Nintendo 2DS + Pokemon X Bundle - $107 @ Target until 4/5

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
MSRP $149.99, Temporary Price Cut to $107 thru Saturday. Appears to be in store only.

Save an extra 5% with REDcard

Other TPCs I noticed was the Titanfall Bundle for $449.99 (confirming the price through 4/5 at least), and Skylanders Giants Starter Packs for $19.99

I was just about to post this also! I'm in the store and just took a picture of the sign .

Pokemon x is installed on the system. For $107 ($101.65 with red card) this is a steal!

2DS vs 3DS: debate now!

I've been thinking about getting a 3DS for Fire Emblem: Awakening + Bravely Default; or would a 2DS work fine?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is making me consider a 2DS. I actually want to try the new Pokemon, so that is a value add. I really want the XL though. Decisions, decisions.

2DS vs 3DS: debate now!

I've been thinking about getting a 3DS for Fire Emblem: Awakening + Bravely Default; or would a 2DS work fine?
Big things to keep in mind: Obviously, the 2DS is fine if you don't care about 3D, but, the controls are higher towards the top screen than the standard 3DS, which may bother some and may not.. And also, the 2DS has only one speaker, so it's mono, not stereo sound. That could bother some as well. For just over $100 for an entry system that includes a $40 game, it's a great deal for those that just wanna play the games and don't care about the details like I mentioned.

Is it installed on the 2ds or on the sd card?

Also would this 2ds plus a qualifying game, get you that free pokemon game through Club Nintendo?

Although a good deal I find the 2ds extremly uncomfortable as well as no convient place to put it while traveling. I would recommend peple just save for the xl

Grab a 3ds xl off of cowboom from $115 higher quality overall.

I grabbed a 2ds for my daughter and key differences I've noticed other than size and 3d are: 2ds has mushy buttons, sound is louder than my xl, much more comfortable than the original 3ds especially with the nerf case.

Really you can't go wrong either wway but I really enjoy the build quality of the xl. Fire emblem has some pretty amazing 3d moments as well, I love seeing the birds fly across screen in 3d.

I personally could care less about the 3D, I doubt I would ever use it anyway. But I am not a huge fan of the tablet design and I know I already enjoy the XL and can game on it comfortably since I've used my sons a few times. But half the price plus a really good game makes me want to give the 2D a shot. If I don't like it, I can probably recoup a lot of the cost by selling it.

I'm sold!

Step 1. Buy Pokemon X 2DS bundle for $107

Step 2. Register 2DS pin on Club Nintendo before 3/31

Step. 3 Register Select 3DS game pin on Club Nintendo before 3/31

Step. 4 Claim digital Pokemon Y on Club Nintendo

Step 5. Redeem and download Pokemon Y on brand new Pokemon X 2DS Bundle

Step 6. Rejoice in knowing you just got a steal of a deal and also now have both Pokemon X and Pokemon Y on your new 2DS at all times

XD

Step 1. Buy Pokemon X 2DS bundle for $107

Step 2. Register 2DS pin on Club Nintendo before 3/31

Step. 3 Register Select 3DS game pin on Club Nintendo before 3/31

Step. 4 Claim digital Pokemon Y on Club Nintendo

Step 5. Redeem and download Pokemon Y on brand new Pokemon X 2DS Bundle

Step 6. Rejoice in knowing you just got a steal of a deal and also now have both Pokemon X and Pokemon Y on your new 2DS at all times

XD
step 7. Buy yoshi for the redemption and then take it back next week and return it/rebuy it with the b2g1 free sale.

$180...2ds, and 5 games!

If you just want to play games in the house and not bring your DS anywhere then the 2DS is great for that.

However I wouldn't buy it if you want to go for portability or streetpasses, if you don't care about streetpasses or don't play any games that use them then go with the 2DS. Just be warned once you find out about streetpass you WILL want to take your 3DS everywhere, and the 2DS is not really suited for that.

I am not even sure if the XL is suited for that, I only own the regular 3DS. But I know that I want to take it absolutely everywhere and never have to leave it behind for any reason. When I go to certain places I like to pack light, and I am concerned the XL will just not fit that bill and those are the places where I am most likely to encounter a streetpass. For day to day I would be fine with the XL but for all those summer events I go to, I just don't want to have to leave it behind because there is no room in the bag for it.

How's the screen size? Comparable to the original or the xl? I had trouble with the original system cause it cramped up my hands. So would the 2ds more comfortable?

How's the screen size? Comparable to the original or the xl? I had trouble with the original system cause it cramped up my hands. So would the 2ds more comfortable?
the screen size is the same as normal 3ds exactly and the other different is the 2ds does not fold and it is mono sound only no stereo sound and no power saving mode and the only way to put it to sleep is to hit a button manually vs 3ds you just closed it and it just a tiny bit heavier

The one I went to had the sign but none of them in stock, seems like a popular deal or there weren't very many to begin with. Either way, the deal is not worth hunting down multiple targets.

my dsixl cramped my hands a little. Picked up a 2ds a month back and really like it. I haven't had any cramping like I did with my xl.

Odd... but the bundle is either a vanilla red or blue console correct? Nothing different about it?
Right. They're exactly the same except the one on sale includes a pokemon game. It's a suckers bet not to get the bundle version unless you can't find it, or if you absolutely need to get the blue one. The bundle only comes in the red version.
The pokemon y/blue console version is only available at toys r us.
So if you can find one and want to pay less and get more this is your best bet. Or wait for. A better sale later.
It's been marked down to $129 several times but don't really think this will make it out of the $107 sale.

Great deal but for marketing purposes they should`ve just made it $99 the temptation price would sell em out in a few hours.

2ds_ds_comparison.png

Anyone pick one up? Any feedback on the system itself?
I grabbed one to replace the non bundle version I already had. I actually prefer the ergonomics of the 2ds to the 3ds. I don't use the 3d functions very often anyway.
Definitely didn't need a new one, and may end up returning it. The main reason I even bothered getting it was I had considered getting the blue/pokemon y version from toys r us last week when it was on sale for $129. So for $20 less it seemed like I should at least buy one now and return it layer if I decide I don't want it

I have a Zelda 3ds xl too but I opened mine and play it. I strongly recommend you don't sell it since they are becoming harder to find... Plus it looks sick nasty
I have an open Zelda 3DS XL bundle a sealed one. Does anyone know if the Zelda free game code expires? I want to keep the one sealed but when I go to sell it in a year or two just want to make sure the game will still be able to be downloaded. I couldn't find any info on my open bundle.

bread's done
Back