Spend $15+ on XBL, get FREE $5 Xbox Gift Card @ multiple retailers

Dund3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Free $5 Digital Gift Card for Xbox Live when you spend $15 or more on Xbox Live and upload your receipt to your phone by texting "XBOX LIVE" to 30364.

Follow the Best Buy link here for full details. 

UPDATE: This appears to be part of a larger Xbox promotion called 'Get the Most With Xbox Live'.  The free gift card part of the promotion spans multiple retailers, not just Best Buy.

Full promotional details from Xbox here.

3. Timing: The Promotion begins on March 29, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on May 31, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.

4.a.i. Purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox Gift Card: During the Promotion Period, purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox gift card (for $15 or more) from a retail location (online purchases are not eligible) ("Qualified Purchase") and take a picture of your receipt ("Receipt"). Then, during the Promotion Period, visit https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost (the "Website") complete and submit the registration form, and upload the image of your receipt. After Sponsor verifies your receipt, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. The receipt image must not exceed five (5) MB in size and must be in a .jpg format.

5. Special Offer: For each Receipt for a Qualified Purchase that is uploaded at https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost with a completed registration form, and which is verified by Sponsor, you will receive a $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code. Limit: Ten (10) $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Codes per person and email address. Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code will be sent via email approximately four (4) days after the receipt has been uploaded.

NOTE: Qualified Purchase’s Receipt must be dated within the Promotion Period. The $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code expires December 31, 2014. Winner must REDEEM and SPEND the promotional value according to the terms and conditions and the expiration dates that are provided. See www.microsoft.com/giftcard for more information. Code valid for eligible purchases (exclusions apply) at select Microsoft online stores. Offer good only to U.S. residents who are not employed by government agencies or other entities and organizations that prohibit employees from receiving gifts for personal use. This offer is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash. It ends on May 31, 2014 Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Any issues regarding gift card eligibility will be resolved by Microsoft using its sole discretion. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, change, or suspend this offer at any time without notice.

rc8o3k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad the details are a bit vague.

Damnit, I'm too old for someone to hand hold me through a deal. 

I don't suppose anyone else has more details on this?

If it only applies to Xbox live then I might pass...typically don't pay more then $40 for a whole year anyhow. 

Too bad the details are a bit vague.

Damnit, I'm too old for someone to hand hold me through a deal.

I don't suppose anyone else has more details on this?

If it only applies to Xbox live then I might pass...typically don't pay more then $40 for a whole year anyhow.
We've been discussing this in the other thread. It's very vague and that's why I haven't bit on it yet. Looks like it works on Live currency too, I think it's only one $5 per $15 spent (but again vague), texting it doesn't get you any help yet just a 5% off at the MS store.

I like this thread better than the other one. I mean...

1.  It was up first 

2.  It has a picture on the deal.

What more could you want.

I was going to do a third thread myself but this on has it down so no need.

Do I have to spend $15 on XBox stuff at Best Buy, or do I have to buy digital stuff on XBL...?

Uhhh, nvm the wording makes it sound like you have to purchase stuff on actual content  ON the XBox itself, but I figured it out lol.

Why are instant email codes down. T_T

I eagerly await some figuring out exactly what we have to do because i cant figure out if i need to spend $15 at bestbuy on xbl points or on xbox live itself.

I eagerly await some figuring out exactly what we have to do because i cant figure out if i need to spend $15 at bestbuy on xbl points or on xbox live itself.
It's definitely at BBY because you have to text a photo of your receipt (presumably to MS) to get the $5 credit.

Wish this wasn't so vague.

Do I spend my current Xbox cash?

Do I purchase at bestbuy and then text the code?

Do I purchase at bestbuy, spend the cash and then text the code?

If this works to the way I'm thinking--just buy a $15 XBL Card from Best Buy & pick up the receipt? If so, gonna pick up the Titanfall map pass through this route

Just when I think MS takes the cake for stupidly pointless hoops to jump through with their "print out this origami cake, make it, shove it up your arse, take a pic, then show us on Twitter and we'll say 'Happy Birthday' to you", they go and do something like this.

When I read this, the "Spend $15 on XBOX Live get $5 back" translates to what would have been 2 years ago "Spend 1200 points on XBOX Live get 400 back", but I guess now it means to buy prepaid cards?  They've never considered buying cards as spending, but rather as a fund funnel.  Spending was redeeming on Live for games/movies/avatar gear.

