3DS XL Wal-Mart Nintendo

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#31 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:02 AM

are not all successful businesses money hungry?

The difference is, their business model sucks. Their competition consistently offers new, innovative products, while also lowering prices and offering plenty of sales. Nintendo needs to go out of business or stop acting like it's 1985. They're not top dog. They don't run the game anymore. They offer outdated products at extremely high prices, and to the dismay of their consumer base, they never lower prices. Yeah, that's a company you want to support...

#32 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:07 AM

The difference is, their business model sucks. Their competition consistently offers new, innovative products, while also lowering prices and offering plenty of sales. Nintendo needs to go out of business or stop acting like it's 1985. They're not top dog. They don't run the game anymore. They offer outdated products at extremely high prices, and to the dismay of their consumer base, they never lower prices. Yeah, that's a company you want to support...

Cool story bro. I'm just looking for a console, not to invest long term in their stock.

Someone else said this but it's worth repeating: cag was much better before everyone was a market analyst.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#33 BasehunterX

BasehunterX

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

They are releasing so many limited edition 3DS XL's because most of them are just some stupid pencil art on the top with a normal color around the rest of it. Plus most of the XL's either have a white or black shell with a special colored plates on the back.

It allows for "special editions" for days...Hell im surprised the general public hasnt started making the plastic plates.

#34 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

Cool story bro. I'm just looking for a console, not to invest long term in their stock.

Someone else said this but it's worth repeating: cag was much better before everyone was a market analyst.

What you should be thinking about is the cost of the games on the system. There are no "CAG worthy" deals on Nintendo systems. Especially for games developed by Nintendo. It amazes me that this shit company has the gall to charge $40 for their games (upped the price $10 for no justifiable reason), then offer slightly improved graphics that shell a twenty year old gaming experience. They don't drop their prices, they don't offer any good sales etc. Investing in this system is very costly, and you're not getting anything you haven't gotten before. On a PC, Xbox, PS3/4 you get new, innovative ideas, which offer a much more enjoyable and fulfilling experience, and the prices drop quickly to a CAG level. 

I'm sure everyone here knows at this point that I don't like Nintendo. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how you can justify supporting a company that's blatantly ripping its customers off. 

Also, really, who are they trying to appeal to with this gimmick? Pampered children with their hands on mommy and daddy's wallet? Everything this company does seriously annoys me.

#35 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:17 AM

I've gotten plenty of cheap deals on Nintendo 3ds games. Maybe your cag-fu isn't as strong.

If you don't like Nintendo, don't buy Nintendo. But stop the bellyaching already.

You're sounding like chimpmeister lite. He'll be in shortly to troll this thread I'm sure.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#36 Raww

Raww

Special Agent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:18 AM

Was getting really jealous as I read the title...then I saw the pic.  Move along...

#37 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:25 AM

Seems like Nintendo is losing their touch with these "Limited Edition" 3DS's.

The designs just get worse and worse, Mario&Luigi one looked disappointing the Yoshi one looked like not much thought was put into it, the Year of Luigi one looked terrible, the Animal Crossing one sucked and now this one looks disappointing especially since color wise looks the same as the Mario&Luigi one just with a new image.

663892.png?17663317

#38 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:28 AM

There are too much of these "limited" edition 3DS's.

Yeah but only a couple of them are not awful.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#39 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:28 AM

I kinda like the Yoshi one.

Zelda was the best. Fire emblem was pretty good. Pickahu isn't my thing but it was cool.

This one looks like bubbles.

Ees7Y.jpg

#40 CzakJ

CzakJ

The rest is easy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:35 AM

If only whoknows was around. I miss that guy's pro-Nintendo platform.

#41 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:38 AM

I kinda like the Yoshi one.

Zelda was the best. Fire emblem was pretty good. Pickahu isn't my thing but it was cool.

This one looks like bubbles.

The Yoshi one was ok, I didn't really like the Zelda one but it wasn't awful.

I play a lot of Animal Crossing but the AC XL wasn't great.

I think my favs are those Blue and Red Pokemon ones.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#42 InedibleFood

InedibleFood

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:48 AM

I really don't get why you guys complain about all the different LE 3DS XLs that have/are going to come out. Gives variety of consoles since not everybody likes Yoshi, Zelda, etc and also if you don't want them, don't buy it. The only person it hurts is Nintendo.

#43 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:18 AM

it appears to be a walmart exclusive only (will not be available at the Nintendo World Store), so those gow 3, and ni no kuni trade ins might come in handy.

http://www.joystiq.c...tendo-world-st/

#44 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:23 AM

I LOVE MICKEY MOUSE!!!! :^)

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#45 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:31 AM

What you should be thinking about is the cost of the games on the system. There are no "CAG worthy" deals on Nintendo systems. Especially for games developed by Nintendo. It amazes me that this shit company has the gall to charge $40 for their games (upped the price $10 for no justifiable reason), then offer slightly improved graphics that shell a twenty year old gaming experience. They don't drop their prices, they don't offer any good sales etc. Investing in this system is very costly, and you're not getting anything you haven't gotten before. On a PC, Xbox, PS3/4 you get new, innovative ideas, which offer a much more enjoyable and fulfilling experience, and the prices drop quickly to a CAG level. 

I'm sure everyone here knows at this point that I don't like Nintendo. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how you can justify supporting a company that's blatantly ripping its customers off. 

Also, really, who are they trying to appeal to with this gimmick? Pampered children with their hands on mommy and daddy's wallet? Everything this company does seriously annoys me.

