• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 DS9

DS9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:01 AM

It doesn't come with the game

Doesn't matter, its limited and pwoplw buy iy thinking it will be worth $1000 in 20 years. This will sell and sell well to stupid people who don't care for prices and will support this stuff in the industry.

#32 otgkhan

otgkhan

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:02 AM

I bought. But they fracking charged me $50 for shipping to Canada. I have a Dead Space 3 Dev Team edition collector's box too and was happy with the quality of stuff that came in it. The Black Marker statue in that one was pretty cool. I do agree with others that if the game was included it would not have been selling for $100 the price would easily be $150+ then.

I also like this trend from Tree house games of selling the collector's edition without the game. I recently bought the Dark Souls 2 collector's edition and am dealing with the dilemma of selling the game (as I will not play it) with or without the steelbook (as selling it open box will mean I won't even get $50 for it).

#33 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:06 AM

IMHO. better with game.

#34 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:13 AM

first its a first person shooter without multiplayer

Bioshock was perfectly fine without multiplayer - when they added it for the sequel, how many people bothered to play it for more than a week? You want to guess how many millions of dollars were spent developing that? I think the Wolfenstein team made the right decision.

#35 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:35 AM

Bioshock was perfectly fine without multiplayer - when they added it for the sequel, how many people bothered to play it for more than a week? You want to guess how many millions of dollars were spent developing that? I think the Wolfenstein team made the right decision.

I agree, a FPS that doesn't rely on Double XP MP weekends is refreshing. while if they focused on MP it'd kill the nostalgia as it never was about playing with others, it was killing AI Nazi's.

#36 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:38 AM

I agree, a FPS that doesn't rely on Double XP MP weekends is refreshing. while if they focused on MP it'd kill the nostalgia as it never was about playing with others, it was killing AI Nazi's.

I would disagree... I don't play a lot of MP but logged a ton of hours in Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC) while in college.

#37 exileinoblivion

exileinoblivion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:13 AM

Does Bethesda charge you instantly? I'll have cash by the time it releases but funds are tight right now.

#38 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:16 AM

Does Bethesda charge you instantly? I'll have cash by the time it releases but funds are tight right now.

Yeah, unfortunately they do.

#39 exileinoblivion

exileinoblivion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:20 AM

Yeah, unfortunately they do.

Bummer, I just noticed that on the product page too that they charge the total amount at time of purchase. Well let's hope this holds out a little closer to release.

#40 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:31 AM

Are there any free shipping coupons? The shipping on this site is outrageous. 

"Some of the concept art collected here has not been sanitized, so we are unable to ship this item to Germany, Switzerland, or Austria."

Land of oppression... Seriously, do the people living in these places ever get tired of their governments telling them what they should be reading, watching, and hearing? 

#41 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:31 AM

Nice that they limited this to 5k but this game looks like shit. I see nothing new about it and graphically it looks last gen. I can't believe all these studios closing and the budgets going out of control and here we are still getting games like this. Unreal. I sure hope it's better than the Youtube videos are showing. It's only selling point seems to be a Doom beta. Whee.

#42 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:32 AM

I would disagree... I don't play a lot of MP but logged a ton of hours in Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC) while in college.

Of course, You would.

#43 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:38 AM

Of course, You would.

Well IIRC RtoCW was one of the biggest online MP games during those years (PC) so kind of silly to say Wolfenstein games aren't known for online MP

Are there any free shipping coupons? The shipping on this site is outrageous. 

No. For someone that likes to constantly boast about what they resell how do you not know about THBS?

#44 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:48 AM

Well IIRC RtoCW was one of the biggest online MP games during those years (PC) so kind of silly to say Wolfenstein games aren't known for online MP

No. For someone that likes to constantly boast about what they resell how do you not know about THBS?

They typically don't sell anything worth buying. I'm only buying one artbook here. Sure, the other thing has potential as a flip, but it's not a fast flip; it's not fast money. So I don't care about it. I flip things I can make money on within a week. Plus, even if this thing sells on eBay, there's no way the profit after their $23 shipping, eBay's fees, and my own shipping, would be worth my time, and the loss of money for two months. The Dev Team Edition was a good flip because it was still in stock while the idiots on eBay were buying it, plus it had free shipping, or really cheap shipping (I don't remember which). 

I'll keep an eye on it, and if I can pay for it with other people's money through paypal, I'll buy a few. If not, I don't care. Shipping kills the flip, for the most part. If you want to buy a few to sit on though, by all means. I see much better flip-worthy items all over the place though. None of which I'll tell anyone about though. The less people on eBay and Amazon the better...

#45 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

Do you even play games, or are you only here to flip stuff?  Cause that is all you ever post about.

Average Peter post: "I'm not getting this cause _______________ and I can't flip that"

Proceeded by 2 or 3 posts defending what you do.  Repeat next CE or limited thing.  Gets old.

#46 jedex

jedex

Elite Chemist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

Just got the CE, art book and the game through best buy and I don't worry about price bc I'm a elite chemist ;)

#47 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

RtCW was the goat multiplayer FPS

I'm looking forward to this game, but I'd be really excited if they announced a new MP wolfenstein game as well

#48 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

Any statue enthusiast care to comment on the quality of the figure? I think it is more detailed than average, but would be nice if it was copper or metal.

Hopefully we get a good SP shooter this time around, SP shooters with a good story campaign is hard to come by these days. Of course I am biased as I never play MP shooters  :-

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#49 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

When referring nostalgia immediately you go to 2, I was talking about the original.

#50 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

I can't speak for ME, but the Arkham series CE's have been complete shit. And Duke was a kid's game developed by Gearbox, who haven't done anything remotely decent other than Borderlands.

And, yeah, as the poster below me stated...it's all about the print run.

I thought both the Arkham City and Origins Collectors editions were great. The only complaint I had on City was no actual game case for the game.

#51 ghost1914

ghost1914

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

Think you would have to be a huge fan of the game to want this and I don't hear many people talk about this series these days. If it came with the game at $125 i would bite but not buying just cause it can be valuable since i am not a huge fan or anything.

#52 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

A video game CE without the game? Is this a first? That's pretty dumb...

What about art books? T-shirts? Figures? Soundtracks? And so on? Do you complain about those not having the game with them also? No because those are just supplemental extra material for fans of that game to buy optionally if they so chose and this is no different at all.

Dont want? Dont buy it. It really is that simple.

And no it isnt a first because dead space 3 had something exactly like this and it didnt come with a game either.

#53 JakeM17

JakeM17

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

Just think of it as a $160 CE.

#54 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

It has a steelbook, so I'm down for it by default. I also love the setting and the fiction of Wolfenstein, so I will dig this. I'll just buy the game when it hits $20 in a couple of months lol.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#55 rambojones90

rambojones90

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

Any statue enthusiast care to comment on the quality of the figure? I think it is more detailed than average, but would be nice if it was copper or metal.

Hopefully we get a good SP shooter this time around, SP shooters with a good story campaign is hard to come by these days. Of course I am biased as I never play MP shooters  :-

Yeah, if it doesn't pull through, there is The Order 1886

#56 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

Why is this tagged as 'game'?

#57 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:26 AM