complete; R:Me(host),Shig, P:ProfStotch,BluBlue; Oct14 P#2032

laundrymatt77.png

"There's no law against stupid, I'm the one guy who says don't force stupid people to be quiet. I want to know who the morons are." - Mark Cuban

#18 cannon

cannon

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:54 AM

I'd say this is a hot deal for people who want Wolfenstein CE at a discount. Buy this 1/5000 CE at launch since its a real limited run, then wait as long as you want to get your copy of the game. Whether that's launch price, or bringing the CE down to $109.99.

#19 Zeldafanatic15

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:54 AM

Wolfenstein has an older and dedicated fan base, this will sell out. Not my thing, but that figure is very nice looking.

#20 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:57 AM

So it's a $100 Loot Crate for a game that may or may not be good that's making a return from a long dormant slumber.   Remember what happened with Duke?  If it was a proven game like Batman Arkham or Mass Effect I would do it

where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#21 cannon

cannon

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:06 AM

So it's a $100 Loot Crate for a game that may or may not be good that's making a return from a long dormant slumber.   Remember what happened with Duke?  If it was a proven game like Batman Arkham or Mass Effect I would do it

This is a sequel to the 2009 game for 360, PS3, and PC called Wolfenstein (a game that received relatively positive reviews, but commercially underperformed. The New Order is from a different studio, still under Bethesda publishing, and still acknowledges the past game, which itself was a sequel to 2001's entry).

#22 laundrymatt

laundrymatt

PS3 Case Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:07 AM

I can't speak for ME, but the Arkham series CE's have been complete shit. And Duke was a kid's game developed by Gearbox, who haven't done anything remotely decent other than Borderlands.

And, yeah, as the poster below me stated...it's all about the print run.

Reminder to self: Borderlands PreSequel Group: Complete; R:Me(host),Shig, P:ProfStotch,BluBlue; Oct14 P#2032

laundrymatt77.png

"There's no law against stupid, I'm the one guy who says don't force stupid people to be quiet. I want to know who the morons are." - Mark Cuban

#23 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:08 AM

I just recently sold a sealed Wolfenstein 3D for PC for $350. With that in mind, I'd be willing to bet that this thing will sell out.

Value hinges on quality and scarcity. If Wolfenstein scores an 85+ on Metacritic, it's likely these CEs will be worth a ton. Also remember that Duke had a huge print run (10k per platform per region - so probably well over 100k worldwide) - this is 5k total. Worldwide.

#24 rambojones90

rambojones90

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:20 AM

Collector's Editions are not my thing, but this looks pretty cool for any big fan of wolfenstein. As for review scores, I can't see this game any worse than decent ( about 7.0 ), will possibly hit around the 8.0 - 8.5 mark if executed well.  It looks to be a  'raw shooter', so mainstream reviewers may have problems with that if they are looking for something more.

#25 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:21 AM

What I meant by "proven" I meant by the game itself and not the tchotchke box.  I should have said if I was as big a fan of Wolfenstein as I was for Batman or Mass Effect I would buy it in a heartbeat.

As for value, it's not just print run it's demand for the product.

where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#26 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:30 AM

We already have a thread for this

http://www.cheapassg...erhund-edition/

#27 pittsnoggle

pittsnoggle

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:44 AM

first its a first person shooter without multiplayer than a collectors edition without the game. what the hell is going on

690810.png

#28 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

I've been going back and forth on this as I'm a sucker for collector editions. I'll probably grab it but I was also debating the Wolfenstein Signed Art Book. Only 500 and $40.

Does anyone know if you are charged when you place an order or do they just run an authorization hold?

My credit card was charged.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#29 laundrymatt

laundrymatt

PS3 Case Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

What I meant by "proven" I meant by the game itself and not the tchotchke box.  I should have said if I was as big a fan of Wolfenstein as I was for Batman or Mass Effect I would buy it in a heartbeat.

As for value, it's not just print run it's demand for the product.

True, demands gotta be there. But Wolfenstein is pretty proven in my eyes, proven enough to sell out 5k. I'm sure people aren't eyeing the box, moreso the steelbook and statue.

laundrymatt77.png

#30 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:46 AM

My credit card was charged.

I figured based on the wording on the website but wasn't 100% sure. Thanks.