Best Buy 10% Coupon E-mail?

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!
So, I just received an e-mail from Best Buy saying "Congratulation on your new home!" (weird...I haven't moved recently)...and it contains a coupon for 10% off an item, with several exclusions. However, I don't see video game consoles among them, so I was thinking it might word on an Xbox One or PS4. Did anyone else get this?

I went to print it, and the page that came up gave me an online code to use as well, so I decided to make a test run on BestBuy.com.

The result?

Titanfall Xbox One bundle for $404.99. It does indeed work. Probably going to go for a PS4, though.

I got one, but it doesn't work for any video games. I have GCU though, so that might be why. Was hoping it would stack. No idea why I got it either.

I'm a best buy employee. I've seen the "Welcome to your new home" coupon in my store and I can verify it works on games and stacks with GCU as long as they put in your rewardzone/mybestbuy information in FIRST. Then it takes the additional 10% off. I've tested it. This was for the physical coupon though, not sure if the e-mailed one has a universal UPC (bar code) or not, but the physical coupons did and could be scanned more than once (which is how I tested it). Too bad employees can't use this coupon.

I just got one that said "sorry we cancelled your back ordered pre order game dying light " ... What and the f**k is that about!... Isn't a pre order held till, well, it's released or officially cancelled (which it hasnt). Bestbuy sucks for pre orders online.

I received the coupon. I moved in December. I assume they want you to use the coupon on an appliance but I do not see limitations.

If anyone DOES get this and has no use for it, I am going to be buying a SSD in the morning from BB in store, the FINAL piece of the PC. If someone were to pm me it, it would save me about $14. I would be extremely grateful!

[quote name="miyamotorola" post="11658458" timestamp="1396351191"]Someday I can move AND save 10%?![/quote]
No. Best Buy will be dead by then.

I got the coupon, and I never get anything. It's valid from 3/13-5/13, wonder why it took two weeks send. At least it'll give me some time to figure out what to spend it on.

I guess BB also sends this 10% coupon for birthdays, because I got one from "My BestBuy" on 3/27 that says "Happy Birthday to You" and mentions my April birthday (which is accurate). My coupon doesn't mention videogame or console exclusions. Make sure your MyBB account profile has your birthdate (or at least the month) updated, you might get one too.

I got both a birthday one for April which is accurate, then a moving coupon which I don't remember doing anything for?

Got one too.  Now I have to figure out what to get, maybe the Wii U will drop in price before the coupon expires.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually did move recently and didn't get one :wall: .

May have to ask for one, from a rep or something, since I'm in the market for a HDTV and 10 percent off will help kill the tax at least.

May have to ask for one, from a rep or something, since I'm in the market for a HDTV and 10 percent off will help kill the tax at least.
When I've bought TV's at best buy before, you can ask for a deal on a TV. Once got $50 off. This isn't an April fools joke either.

I got a birthday 10% off.
The issue is it excludes almost everything I would be interested in.

When I've bought TV's at best buy before, you can ask for a deal on a TV. Once got $50 off. This isn't an April fools joke either.
I'm not sure if this one will allow for haggling but its always worth a shot.

Also what does the coupon exclude?

if you did the forwarding adress for mail, there should be a 10% coupon in the welcome packet from USPS and when you sign up for the forwarding, you also can get a 10% coupons for target and best buy
got this coupon and I did move plus the above 2 coupons from usps lol

Anyone can get this, just go to the post office and ask for a change of address packet.   You'll get the forms to fill out along with coupons from Bestbuy, Lowes, Homedepot and local Cable Companies.

The post office doesn't keep track of this, so it's not something that will come back on you if you don't move.

If anyone DOES get this and has no use for it, I am going to be buying a SSD in the morning from BB in store, the FINAL piece of the PC. If someone were to pm me it, it would save me about $14. I would be extremely grateful!

Hemi, if you still need an online coupon you can have mine. I never give stuff to lurkers because I despise their very existence :) Only members.

I've lived at my apartment for years and still got the coupon. Did nothing out of the ordinary other than buy the usual gaming deals here and there with a few preorders along the way. I have not bought anything that wasn't gaming related from Best Buy for a good couple of months now. So my guess is this coupon is just one of those random ones like how some people periodically get those $10 RZ certs.

It looks a lot like the modern GCU coupons. One online code and one barcode for in-store use. It states single-use only so unfortunately, it does not appear to be a universal one as mentioned by I Like Toitles. Expires 5/13.

I did move last year, so I guess I wouldn't feel too weird requesting a change of address packet.  Just got a new TV and I'm looking to pick up a PS4 to go along with it, but I've been looking out for any sort of discount I can find.

If anyone has an online coupon they don't plan on using though, I'd be extremely grateful.

Here was the fine print on my Happy B-day coupon (for exclusions):

Markdowns taken from regular prices. Not valid with any other coupons, offers or price match requests. Excludes Bose® audio products; Beats by Dr. Dre; Polk Audio; Denon; Boston Acoustics; select Samsung home audio, TVs, Blu-ray & DVD players; Sony home audio & headphones, TVs & 3D glasses, Blu-ray players, DVD players & set top boxes; select LG TVs & Blu-ray players, select Sharp TVs; Apple ® iPod; Apple computing accessories; Leap Motion Controller; Wacom tablets & stylus; subscription software services; Apple iPad and accessories, Galaxy tablets and tablet hardware, Motorola tablet accessories; eReader hardware & POSA cards; Sony camcorders, digital cameras, NEX cameras, DSLR cameras, lenses & flashes; Canon DSLR cameras, compact system cameras, lenses & flashes, G1X, S110, G16; Nikon DSLR cameras, compact system cameras, lenses & flashes, Coolpix A, P520 & S800c; GoPro cameras; iPhone and iPhone mobile accessories; unlocked phones; contract mobile phones; mobile broadband devices; digital music services and download cards; Electrolux Major Appliances; air conditioners, fans and dehumidifiers; Pacific Sales products; Magnolia products: Samsung TVs and Blu-ray players, Sony TVs, Blu-ray players and projectors, Sharp 90" TVs, Epson projectors, Sennheiser, Bowers & Wilkins, MartinLogan, McIntosh, Universal Remote Control™ , Arcam, Peachtree, Savant, Sonus faber, Oppo and SpeakerCraft Audio and special order merchandise; Clearance & More and Marketplace items; special order, clearance, demo and open-box items; gift cards; taxes. Selection varies by store. Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Valid on in store and in stock items only. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A.; excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Not valid at Best Buy Express Kiosks. Online and in-store offer may vary. Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Coupon valid 3/27/14 – 4/30/14. JM1

bread's done
Back