What the eff are you talking about? The best game on PS4 is a sequel to a game that came out years ago and plays very much the same. The newest, hottest PC game is an expansion to a dungeon crawler that was recently tweaked to play much more like it's 15-year-old predecessor. The Vita houses more ports than anything else and hasn't had a significant release in months. The 3DS STOMPS all over the handheld market with gems like Fire Emblem Awakening, Etrian Odyssey, Bravely Default, Kid Icarus, Mario 3D World, Zelda: LBW, Pokemon Y/X, and dozens of other titles.

Posted Image

#46 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:37 AM

I've gotten plenty of cheap deals on Nintendo 3ds games. Maybe your cag-fu isn't as strong.

If you don't like Nintendo, don't buy Nintendo. But stop the bellyaching already.

You're sounding like chimpmeister lite. He'll be in shortly to troll this thread I'm sure.

This.  Plus the most expensive LE I paid was for the Zelda OoT for $190 ($220 MSRP).  All of the other ones were under $150.

#47 latin trident

latin trident

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:47 AM

I honestly don't mind all the "limited" editions. I would've bought the Yoshi green 3DS for my son but he is 3 going on 4 and won't know how to play. I, on the other hand, remember being about 4 years old and seeing my cousin blowing into the golden cartridge... Zelda. I remember watching him play and remembering that it was the only golden cartridge he had out of a sea of grey plastic. It stood out. It still does. So when Cowboom was having a sale on golden Zelda 3DS XLs for $99, I had to have it. So I bought 2 and sold 1. After flipping 1 more 3DS XL, my golden Zelda 3DS XL was paid for and I made a $20 profit  

...and A Link Between Worlds was already installed on my console  :D/

#48 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:55 AM

What the eff are you talking about? The best game on PS4 is a sequel to a game that came out years ago and plays very much the same. The newest, hottest PC game is an expansion to a dungeon crawler that was recently tweaked to play much more like it's 15-year-old predecessor. The Vita houses more ports than anything else and hasn't had a significant release in months. The 3DS STOMPS all over the handheld market with gems like Fire Emblem Awakening, Etrian Odyssey, Bravely Default, Kid Icarus, Mario 3D World, Zelda: LBW, Pokemon Y/X, and dozens of other titles.

You have to ignore peter.  He obviously can't make money flipping 20 of these, or any nintendo product so he rages.

#49 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:59 AM

You have to ignore peter. He obviously can't make money flipping 20 of these, or any nintendo product so he rages.

Exactly he made remarks in the donkey kong tropical freeze $49.99 thread yesterday as well as detailed hatred about the Bethesda wolfstein ce thread I honestly don't think I ever seen one positive comment of his in any thread lol

#50 Mostly Human

Mostly Human

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:03 AM

Has to be an April fools joke.

#51 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:03 AM

I really don't get why you guys complain about all the different LE 3DS XLs that have/are going to come out. Gives variety of consoles since not everybody likes Yoshi, Zelda, etc and also if you don't want them, don't buy it. The only person it hurts is Nintendo.

It's funny because so many people complained when Nintendo would release a 3DS LE exclusive to other countries and people claiming they would buy them if they came to US. Here we are with LE 3DS coming out regularly and people are actually complaining that there are too many. To be fair, this is probably the worst LE, but no reason to complain about it with plenty of others to choose from.

OrganizedChaos11.png

#52 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:06 AM

Did they really need to slap the logo for the game on it? A little subtlety would've piqued my interest, but this looks like a promotional 3DS XL more than it does a collector's item.

#53 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:10 AM

This thing is pretty ugly.  Could have done so much more with Mickey.  Still waiting for those Yoshi ones to hit clearance at Target. 

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#54 MrGranger

MrGranger

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:14 AM

I don't see a problem with these being readily available in the US.  It's kind of nice actually.  I don't think this is the best design but it's not horrible to me.  I'm sure a lot of Disney fans will buy them up.

#55 booni3

booni3

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:23 AM

I've found the 3DS LEs to seem more limited when they meet the following conditions: 

-Includes a good/praised game

-saves you $20 or what have you compared to buying 3DS + game ala carte 

-looks really neat and is themed after said good/praised game 

The LEs without games bundled in appeal exclusively to collector's or those who don't have one yet and just about everyone has one by now. In the case of the LEs becoming rare/valuable and what not, perhaps the same number of LEs is always produced, only the demand for the more lucrative bundles is much higher than just a new color alone? Just a thought. 

That being said this one actually looks nicer imo than the M&L, Yoshi and Pokemon XY LEs, even if I'm happy with the blue one I got after wearing out a cosmo black since launch. 

Like New PS Vita Wi-Fi Bundle w/ 16GB Memory Card, Charger, Box, Travel Pouch and Mortal Kombat - $250 (obo) shipped.SOLD!

Like New 3DS Bundle/ 4GB Memory Card, Charger, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Monster 4X4 - $160 obo SOLD! 

#56 shadowneko003

shadowneko003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:26 AM

I like the design, but would have been better in black 3ds

shadowneko003.png

#57 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:44 AM

I really like the design, but my wife loves it. She's considering selling her Pikachu XL to buy the Mickey edition.

16Z462z.jpg

#58 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:52 AM

Walmart?

#59 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:55 AM

I'd like it more if it didnt have that stupid logo. It makes me think a bit about Kingdom Hearts or something.

Either way pass for me, just like the Yoshi.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#60 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:26 AM

Already have Zelda Bundle $150 & Pikachu 3DS XL $160 and Mario Kart Bundle $150 plus $30 GC.  I wish Nintendo pushing more Wii U Limited Console instead 3DS XL ;)

"Evil is Funs"