20% Off all Videogames at TRU 3/30 - 04/05

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 DaddyBoJangles

DaddyBoJangles

A Blue Slime Appears

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

Saw this Coupon on TRUs website with a link for it to work in store. The exclusions state Videogame Hardware, not software. Further down on their site is a link to their videogame section with text that the coupon will work on games. Doubt it stacks with their sticker clearance going on right now but I'll hit up my local TRU and try to grab Zone of the Enders HD Collection with it today and post back my findings.

103v6eb.jpg

x2m3kg.jpg

2mguikg.jpg

Posted Image

I'm the hero of this story, don't need to be saved

#2 Lulgasms

Lulgasms

Resident Xbone hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

In the wording it excludes all clearance unfortunately.

#3 DaddyBoJangles

DaddyBoJangles

A Blue Slime Appears

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

In the main coupon text it states it works on sale priced items, so I took the wording to mean it excludes those clearanced items, but I naturally assume your right, with a TRU coupon comes a giant list of exclusions, shocked this works on Videogames at all.

Posted Image

#4 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

What's up with that last picture? Just 3.35-78.39?

#5 DaddyBoJangles

DaddyBoJangles

A Blue Slime Appears

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

What's up with that last picture? Just 3.35-78.39?

20% off some already clearanced kids sporting goods maybe? I'm going to try the coupon out on a green tag videogame today. We have Remember Me Green Tagged for 19.99, may grab that today as well.

Posted Image

#6 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

SD had this promo up for days. :o I'm surprised it took so long for someone to post it here.

#7 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:38 PM

In the main coupon text it states it works on sale priced items, so I took the wording to mean it excludes those clearanced items, but I naturally assume your right, with a TRU coupon comes a giant list of exclusions, shocked this works on Videogames at all.

They must have loosened the restrictions this year. This is the second coupon they sent me that did not exclude video games. Yesterday I used one that was $10 off a $30 purchase and used it on video game clearance(found a kid icarus which was cool)

#8 reibeatall

reibeatall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

Am I blind, or do they not have Final Fantasy X/X-2 listed on their site? Does anybody know if they carry it in store?

#9 da kid banks

da kid banks

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

Does TRU price match? If I price match to make Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze $39.99 can I use this coupon?

#10 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

Am I blind, or do they not have Final Fantasy X/X-2 listed on their site? Does anybody know if they carry it in store?

I didn't see it at either store I went to yesterday for either system.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#11 duderanch

duderanch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

Does TRU price match? If I price match to make Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze $39.99 can I use this coupon?

They price match AFTER the coupon is applied.

#12 kooljake

kooljake

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

So does this coupon stack ontop of green tagged items?

cardsfinal.jpg

#13 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

They price match AFTER the coupon is applied.

Not quite. If we price match, you cannot use any coupons. Also, any sales we are running will not apply to a price match.

#14 duderanch

duderanch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

Not quite. If we price match, you cannot use any coupons. Also, any sales we are running will not apply to a price match.

That's essentially what I was implying.

#15 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

I think someone said when it first came out that toys r us didn't get none in

#16 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:15 PM

I think someone said when it first came out that toys r us didn't get none in

I'm surprised he couldn't find it then.

#17 mordotz

mordotz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

Are Playstation Plus membership cards considered 'gift cards'? Would this coupon work for them? TIA

#18 BloodLust

BloodLust

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:02 PM

Does this work with xbox cards?

#19 Owlmanus

Owlmanus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:12 PM

http://toysrus.com/friends

#20 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

Does this work with xbox cards?

Someone should try.  Could get a $20 card (assuming they sell them) for $16 then get the $5 bonus credit if it worked. :whee:

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

#21 Niche_Hero

Niche_Hero

Super Niche

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:04 AM

so im going to guess the 20% off doesnt stack on the green clearance items? dang i'd so visit toys r us if it did

#22 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:08 AM

so im going to guess the 20% off doesnt stack on the green clearance items? dang i'd so visit toys r us if it did

Says it doesn't in the terms.

#23 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:47 AM

Nope. Point and membership cards work like gift cards in TRU's system. Coupons never apply to them.

#24 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:55 AM

Nope. Point and membership cards work like gift cards in TRU's system. Coupons never apply to them.

Figured but it was a fun idea anyway.  Too bad it was yesterday that Meijer was running 15% off, could have grabbed a XBL card with my Kindle cards.

#25 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Formely Moose

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:29 AM

Wow TRU really got rid of their PS Vita stock... they don't even sell consoles online anymore. I wonder if this would be on clearance in-store.

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

Congrats on the booty 

#26 AlanSaysYo

AlanSaysYo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

Wow TRU really got rid of their PS Vita stock... they don't even sell consoles online anymore. I wonder if this would be on clearance in-store.

Worth a shot. I'm sure they're getting ready for the new model to come in. I bet stores still have stock.

#27 genesis49

genesis49

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

One store I went to had a rack of games marked $17.xx green tagged. So I guess each game is around $10.50 if you can find them. Only one of the 3 around me had anything though.

#28 Kev Cypunk

Kev Cypunk

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

I got Centipede: Infestation for $5.99 since it was 40% off for some reason, not sure if YMMV.

#29 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

I still need to check out Toys R Us' clearance offers. I would imagine mine is probably cleaned out by now. Oh well.

oIi9lub.png

#30 DaddyBoJangles

DaddyBoJangles

A Blue Slime Appears

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

I went to TRU and nabbed Zone of the Enders on Green tag at 29.99. Made the final cost after my employee discount 15.12. The extra 20% did not stack sadly. Still they have Remember Me green tagged at 19.99, tempted to grab it.

Posted Image