Dare I bring up the Martin-Zimmerman event again? OK, Fine

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#31 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

RIP Trayvon Martin as a young man who got influenced by  a violent culture that inspired him to fight versus calling the police to solve a miscommunication.

http://www.cheapassg...7#entry10885011

"You seem to defend TM to the death(heheheeheheheee) did you know him?"

wahhhhh noone helped me so they must not help anyone. - knoell

#32 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

ITT: Spokker likes three African-Americans on TV only because they chide other African-Americans on TV.

Cosby, yes. I was never into his standup. Barkley, I liked since I was a kid because he spoke his mind more than the other superstars. Think Dream Team stuff and him shitting on Angola.

#33 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

http://www.cheapassg...7#entry10885011

"You seem to defend TM to the death(heheheeheheheee) did you know him?"

Please elaborate. Do you really think that you can assume that I hated Trayvon or wished ill will on him via an offhand joke that was not meant at his expense but  at yours? I have said it was a tragedy many times, but that does not change the fact that the most likely and fact based chain of events has Trayvon attacking George (who had not broken a single law that night). I will defend a man's right to defend himself.

#34 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

"Poor people have it too good in the US" is your argument?

Fuck off, lawd a'mighty.

Posted Image

#35 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

Do you really think that you can assume that I hated Trayvon or wished ill will on him via an offhand joke

Aside from the fact that was very far away from the only tasteless comment you made. Yes.

You then lied about it several times.

#36 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

What I like about Barkley, and let's face it, he's by no stretch a genius, he just has a very low filter and speaks his mind in an honest way-I admire that, but he looks at social ills in our country as predominantly an economics thing. He lumps poor black people in with poor white, Hispanic, Asian, and other groups and says that THAT group gets the short end of the stick oftentimes. I do think many minorities have a far greater struggle to succeed than white counterparts, but frequently they are coming from lower economic standing, so it eventually seems to lead back to that point. Same for poor white people.

I can't remember what comedian it is, but he used to joke that his mother would get pissed off when she saw a poor white person, saying something along the lines of "Ain't that a shame. Ain't no reason for a white guy to be poor!" Heh.

The criticism that Cosby gets is confusing for me, because I think to assume he's coming from a place of ignorance or maliciousness in lecturing the black community on self-destructive behavior makes no sense. Why wouldn't he want to see more young black men and women succeed in economics and in life. He grew up a poor black kid in an era where single parenthood was more stigmatized, unemployment was not assumed to be standard, and he stood alongside those fighting for Civil Rights in the 60's. He lived through it. It echoes a lot of the same comments I hear from grandparents and parents of a bunch of black friends. They're ashamed of so many black youth allowing themselves to be a stereotype, and strive for stupid shit like cars, gold chains, and a record deal or sports contract, instead of wanting to be a lawyer, doctor, business professional, or even some unskilled labor role, anything else that can change the status of that demographic.

#37 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

Fuck off, lawd a'mighty.

Whatever, dude. If you don't understand incentives and human nature, approach every subject as an absolute, and do not agree that there are communities with subsidized healthcare, housing, water, electricity, AC, TV's, Xboxes, cars, cigarettes, tattoos, etc that are getting knocked up at crazy stupid rates and at younger and younger ages while dropping out of school, then I have nothing left to say to ya. I live it everyday at work. Heaven forbid I actually wish to see hard work pay off versus taking other people's money to throw at the problem.

#38 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

You are the one assuming people's double meanings and giving the improper thought process to the "translation". Here's another anecdote for ya, let's see what you take away from the story: We transported a 33 year old lady on Thursday. She lives in tax subsidized housing and is pregnant with her 12th kid. Eleven already alive and being cared for by the state. Do I dislike this bitch because she is black, or because she is an ignorant, selfish, horrible person with no self control?

You know, I actually had a longer post for you, but after reading your last one about Martin, I'm going to say that it's both. You just like to hide behind the facade of disliking black "culture" rather than black people because it's out of vogue. There's always a few "good ones" like Clarence Thomas, that Sowell fella(or however the Fuck you spell his name), Cosby, Freeman, etc, but the rest of them can get fucked.

Would you dislike the person if they were white? Sure! But being black is extra icing on the cake.

You once made an argument that if your town found a more cost effective way to have more firefighters on a rotating schedule as to not pay people like you to sleep, they would do so. Well, it's far more cost effective to pay for birth control pills and sex ed classes, isn't it? If you, yourself, are not abstinent, why should you be able to dictate that others be?
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#39 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

Fuck off, lawd a'mighty.

tom-the-dancing-bug-by-ruben-bolling.gif
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

#40 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:55 PM

Aside from the fact that was very far away from the only tasteless comment you made. Yes.

You then lied about it several times.

