Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - Wii U for $40 FS at bestbuy and amazon

syrdiman

CAGiversary!
I found it for 40$ with free shipping and some tax with both sites. Although, you might be able to get it for cheaper ( Ithink around 30$) with the GCU membership with Bestbuy, but you'll have to comment and let everyone know if it applies to that.

Bestbuy link

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-nintendo-wii-u/9585145.p?id=1219030915627&skuId=9585145

Amazon link

http://www.amazon.com/Donkey-Kong-Country-Tropical-Freeze-Nintendo/dp/B00DC7O77A/ref=sr_1_1?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=Xx540LfiEeOm0KYqsUvgHA65vB_aT--3_0_0_0&ie=UTF8&qid=1396163113&sr=8-1&keywords=donkey+kong+wii+u

Last edited by a moderator:
Potential stuff here. Brb researching before bed

edit: people who want the luigi wiimote or a ps4 camera/controller would benefit from this.

bought the game itself. thanks OP.

hammertime-o.gif

Good price on Tropical Freeze.  I wonder if Nintendo games are finally going to come down from their pricing this generation.  There have been some good sales on Wii U games in the last year. 

Good price on Tropical Freeze. I wonder if Nintendo games are finally going to come down from their pricing this generation. There have been some good sales on Wii U games in the last year.
No. Not first party aka Mario at least. Can't find Super Mario 3D World for under 50 new and it's been out since late last year.

No. Not first party aka Mario at least. Can't find Super Mario 3D World for under 50 new and it's been out since late last year.
It's only been out a few months though. Wonderful 101 is like 20 bucks. Zelda WW is 40. Wii Fit U with meter and balance board is $54.

In general I agree though, Nintendo is trying their typical strategy of keeping prices high. It doesn't seem to be working that well this time around with their low sales.

It's only been out a few months though. Wonderful 101 is like 20 bucks. Zelda WW is 40. Wii Fit U with meter and balance board is $54.

In general I agree though, Nintendo is trying their typical strategy of keeping prices high. It doesn't seem to be working that well this time around with their low sales.
w101 is clearance and 2nd party. Zelda was released over a decade ago and its a rippoff at that price. Wii Fit U was free if you registered it months ago

w101 is clearance and 2nd party. Zelda was released over a decade ago and its a rippoff at that price. Wii Fit U was free if you registered it months ago
What's your point, are you saying that these Nintendo games will never go down in price below 40 because Nintendo even though sales are shit?

Im debating between this at $39.99 new (using amazon credit) or about $31.xx used from GS (using GS credit). They have it at $44.99 used and with birthday coupon and PUR it will be 31.xx plus tax.

Good price on Tropical Freeze. I wonder if Nintendo games are finally going to come down from their pricing this generation. There have been some good sales on Wii U games in the last year.
Nope. That won't happen. Lol

Remember the prices of these Wii games after a few months? Punchout, Excitebots, Metroid: Other M, and the Gamecube remakes are just a few I can recall.

Can you use ONLY a pro controller on DKC, or does it have random touch moments like Mario 3d?
You can use the gamepad, but there's absolutely no touch stuff in any of the levels. I believe that the gamepad even turns off entirely during gameplay. But it works entirely with the pro controller.

Can you use ONLY a pro controller on DKC, or does it have random touch moments like Mario 3d?
The game does not use the game pad during gameplay at all. (surprisingly) You can play the game on the game pad (when the TV is off) as you can with every other WiiU game, but that's it.

with the low demand of the wii u they cant keep up there usual bs strategy of keeping games at msrp for 5+ years lol. they need to shift more software ya know and sales help

Mario 3D World has been under $50 a few times. It was $40 at Target last month and $9.98 at BJ's Wholesale around 4 weeks ago.
ok target one time and it was the only time it was that cheap and your other reference to bj wholesale doesn't even count since bj is clearance out most there game departments at stores. and there a big different between a sale and a store getting rid of a department within it stores.

I'm glad people are able to get it cheaper but it appears this was not a big seller which makes me sad.
Wut?

"Nintendo reports that both the Wii U and 3DS increased in sales over February of last year; the Wii U grew by 180% and the 3DS by 25%.

Nintendo attributes increased sales of the Wii U in the US to the success of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Nintendo's follow-up to their popular platformer Donkey Kong Country Returns sold 130,000 copies (including digital and physical sales) [during its first 8 days of release], and it was the number four best-selling SKU for February."

