Mickey Edition 3DS XL coming on April 11th

JamesKelly09

CAGiversary!
Nintendo will release a Mickey Mouse edition 3DS XL on April 11th, sold exclusively at Walmart and the Nintendo World Store in New York City .

Wal-Mart Pre-order :http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Mickey-Limited-Edition-Handheld/35092023

48968e1385396791033f7c8800edb705.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are too much of these "limited" edition 3DS's.
Agreed.

It's almost too much oversaturation.

Think it's a ploy to try and sell multiple consoles to the same people to artificially inflate their sales numbers?

I mean I don't mind maybe 2 or 3 "special limited release" console decos but this is getting out of hand quickly.

ah damn, collector in me is pulling me in.  I already have a half a dozen of the LEs in my closet (Pikachu, Pokémon Red, M&L, Fire Emblem, Zelda OoT, Zelda XL) as I recall.  Passed on AC, Pokémon X/Y Blue, Luigi versions....did I miss any US release?  lol

ah damn, collector in me is pulling me in. I already have a half a dozen of the LEs in my closet (Pikachu, Pokémon Red, M&L, Fire Emblem, Zelda OoT, Zelda XL) as I recall. Passed on AC, Pokémon X/Y Blue, Luigi versions....did I miss any US release? lol
Yoshi

The Yoshi LE 3DSXL doesn't seem too limited as it seems all retailers still have it or people just aren't buying it. The Target I work for received 4 and they have 3 left. I was the only one who bought one.

I see the Yoshi 3DS XL available everywhere I go. Can't say I'm surprised; it's an ugly looking handheld and the game itself looks just as bad.

This Disney one, on the other hand, looks darn spiffy.

I wouldn't mind 10000 limited edition consoles... As long as they are truly limited.
Or just limited enough to give me a chance to buy one. :)

I say let them try whatever they can to move consoles, whether it's making collectors double and triple dip or trying to snag every non-owner with every possible limited edition they can think of. Soon it will be Justin Beiber limited edition with mugshot on outer cover to catch another demographic. It's not like anyone is being forced to buy any of them.

Since there so many limited edition 3ds variations it be nice to have maybe some limited edition wii u consoles for instance a actual limited edition mario kart 8 wii u console with actual graphics on both the system itself and the game pad both not only just the game pad like they did the zelda ones

I really like this 3DS, and I own an Animal Crossing XL right now so I will never get rid of that. So I won't be buying this one though I really want to own it. And as far rarity... it's being produced exclusively for walmart, so there will be one million and one consoles of this out there. It won't be 'omg so rare' like the green Yoshi 3DS... ya know the one that's sitting around on every store shelf everywhere right now? /rant

are not all successful businesses money hungry?
The difference is, their business model sucks. Their competition consistently offers new, innovative products, while also lowering prices and offering plenty of sales. Nintendo needs to go out of business or stop acting like it's 1985. They're not top dog. They don't run the game anymore. They offer outdated products at extremely high prices, and to the dismay of their consumer base, they never lower prices. Yeah, that's a company you want to support...

The difference is, their business model sucks. Their competition consistently offers new, innovative products, while also lowering prices and offering plenty of sales. Nintendo needs to go out of business or stop acting like it's 1985. They're not top dog. They don't run the game anymore. They offer outdated products at extremely high prices, and to the dismay of their consumer base, they never lower prices. Yeah, that's a company you want to support...
Cool story bro. I'm just looking for a console, not to invest long term in their stock.

Someone else said this but it's worth repeating: cag was much better before everyone was a market analyst.

They are releasing so many limited edition 3DS XL's because most of them are just some stupid pencil art on the top with a normal color around the rest of it. Plus most of the XL's either have a white or black shell with a special colored plates on the back.

It allows for "special editions" for days...Hell im surprised the general public hasnt started making the plastic plates.

Cool story bro. I'm just looking for a console, not to invest long term in their stock.

Someone else said this but it's worth repeating: cag was much better before everyone was a market analyst.
What you should be thinking about is the cost of the games on the system. There are no "CAG worthy" deals on Nintendo systems. Especially for games developed by Nintendo. It amazes me that this shit company has the gall to charge $40 for their games (upped the price $10 for no justifiable reason), then offer slightly improved graphics that shell a twenty year old gaming experience. They don't drop their prices, they don't offer any good sales etc. Investing in this system is very costly, and you're not getting anything you haven't gotten before. On a PC, Xbox, PS3/4 you get new, innovative ideas, which offer a much more enjoyable and fulfilling experience, and the prices drop quickly to a CAG level.

I'm sure everyone here knows at this point that I don't like Nintendo. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how you can justify supporting a company that's blatantly ripping its customers off.

Also, really, who are they trying to appeal to with this gimmick? Pampered children with their hands on mommy and daddy's wallet? Everything this company does seriously annoys me.