Please show me where I lied about it. If you are referencing your inability to realize when I am laughing at you versus laughing about a young man dying, than Fuck off. I am not responsible for whatever interpretation you come up with in your head. If you found the joke tasteless, sorry, but, in a forum that throws accusations of racism and molestation around, you might wanna find a little thicker skin.

#41 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

Please show me where I lied about it.

http://www.cheapassg...6#entry11484392

"I never laughed at the tragic death of Trayvon"

Also:

" but, in a forum that throws accusations of "

Take responsibility for your own actions.

#42 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

You know, I actually had a longer post for you, but after reading your last one about Martin, I'm going to say that it's both. You just like to hide behind the facade of disliking black "culture" rather than black people because it's out of vogue. There's always a few "good ones" like Clarence Thomas, that Sowell fella(or however the Fuck you spell his name), Cosby, Freeman, etc, but the rest of them can get fucked.

Would you dislike the person if they were white? Sure! But being black is extra icing on the cake.

You once made an argument that if your town found a more cost effective way to have more firefighters on a rotating schedule as to not pay people like you to sleep, they would do so. Well, it's far more cost effective to pay for birth control pills and sex ed classes, isn't it? If you, yourself, are not abstinent, why should you be able to dictate that others be?

I can't believe I am even wasting my time conversing with you, but here goes. First off, you don't know me. You don't know how I visit lower socio-economic public schools in my free time and give fire safety talks. How I dress up as Sparky the fire dog and act goofy for kids who are 99% black. You don't know crap about my thoughts yet assume a crazy racism.

As far as dictating abstinence, I don't want to dictate anything to tax paying citizens who contribute to society and don't mooch off of other people's money. You always fail to understand that difference. You want to regulate businesses, right? Especially those that we goofily give subsidies to or that could do harm to the environment, right? So is having accountability and regulation on tax payer money welfare much different? You support the single parent crisis inflicting those on poverty? I'm fine with basic sex ed in high school. I am not fine with tax payer funded condoms or pills. Be responsible for yourself. Expecting others to pay for protection in an act you choose to do for pleasure is greedy and selfish.

Gotta go eat, crap, workout, and sleep on your taxes.... :wave:

#43 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

Also:

" If you are referencing your inability to realize when I am laughing at you versus laughing about a young man dying, than Fuck off."

#44 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

I honestly believe ego is a compulsive liar who tells about his fantasy life between rants about poor brown people from some basement somewhere.

#45 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

That escalated quickly.

#46 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

I honestly believe ego is a compulsive liar who tells about his fantasy life between rants about poor brown people from some basement somewhere.

Dang, you cracked the code! :applause:

I live too close to the beach. No basements here, bro....

#47 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

I can't believe I am even wasting my time conversing with you, but here goes. First off, you don't know me. You don't know how I visit lower socio-economic public schools in my free time and give fire safety talks. How I dress up as Sparky the fire dog and act goofy for kids who are 99% black. You don't know crap about my thoughts yet assume a crazy racism.

LOLZ@you for trying have a dick measuring contest with me. :rofl:

As far as dictating abstinence, I don't want to dictate anything to tax paying citizens who contribute to society and don't mooch off of other people's money. You always fail to understand that difference. You want to regulate businesses, right? Especially those that we goofily give subsidies to or that could do harm to the environment, right? So is having accountability and regulation on tax payer money welfare much different? You support the single parent crisis inflicting those on poverty? I'm fine with basic sex ed in high school. I am not fine with tax payer funded condoms or pills. Be responsible for yourself. Expecting others to pay for protection in an act you choose to do for pleasure is greedy and selfish.

Gotta go eat, crap, workout, and sleep on your taxes.... :wave:

How is any of what you said different from saying that you don't really care what things cost as long as no one violates the principle? Pretty sure condoms are cheaper than birth control pills, which are cheaper than the morning-after pill, which is cheaper than abortion, which is cheaper than giving birth, which is cheaper than adoption, and so on and so forth. If it was REALLY about the money, you'd understand this. I'd say that a million xboxes purchased on TANF does far more good than allowing industrial waste to literally poison an area and any sane person would agree that the ability to regulate that industry is far more important than a bunch of people getting flatscreen tv's and xboxes, which are purchases that directly stimulate the economy. Your sense of scale is completely out of whack.
dohdough.png

#48 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

That escalated quickly.

It's your fault. :lol:
dohdough.png

#49 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

It's your fault. :lol:

100%. That's the least amount of effort you've ever had to put in to convince of something on Vs! It shan't happen again. :P

#50 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

The criticism that Cosby gets is confusing for me, because I think to assume he's coming from a place of ignorance or maliciousness in lecturing the black community on self-destructive behavior makes no sense. Why wouldn't he want to see more young black men and women succeed in economics and in life.

