Paypal does not protect sellers

• Thread starter Deleted member 182844
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 182844

I sold a Wii U game on eBay not too long ago and around 20 days later, someone opened a dispute claiming it was "internally damaged" because it didn't work on his kid's Wii (not Wii U as it was intended for). It ended up going in his favor, even though I provided evidence including tracking, pictures, that the title and description stated Wii U game. So I called them up asking why it was decided in his favor and the person said "it's just to ease the relationship between buyers and sellers. I know he probably purchased the wrong thing, but it was just best to resolve it this way." Even assuming I get in back in the condition it was sent in, I now have an item that has depreciated in value since there's a limited window to sell some games for a reasonable price. Has anyone else had ridiculous experiences like this selling things on eBay?

Last edited:
Be happy they're even sending it back. People on Amazon have gotten ripped off this way and Amazon often doesn't make the buyer send the item back.

if there's no return tracking back to you, just claim to eBay you never got it. they will only force the refund after you get your item back. the buyer is probably too stupid to think about return tracking since they couldn't even read your listing in the first place. there's a chance you keep your money and get the game back used to resell. hopefully you get to stick it to the buyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sold a Wii U game on eBay not too long ago and around 20 days later, someone opened a dispute claiming it was "internally damaged" because it didn't work on his kid's Wii (not Wii U as it was intended for). It ended up going in his favor, even though I provided evidence including tracking, pictures, that the title and description stated Wii U game. So I called them up asking why it was decided in his favor and the person said "it's just to ease the relationship between buyers and sellers. I know he probably purchased the wrong thing, but it was just best to resolve it this way." Even assuming I get in back in the condition it was sent in, I now have an item that has depreciated in value since there's a limited window to sell some games for a reasonable price. Has anyone else had ridiculous experiences like this selling things on eBay?
i had someone wait 29 days to say they did not get their item. When i showed them the tracking shows it was delivered 26 days ago they come up with this story that O they went on vaction for 7 days and when they came back the game was no their box. told them to go fuck off scammer. Ebay sided with me an i got my cash

if there's no return tracking back to you, just claim to eBay you never got it. they will only force the refund after you get your item back. the buyer is probably too stupid to think about return tracking since they couldn't even read your listing in the first place. there's a chance you keep your money and get the game back used to resell. hopefully you get to stick it to the buyer.
Oh man, I hope that happens.

Be happy they're even sending it back. People on Amazon have gotten ripped off this way and Amazon often doesn't make the buyer send the item back.
Amazon sounds terrible for selling -- glad I didn't open an account.

i had someone wait 29 days to say they did not get their item. When i showed them the tracking shows it was delivered 26 days ago they come up with this story that O they went on vaction for 7 days and when they came back the game was no their box. told them to go fuck off scammer. Ebay sided with me an i got my cash
That's good that they sided with you at least. What a bullshit excuse.

Oh man, I hope that happens.

Amazon sounds terrible for selling -- glad I didn't open an account.

That's good that they sided with you at least. What a bullshit excuse.
selling online is terrible everywhere. The buyer has all the power and the general public is stupid and/or malicious.

It's a tough way to make a few bucks.

I've lucked out honestly in my selling. I've only had one person be a total piece of work. Game got lost in the mail system for a few weeks. He got his game a few weeks later and refused to rebuy or return. Aside from that I haven't had a person rip me off. I had one other try but backed down eventually. Overall, I consider myself lucky. I've sold a good amount of stuff too (2000+ ebay feedback)

I have sold a couple of Wii U games on EBay and always put in the description that the game will not work on the Wii since I'm concerned about having the same issue with a buyer just seeing the word Wii (and not the U after it) and just thinking it works on the Wii. Sadly it seems impossible to win a not as described dispute as a seller. Even if the seller is 100% right, they will probably lose the dispute anyway. Thankfully the one time I had a not as described dispute and of course lost, the buyer never sent back the item so they didn't get their money back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had this happen quite a bit on ebay. It sucks, and makes me really reluctant to sell on there unless I need the cash.

sell just wrote me and now saying their neighbor kid took the item . LOL like i said before whatever scammer

bread's done
Back