* * * * * 2 votes

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - Wii U for $40 FS at bestbuy and amazon

Wii U Tropical Freeze Donkey Kong Country

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 syrdiman

syrdiman

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:10 AM

I found it for 40$ with free shipping and some tax with both sites. Although, you might be able to get it for cheaper ( Ithink around 30$) with the GCU membership with Bestbuy, but you'll have to comment and let everyone know if it applies to that.

Bestbuy link

http://www.bestbuy.c...7&skuId=9585145

Amazon link

http://www.amazon.co...nkey kong wii u

#2 sainrub

sainrub

CAGisdabomb!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

Yes it applies. What's weird is so does any accessory I add to my cart as well.

Found why, probably already posted but here is the link.

Feed Your Machine
15% off any gaming accessory when you buy a game

#3 BryanDGAF

BryanDGAF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

Potential stuff here. Brb researching before bed

edit: people who want the luigi wiimote or a ps4 camera/controller would benefit from this.

bought the game itself. thanks OP.

#4 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:58 AM

That 15% off accessory deal has been going on for a while now.
Posted Image

#5 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Here's Corgi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

hammertime-o.gif

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#6 midloo

midloo

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

Good price on Tropical Freeze.  I wonder if Nintendo games are finally going to come down from their pricing this generation.  There have been some good sales on Wii U games in the last year. 

Posted Image

#7 Sivarticus

Sivarticus

Kentucky Fried Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

Thanks OP. Wife has been wanting a copy, and this is a good price.

#8 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

Good price on Tropical Freeze.  I wonder if Nintendo games are finally going to come down from their pricing this generation.  There have been some good sales on Wii U games in the last year. 

No. Not first party aka Mario at least. Can't find Super Mario 3D World for under 50 new and it's been out since late last year.

Posted Image

#9 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

No. Not first party aka Mario at least. Can't find Super Mario 3D World for under 50 new and it's been out since late last year.

It's only been out a few months though.  Wonderful 101 is like 20 bucks.  Zelda WW is 40.  Wii Fit U with meter and balance board is $54.

In general I agree though, Nintendo is trying their typical strategy of keeping prices high.  It doesn't seem to be working that well this time around with their low sales.

#10 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

Thanks OP. $32 from BB works for me!

#11 RPGamer246

RPGamer246

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

Thanks op, $34.xx after tax and GCU

#12 mottaman

mottaman

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

It's only been out a few months though.  Wonderful 101 is like 20 bucks.  Zelda WW is 40.  Wii Fit U with meter and balance board is $54.

In general I agree though, Nintendo is trying their typical strategy of keeping prices high.  It doesn't seem to be working that well this time around with their low sales.

w101 is clearance and 2nd party. Zelda was released over a decade ago and its a rippoff at that price. Wii Fit U was free if you registered it months ago

#13 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

w101 is clearance and 2nd party. Zelda was released over a decade ago and its a rippoff at that price. Wii Fit U was free if you registered it months ago

What's your point, are you saying that these Nintendo games will never go down in price below 40 because Nintendo even though sales are shit?

#14 SquirrelKing

SquirrelKing

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

Im debating between this at $39.99 new (using amazon credit) or about $31.xx used from GS (using GS credit). They have it at $44.99 used and with birthday coupon and PUR it will be 31.xx plus tax.

#15 heatison777

heatison777

The Heat is On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

Can you use ONLY a pro controller on DKC, or does it have random touch moments like Mario 3d?

#16 Snake Eater

Snake Eater

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

GCU deal makes me buy this this week

#17 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

Can you use ONLY a pro controller on DKC, or does it have random touch moments like Mario 3d?

Playing with the gamepad for the first couple levels and there hasn't been any touch stuff so far.
Posted Image

#18 Lucasgfx

Lucasgfx

Fortune and glory, kid.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

Ive only used the pro controller.

Posted Image

#19 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

All you need is Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

Good price on Tropical Freeze. I wonder if Nintendo games are finally going to come down from their pricing this generation. There have been some good sales on Wii U games in the last year.

Nope. That won't happen. Lol

Remember the prices of these Wii games after a few months? Punchout, Excitebots, Metroid: Other M, and the Gamecube remakes are just a few I can recall.

sXccgoQ.gif771291726.gif?1368801226j5IniQc.gif

Get A Free Xbox One! Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line Super easy and it works!

If you want to be awesome, like Duane, you'd do it!

Currently playing: Big Rigs :pc:, Charlie's Angels  :gc:, Aquaman :gc:, Drake of the 99 Dragons :xbox:,

#20 Xaranid

Xaranid

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

You can use the gamepad, but there's absolutely no touch stuff in any of the levels.  I believe that the gamepad even turns off entirely during gameplay.  But it works entirely with the pro controller.

#21 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

The game  does not use the game pad during gameplay at all. (surprisingly)     You can  play the game on the game pad (when the TV is off) as you can  with every other WiiU game, but that's it.

#22 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

with the low demand of the wii u they cant keep up there usual bs strategy of keeping games at msrp for 5+ years lol. they need to shift more software ya know and sales help
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#23 markbrochilll

markbrochilll

The Master Sword

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

I've been waiting for this sale. I emailed Best Buy about them not including Watchdogs for WiiU in the $10 preorder promotion and they sent me the $10 code for free. Add that with GCU and a $5 voucher and I only paid $18.35

#24 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

I'm glad people are able to get it cheaper but it appears this was not a big seller which makes me sad.

#25 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

Mario 3D World has been under $50 a few times. It was $40 at Target last month and $9.98 at BJ's Wholesale around 4 weeks ago.

#26 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

I'm glad people are able to get it cheaper but it appears this was not a big seller which makes me sad.

It's just not a popular type of game/difficulty.

#27 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

Mario 3D World has been under $50 a few times. It was $40 at Target last month and $9.98 at BJ's Wholesale around 4 weeks ago.

ok target one time and it was the only time it was that cheap and your other reference to bj wholesale doesn't even count since bj is clearance out most there game departments at stores. and there a big different between a sale and a store getting rid of a department within it stores.

#28 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

Was $40 at Target last month.  Target is having a B2G1 next week so if you want both get them then and pick up a filler game.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#29 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

All you need is Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

Wut?

"Nintendo reports that both the Wii U and 3DS increased in sales over February of last year; the Wii U grew by 180% and the 3DS by 25%.

Nintendo attributes increased sales of the Wii U in the US to the success of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Nintendo's follow-up to their popular platformer Donkey Kong Country Returns sold 130,000 copies (including digital and physical sales) [during its first 8 days of release], and it was the number four best-selling SKU for February."

Source- Gamespot.com

For a system not doing too hot in sales, that doesn't sound very bad to me.

Oh cool, another twenty year old series...

Oh cool, the same twenty four year old Nintendo hater posting. Seriously, 24 years old. I really thought you were about 12 with your immature posts. What do you gain from posting dumb posts like this?

sXccgoQ.gif771291726.gif?1368801226j5IniQc.gif

Get A Free Xbox One! Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line Super easy and it works!

If you want to be awesome, like Duane, you'd do it!

Currently playing: Big Rigs :pc:, Charlie's Angels  :gc:, Aquaman :gc:, Drake of the 99 Dragons :xbox:,

#30 Kidorangepanda

Kidorangepanda

Arcade PCB Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

Thanks OP, going to get tru to price match this one and use my gift card.
Sell me your Candy Cabs!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, Tropical Freeze, Donkey Kong Country