Many of the people who are called racists today for criticizing black culture feel the same way as Cosby. They supported the civil rights movement, then they look at the situation decades later and ask, "What the hell happened?" Aaron McGruder has also echoed that in his cartoon about MLK coming back to life.

I'm not even annoyed at white people being called racist. They are. What annoys me is calling white people racist *and* trying to pretend there isn't a problem with the culture that a lot of the young black men are attracted to. It makes zero sense for the white racists to root against black achievement. We racists want to see the crime rates go down. We want to see more blacks in college and starting their own businesses. More investment in these blighted communities means more jobs both locally and nationally. We want every black neighborhood to be an economic hub of commerce and opportunity. But those things aren't going to happen with the same old progressive policies and then blaming everything on whitey.

Yeah, white racism is probably the seventh priority on the list of things so-called black leaders ought to focus on. It's such a fake obstacle to black achievement and it's a shame those resources are not being focused on economic growth.

#51 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:10 AM

Still cracks me up that someone that ran away suddenly turned into Supernegro and beat someone as if he was fucking Anderson silva.

#52 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:01 AM

Still cracks me up that someone that ran away suddenly turned into Supernegro and beat someone as if he was fucking Anderson silva.

And then the guy that killed him wasn't even questioned by police, taken into custody, given a voice stress test, or even taken on a ridealong to explain from his point of view what happened! That's what we are fighting against!

#53 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:08 AM

Also:

Hey Msut, do you ever take responsobility for your own actions on this forum? 

#54 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:29 AM

I know. It would be outside the realm of possibility for someone with a history of getting into fights to.... get into a fight.

#55 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:41 AM

I know. It would be outside the realm of possibility for someone with a history of getting into fights to.... get into a fight.

Was this ever confirmed, because I never heard any of that outside of the likes of Stormfront and Breitbart (unless you're talking about him and his friends supposedly recording two homeless guys fighting once).

Now Zimmerman, there's a guy with a history of violent run-ins pre-and-post shooting.

#56 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:49 AM

Was this ever confirmed, because I never heard any of that outside of the likes of Stormfront and Breitbart (unless you're talking about him and his friends supposedly recording two homeless guys fighting once).

Now Zimmerman, there's a guy with a history of violent run-ins pre-and-post shooting.

You tell me. I thought the softies got his history thrown out as irrelevant despite there being numerous things that pointed in that direction like:

http://www.miamihera.../05/23/3413343/

Benjamin Crump, the attorney for Trayvon’s family, said in a written statement that the defense was displaying “stereotypical and close-minded thinking” in signaling that it planned to use Trayvon’s messages and photos, including pictures of him blowing smoke and showing off gold teeth.

“The only photos or videos that are relevant or admissible at trial are those of Trayvon taken the day he was shot and killed by George Zimmerman,” Crump said. “There is no evidence that Trayvon either had gold teeth nor gave anybody the finger the night he was shot and killed. Therefore those pictures are irrelevant and will not be admitted into evidence.”

The text messages, some of which are redacted, do not make clear whom Trayvon was talking to at different times. Sometimes it appears he was joking with a friend, other times with a girlfriend and, in at least one instance, with his father.

Some of the earliest text messages date back to early November 2011, in which Trayvon, a junior at Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School in North Miami-Dade, indicates he was suspended from school for being in a fistfight.

Nope. Not. Relevant. At. All.

Apparently if you do something that brings a case ONLY what you do THAT day is relevant. Except "Jorge" right Doh?

#57 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:08 AM

So where did this courage magically come from if he was confirmed to have ran away the first time. Then again Fuck it don't give a shit what Zimmerman does anymore as him trying to be on celebrity boxing trying to fight a drug addicted Dmx says all i need to know about him, and Dmx you should know better for even entertaining it as well.

#58 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

ITT: egofed dresses up in a firefighting dog costume as a job requirement, and therefore understands what it's like to be black and poor in America.

Posted Image

#59 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

ITT: egofed dresses up in a firefighting dog costume as a job requirement, and therefore understands what it's like to be black and poor in America.

Except it is NOT a requirement of my job and is something I do voluntarily. Please get your facts straight before making dumbass sarcastic comments. Thanks.

#60 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:46 PM

You tell me. I thought the softies got his history thrown out as irrelevant despite there being numerous things that pointed in that direction like:

http://www.miamihera.../05/23/3413343/

Nope. Not. Relevant. At. All.

Apparently if you do something that brings a case ONLY what you do THAT day is relevant. Except "Jorge" right Doh?

Blowing smoke at the camera and showing off a grill? "Thuggish" behavior? Like this?

Oh and high school kids bragging about shit that didn't happen? Didn't you say you used to work with teens? Gimme a fucking break... :rofl:

Levi Johnston's screed about "guns and shit" is far more threatening than Trayvon Martin taking a selfie giving the finger or showing off his grill. It's not like we judge guidos en masse for doing the same shit.
dohdough.png