helpacag value questions whatsitworth

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

So, I made a thread where I asked for help on placing a value on a lot I was looking at and I thought it went well.

This thread is for advice on lots where people may be having trouble placing a value. Anyone can post or give advice to help a fellow CAG.

#2 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

reserved

past lots:

http://www.cheapassg...r-this-3do-lot/

#3 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

I may have a little agenda...

This lady wants $120 for the lot, it includes a red DSlite (not pictured). She will sell the game individually for $12 each. I was thinking about just buying Heartgold and Pearl for $24 total.

0DgmRjw.jpg

So CAGs...How much should I pay for this lot? ;)

#4 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:48 PM

I'd only pay $70-80 for it, since I estimate I could get $130-$150(If I sold the games individually) on ebay.

#5 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

I'd only pay $70-80 for it, since I estimate I could get $130-$150(If I sold the games individually) on ebay.

I was going to offer $75, but I have a feeling she may stick to her guns. I thought maybe she would go $10 each if I picked up 5 games or something. Pokemon games tend to hold their value, right? Maybe she will make me a deal just on those...

#6 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:27 AM

I was going to offer $75, but I have a feeling she may stick to her guns. I thought maybe she would go $10 each if I picked up 5 games or something. Pokemon games tend to hold their value, right? Maybe she will make me a deal just on those...

If you want to just get the two main Pokemon games $12 is a steal, offer her lower on the other 3 between $8 or $10, what ever you feel more comfortable with. The other games really are just crap games other than the mario games.

#7 thereefernander

thereefernander

CAG Best Buy Employee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:03 AM

I'll buy that heart gold ;) Always wanted to check one of those out from that Gen never got to though.

htv6oenzsznakco9zuqt.png
Signature created by Audacious.
616464.png

#8 thecobb8

thecobb8

Welcome to Cobb

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:09 AM

Some guy on my local craigslist just posted an Xbox One for $320. I'm not really into the XBone but I'm really tempted to just buy the damn thing and flip on eBay lol.

#9 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:50 AM

Some guy on my local craigslist just posted an Xbox One for $320. I'm not really into the XBone but I'm really tempted to just buy the damn thing and flip on eBay lol.

I would be cautious about it since unless you can play it first. that is pretty damn cheap.

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!

#10 Collectorguy00

Collectorguy00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:27 AM

Talking to this guy for this SNES lot but I'm not sure what to pay for it

Sunset riders

Super Metroid

Super Castlevania

Mega Man X

Star Fox

Gradius 3

Super r type

Donkey Kong Country 2

F Zero

Ghouls and ghosts

Sun Squadron

Killer Instinct

Wario Woods

He's asking $140.  I know some of those carts are worth around 30ish.  Are any of these reproduced enough that I verify them?

Posted ImagePosted Image
"I'd rather Rashad win because he got a big mouth and I don't like the fact that he play with his nipples right before he go and fight another man, that's gay!" Rampage Jackson on Evans vs Machida

#11 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

You are barely making anything after fees and shipping.  The price for the system has dropped a lot.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#12 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

OK, most of these I should be able to pick up between $2-$5 each.

I'm already buying Conker, Norrath PS2, Battlefront and the sealed SoulC2 PS2.

Are there any other gems I am missing? (btw there are 4 pics)

#13 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:14 PM

Destruction Derby Arenas is worth a few bucks last I checked. You won't get rich but I'd grab it for the price. Breakdown is a fantastic game and has sentimental value for me. I wrote the first published review for it. Not worth much though
www.vg-force.com

#14 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:44 PM

I'll grab that one too thanks for the heads up! I already cherry picked from these, but she had to check pricing with her brother on the games I listed.

#15 Ironman8

Ironman8

Nuka-Cola drinker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:48 AM

OK, most of these I should be able to pick up between $2-$5 each.

What about Simpson's Hit and Run Gamecube. Grab that one for a buck if you can.

Ironman8 CAG picture gallery. 

#16 Ironman8

Ironman8

Nuka-Cola drinker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:50 AM

How about Myst IV on Xbox. Don't know value.

#17 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:52 AM

I met up with her again tonight and I forgot the one bing suggested.  :wall:  I'll add that simpsons GC one to my list too. lol I think $2 is as low as she will go, but maybe she will take less since I bought from her 2 times already. :)

#18 Ironman8

Ironman8

Nuka-Cola drinker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:52 AM

Don't play Xbox but haven't seen Myst in the wild not on PC.

#19 Ironman8

Ironman8

Nuka-Cola drinker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:15 AM

How much should I charge? 

I have this lot in the picture.  It's going to be garage sale leftovers.  I would like to sell this lot on Craigslist locally.  I would like to get an average of $4 an item for this lot.  Is this realistic on Craigslist?  I would think the buy point would be $2 an item as a lot.  I can sweeten the pot with better games or possibly a PS2 console.   How can I make the most money on this lot on Craigslist?  I don't need or want these anymore and they hold no value on Amazon.  No paypal suggestions or EBay.

gallery_354731_8409_987898.jpg

#20 Ironman8

Ironman8

Nuka-Cola drinker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:30 AM

Wondering if I should keep those boxed N64 games now.  Boxed N64 games are hard to find in that condition.  Even if they are only sport games.

#21 Equistina

Equistina

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:57 AM

Wondering if I should keep those boxed N64 games now. Boxed N64 games are hard to find in that condition. Even if they are only sport games.

Personally, I would.

I see games I want ;_;

Equistina.png

#22 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

Slowdive....I'd grab Neo Contra and Outrun 2 as well. Both pretty fun games. 

#23 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:02 AM

Saw this at my local Meijer. It looks like it's been opened before. Not sure if it's a good deal.

gCtRyCq.jpg

#24 Ironman8

Ironman8

Nuka-Cola drinker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:13 AM

Saw this at my local Meijer. It looks like it's been opened before. Not sure if it's a good deal.

gCtRyCq.jpg

It's okay for brand new. If your looking for a slim PS2 check craigslist and yard sales. You already know this Ferrari. My boxed PS2 slim was $25 at thrift. Not new but everything for $25. Without the box I grabbed one for $15 I think.

Check my post in this same thread. Need help prcing a lot. Sold the Weeds DVD' s though.

#25 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:04 PM

This has to be a joke: http://stlouis.craig...4479837672.html

It looks like Stadium Events for NES, by my NES knowledge is a bit lacking.  $50 for that lot would be crazy cheap, right?

631840.png

#26 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

Yes. 2000 would be crazy cheap. That is almost certainly fake though.
www.vg-force.com

#27 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

Ok, thanks.  Just making sure I'm not crazy.  I had to message the guy still, just for fun.  Of course no reply. . .

#28 stiner

stiner

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:34 PM

http://stlouis.craig...4483046457.html

So just saw this thread and was wondering what you guys thought of this.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:49 AM

Well he knows about games if he knows the differences between geneses consoles (I don't really know the difference TBH). The fact that he said he would take guides stands out to me as an opportunity if you have a lot of penny guides. I assume he will want something in trade of about $200, but that is a wild guess.

#30 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:21 AM

Short and sweet, need advice on a potential buy

Landstalker (cart only) 8 bucks and some change. I rarely buy genesis games that aren't CIB but this seems like a hard game to find. I could just print out the artwork as I have extra cases.

Is it worth it?

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: helpacag, value, questions, whatsitworth