I'm sure I'm reading it wrong, but in a larger way, they're writing it wrong.

Just when I think MS takes the cake for stupidly pointless hoops to jump through with their "print out this origami cake, make it, shove it up your arse, take a pic, then show us on Twitter and we'll say 'Happy Birthday' to you", they go and do something like this.

When I read this, the "Spend $15 on XBOX Live get $5 back" translates to what would have been 2 years ago "Spend 1200 points on XBOX Live get 400 back", but I guess now it means to buy prepaid cards? They've never considered buying cards as spending, but rather as a fund funnel. Spending was redeeming on Live for games/movies/avatar gear.

I'm sure I'm reading it wrong, but in a larger way, they're writing it wrong.
I think the idea is that it's set up like a mail in rebate. Make the slightest impedance to someone cashing in on your offer and enough people won't that it pays off while making it seem like you're running a great promo.

I texted that and I got a message saying 'Thank you for texting in but you've already received this offer'

I did the same just now and got the same response.

I would expect this to be updated at some point to either make it work or clarify or something.

Hmmmm so is Tomb Raider worth $20? Id buy enough to get $15 worth! Then maybe buy PVZ Garden Warfare, unless something better?

Did you guys who texted the number actually send a picture or no? I'm wondering if we could just fool the system and send a picture of any BB receipt haha

I just checked out the Ryse Edition $15 Microsoft currency and it links back to the $5 GC promotion. So now I'm back to being vaguely interested but not willing to be the first to do it. 

I need excuses to keep my XB1.

I do need some XBL currency but like people are saying: we need more details as it's too vague on how to claim this offer.

I'm planning to do the max since it's limit 10. $150 for $200 is not bad.

I just bought three 25.00 cards on Friday on one transaction and 15.00 on another. Does this mean they'll give me 5.00 for each 15.00 I spent or..?

I just bought three 25.00 cards on Friday on one transaction and 15.00 on another. Does this mean they'll give me 5.00 for each 15.00 I spent or..?
My assumption until further clarification is that it's one $5 per receipt with at least $15 spent. There's also no dates on the promo so maybe something from Friday will count but we won't know for sure until someone tries or they put some dates on it.

Yeah I am with everyone else I hope clarification comes soon, I have about $200 credit at BBY and already have like $$285 on my XBL account but if I can make more I always will haha

*Free promo code offer good with $15 or more Retail purchase of an Xbox Live Gold membership or Xbox gift card. Limit ten (10) $5 promotional codes per person and Xbox Live Gamertag, while supplies last.

This is from the web page

Yeah the way it reads "retail purchase" makes me think it can be from any store that sell point cards or membership cards then you just upload a pic of your reciept.

rc8o3k.jpg

After this screen if lets you upload your receipt and lets you select BBY, Walmart, Target, GS or "Other Retailer".  So as long as they're licensed by MS to sell XBL credit it sounds like you'll be OK.

"5. Special Offer: For each Receipt for a Qualified Purchase that is uploaded at https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost with a completed registration form, and which is verified by Sponsor, you will receive a $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code. Limit: Ten (10) $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Codes per person and email address. Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code will be sent via email approximately four (4) days after the receipt has been uploaded. 
NOTE: Qualified Purchase’s Receipt must be dated within the Promotion Period. The $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code expires December 31, 2014. Winner must REDEEM and SPEND the promotional value according to the terms and conditions and the expiration dates that are provided. See www.microsoft.com/giftcard for more information. Code valid for eligible purchases (exclusions apply) at select Microsoft online stores. Offer good only to U.S. residents who are not employed by government agencies or other entities and organizations that prohibit employees from receiving gifts for personal use. This offer is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash. It ends on May 31, 2014 Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Any issues regarding gift card eligibility will be resolved by Microsoft using its sole discretion. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, change, or suspend this offer at any time without notice."
So it looks like any purchase made from today through the end of May qualifies for it.

Edit- Just got an email about this from registering and it mentions "You can submit up to 10 receipts-- that's $50 in Xbox Gift Card digital codes! "  So definitely one $5 code per receipt regardless of how much you spend.

bread's done
Back