I've gotten plenty of cheap deals on Nintendo 3ds games. Maybe your cag-fu isn't as strong.

If you don't like Nintendo, don't buy Nintendo. But stop the bellyaching already.

You're sounding like chimpmeister lite. He'll be in shortly to troll this thread I'm sure.

Seems like Nintendo is losing their touch with these "Limited Edition" 3DS's.

The designs just get worse and worse, Mario&Luigi one looked disappointing the Yoshi one looked like not much thought was put into it, the Year of Luigi one looked terrible, the Animal Crossing one sucked and now this one looks disappointing especially since color wise looks the same as the Mario&Luigi one just with a new image.

I kinda like the Yoshi one.

Zelda was the best. Fire emblem was pretty good. Pickahu isn't my thing but it was cool.

This one looks like bubbles.

I kinda like the Yoshi one.

Zelda was the best. Fire emblem was pretty good. Pickahu isn't my thing but it was cool.

This one looks like bubbles.
The Yoshi one was ok, I didn't really like the Zelda one but it wasn't awful.

I play a lot of Animal Crossing but the AC XL wasn't great.

I think my favs are those Blue and Red Pokemon ones.

I really don't get why you guys complain about all the different LE 3DS XLs that have/are going to come out. Gives variety of consoles since not everybody likes Yoshi, Zelda, etc and also if you don't want them, don't buy it. The only person it hurts is Nintendo.

What you should be thinking about is the cost of the games on the system. There are no "CAG worthy" deals on Nintendo systems. Especially for games developed by Nintendo. It amazes me that this shit company has the gall to charge $40 for their games (upped the price $10 for no justifiable reason), then offer slightly improved graphics that shell a twenty year old gaming experience. They don't drop their prices, they don't offer any good sales etc. Investing in this system is very costly, and you're not getting anything you haven't gotten before. On a PC, Xbox, PS3/4 you get new, innovative ideas, which offer a much more enjoyable and fulfilling experience, and the prices drop quickly to a CAG level.

I'm sure everyone here knows at this point that I don't like Nintendo. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how you can justify supporting a company that's blatantly ripping its customers off.

Also, really, who are they trying to appeal to with this gimmick? Pampered children with their hands on mommy and daddy's wallet? Everything this company does seriously annoys me.
What the eff are you talking about? The best game on PS4 is a sequel to a game that came out years ago and plays very much the same. The newest, hottest PC game is an expansion to a dungeon crawler that was recently tweaked to play much more like it's 15-year-old predecessor. The Vita houses more ports than anything else and hasn't had a significant release in months. The 3DS STOMPS all over the handheld market with gems like Fire Emblem Awakening, Etrian Odyssey, Bravely Default, Kid Icarus, Mario 3D World, Zelda: LBW, Pokemon Y/X, and dozens of other titles.

I've gotten plenty of cheap deals on Nintendo 3ds games. Maybe your cag-fu isn't as strong.

If you don't like Nintendo, don't buy Nintendo. But stop the bellyaching already.

You're sounding like chimpmeister lite. He'll be in shortly to troll this thread I'm sure.
This. Plus the most expensive LE I paid was for the Zelda OoT for $190 ($220 MSRP). All of the other ones were under $150.

I honestly don't mind all the "limited" editions. I would've bought the Yoshi green 3DS for my son but he is 3 going on 4 and won't know how to play. I, on the other hand, remember being about 4 years old and seeing my cousin blowing into the golden cartridge... Zelda. I remember watching him play and remembering that it was the only golden cartridge he had out of a sea of grey plastic. It stood out. It still does. So when Cowboom was having a sale on golden Zelda 3DS XLs for $99, I had to have it. So I bought 2 and sold 1. After flipping 1 more 3DS XL, my golden Zelda 3DS XL was paid for and I made a $20 profit  

...and A Link Between Worlds was already installed on my console  :D/

What the eff are you talking about? The best game on PS4 is a sequel to a game that came out years ago and plays very much the same. The newest, hottest PC game is an expansion to a dungeon crawler that was recently tweaked to play much more like it's 15-year-old predecessor. The Vita houses more ports than anything else and hasn't had a significant release in months. The 3DS STOMPS all over the handheld market with gems like Fire Emblem Awakening, Etrian Odyssey, Bravely Default, Kid Icarus, Mario 3D World, Zelda: LBW, Pokemon Y/X, and dozens of other titles.
You have to ignore peter. He obviously can't make money flipping 20 of these, or any nintendo product so he rages.

You have to ignore peter. He obviously can't make money flipping 20 of these, or any nintendo product so he rages.
Exactly he made remarks in the donkey kong tropical freeze $49.99 thread yesterday as well as detailed hatred about the Bethesda wolfstein ce thread I honestly don't think I ever seen one positive comment of his in any thread lol

bread's done
Back