$5 Xbox gift card for every $15 spent on xbox live @best buy

Darthlain18

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Just saw this while snooping through best buy to pick up dk.

A good deal If you were looking to buy any credit anyway!
Says up to 10 per customer/gamertag
Text "xbox live" to 30364 then Snap a picture of your receipt and send it in!
You'll get a 5% off purchase code for MS for joining as well. So it seems this is a MS funded promo

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xbox-360/xbox-360-live/abcat0701012.c?id=abcat0701012

Somebody please post a picture if you don't mind! I'm on my phone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a really good deal. Gonna tell my friend about this since he was planning on buying some credit anyway. Thanks!

Great deal, basically 25% off if you buy a bunch of $15 cards.  Ooo, just remembered I have some RZ certs too.

Edit- Also consider that 10% is the highest you usually see on straight credit and those sales are fairly rare.

I only got a 5% off coupon to the MS store when I followed the texting directions.  Did anyone get this to work?

Sorry maybe because it is late, I don't get the wording.

You get a $5 digital GC if you spend $15 on xbox live?  So meaning you buy a one year $60 xbox live card you get $20 back?  

Needs to be on xbox live and not xbox credit to get credit, right?

I only got a 5% off coupon to the MS store when I followed the texting directions. Did anyone get this to work?
Ya I texted just to see how it would work and it signed me up for a MS store alert list and gave me a 5% code. No other directions.

All the instant delivery codes for credit on BB website seem to be unavailable as well.

I only got a 5% off coupon to the MS store when I followed the texting directions. Did anyone get this to work?
Same, was hoping to get some more info about it.

You get a $5 digital GC if you spend $15 on xbox live? So meaning you buy a one year $60 xbox live card you get $20 back?

That's what it sounds like on first read but I think it's just one $5 per purchase if the total is over $15. So you would have to make multiple $15 purchases to get multiple $5. That's what I'm getting from rereading it.

All the instant delivery codes for credit on BB website seem to be unavailable as well.

Found it terribly ironic that they were only available for in store. :rofl:

You get a $5 digital GC if you spend $15 on xbox live? So meaning you buy a one year $60 xbox live card you get $20 back?

Link has Xbox Live currency cards in it so I assume they apply to.

All I can gather is that it's per $15. I couldn't find anything saying it has to be broken up. Also you have to upload (text) a picture to the number it seems. I'll update the OP and title. Seems to be a MS funded promo.

All I can gather is that it's per $15. I couldn't find anything saying it has to be broken up. Also you have to upload (text) a picture to the number it seems. I'll update the OP and title. Seems to be a MS funded promo.
I'm going off that it says "free $5 digital gift card for Xbox Live when you spend $15 or more on Xbox Live" and nothing about per $15 spent. Implies that you're only getting one whether you spend $15 or $150 in the same transaction.

I'm going off that it says "free $5 digital gift card for Xbox Live when you spend $15 or more on Xbox Live" and nothing about per $15 spent. Implies that you're only getting one whether you spend $15 or $150 in the same transaction.
It would seem you're right I misread! Thanks. We need a guinea pig! Volunteers? >:D

OT why did BBY issue me one big $35 certificate when I have it set to $5? Can't use it on this deal now. :roll:
There is a silver lining to the massive $35 Reward Zone Certificate. You can use it on a purchase that is $35 or more and because of the way Best Buy treats the certificates as a discount, you will only owe tax on the reduced amount. Depending on the tax rate in your state, this will potentially save you a couple more dollars. :)

There is a silver lining to the massive $35 Reward Zone Certificate. You can use it on a purchase that is $35 or more and because of the way Best Buy treats the certificates as a discount, you will only owe tax on the reduced amount. Depending on the tax rate in your state, this will potentially save you a couple more dollars. :)
Yeah, but I think he meant it would be a waste on this deal especially if it's $5 each transaction over $15 instead of $5 per $15 spent. He'd lose out on an extra $5 GC

Well yeah, and I will buy something big soon enough so it's just inconvenient when if I had seven $5 certs I could have applied those all to the same purchase with the same result.

bread's done
Back