Source- Gamespot.com

For a system not doing too hot in sales, that doesn't sound very bad to me.

Oh cool, another twenty year old series...
Oh cool, the same twenty four year old Nintendo hater posting. Seriously, 24 years old. I really thought you were about 12 with your immature posts. What do you gain from posting dumb posts like this?

Eh, not true. Their games are selling mega copies. NSMBU over 4 million sold. Super Mario 3D World over 2 million sold. Zelda Windwaker HD, Wii Party U and New Super Luigi U over 1 million sold. All not counting digital, and on an install base of just 6 million so far. Nothing's changed. Their games will remain priced high because their games will continue to sell well for the next 5-10 years. Guarantee you by the time this gen is over, there's gonna be a long, long list of 1st party titles that sold multiple millions of copies. And some will hit 5-10 million sold by the end of this gen.

Eh, not true. Their games are selling mega copies. NSMBU over 4 million sold. Super Mario 3D World over 2 million sold. Zelda Windwaker HD, Wii Party U and New Super Luigi U over 1 million sold. All not counting digital, and on an install base of just 6 million so far. Nothing's changed. Their games will remain priced high because their games will continue to sell well for the next 5-10 years. Guarantee you by the time this gen is over, there's gonna be a long, long list of 1st party titles that sold multiple millions of copies. And some will hit 5-10 million sold by the end of this gen.
So, games that were included in console bundles sold well? mind = blown!

Aside from games in console bundles and Mario almost everything is a flop. Look at every 1st and 2nd party game (I won't even bother discussing 3rd party) and you'll see that outside of a couple of them, few sold more than a few hundred thousands. Nearly every game lost money. The Wii U is such a failure that all the money that "the 3DS prints" is being wiped away by Wii U losses. Nintendo is losing money because of the Wii U. Even Pokemon, Animal Crossing on the 3DS, Mario and Zelda on the Wii U and others were not enough firepower to help the company.

I'm waiting until these games are in the 20-30 range to buy them. Even if Nintendo manages to turn the Wii U around (they won't), the games will eventually hit their bargain bin great hits status. I'm pretty much expecting $20 first party games this coming Black Friday. Some might be around 30 but I'd be very surprised if at least 1 or 2 isn't on sale at some store for 20 bucks.

This isn't the first time Tropical Freeze has been on sale, but this looks to be the best offer if you want just this game. Still, Target has a b2g1 coming up which is what I'd wait for if I hadn't already nabbed the game at a similar sale on launch week.

No thanks to Nintendo. Correct me if I am wrong but these have been retailers slashing prices across the board, the MSRP on everything is still $40 3DS/$60 WiiU right? I mean for fuck's sake, Wii Fit U has sold absolutely abysmally and the MSRP on that is still $60 game/$90 bundle.

I always thought Nintendo's attitude towards lowering prices is moronic, and am sick of their little conceited attitude where they think any game they make is magically better just because their names are stamped on it. It does make some sense on the handheld side solely because they are the best, by a wide margin, but that is far from true on the console side and it has stopped me from buying MANY games and almost stopped me from getting a WiiU altogether.

As stupid as that thought process was before it's completely moronic now. WiiU needs sales, badly, and pricing party games and HDified ports at $50/$60 isn't gonna cut it. NSMBU and DKTF shouldn't be over $30 apiece either for that matter. Hell, aside from Pikmin 3 I really can't think of a single WiiU game that should still be full price :???:

Then again this really is the least of Nintendo's problems, they should be more worried about creating a true account system and implementing cross buy and 3rd party support and easing up on their online restrictions and filling software gaps and a ton of other stuff before the pricing of their games.

Last edited:
So tempting, but I'm sure I'd just get stuck and quit like the last one.
Did they quit using that auto-play feature that plays the game for you? I still have TF in my backlog lol so I haven't tried it yet but I remember that if you die enough in DKCR the game pretty much plays itself with a white DK. Aside from being too lazy to program it I can't think of why they'd drop it...

Thanks, OP! I ended up getting DKC and the PS4 camera (which is still in stock if anyone else is interested).
I did the same thing. Ha. I'm not sure I want to keep the camera because I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of it (I don't stream), but it was hard to pass up $51. I also figured DKCTF will probably be cheaper at some point but from everything I've heard it's well worth $32. I loved DKCR.

bread's done
Back