Which next gen console should be my first purchase?

dagodcrixus

CAG Newbie
I've been loyal to my 360. i tried ps3 once and i didn't enjoy it tho the uncharted demo was fun.

But games i've played alot are forza and fifa the past 5 years this is all i play with the occasinal assassins creed and borderlands i'm sorta picky about games i play and buy.

i feel like with xbox one i get familirty with those titles and i wouldn't need to restart on fifa which is the game i play more then anything.

but i keep hearing how the ps4 is better in every area other then games neither have exclusives other then forza that really fancy my tickle so most games i'd buy would be multi plat and graphics install boot times do not bother in me anyway.

but the ubisoft contet exclusive to ps4 really does intrest me aswell as i'm burnt out on fifa and forza and do want something new

so what should i do?

I'd go ps4 if you're burnt out on MS exclusives.

Plus multiplats run better and the system is cheaper. Though the Titanfall bundle in sale for $450 mitigates that currently.

I was mostly 360 this gen, but staying PS4 only this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
see nothing comeing out on ps4 exclusivly intrests me and i don't care if multi plats play better on ps4 or that its more powerful or has better graphics.

i care about games that i know i'll play online for a long time and i know forza and fifa i get that. every other game look slike a one time play through and i'd be done with it.

i think i might jus go the one as its fimilar and get ps4 during blackfriday even if there is not price cut on it.

I wouldnt be able to recommend either right now. PS4 has the momentum, but who knows what is to come. XBox One's dashboard still seems like it is a year of updates before it is even finished. MS will likely fix that one day and will get it working better than Sonys dash.

Also, the Sony controller, while much better than PS3s, is still nowhere near as good as the XBox. The placement of the left analogue just sucks and the actual sticks themselves just arent comfortable. On the other hand, XBox controller has this shitty battery case that you just push down on and slide out. Several times I have been playing and all the sudden the game stopped to say my controller disconnected, this was because the batteries moved around and popped out of place. So far from perfect too.

The games so far seem like PS4 will have the superior versions. What with all the games so far that MS couldnt get 1080p on their versions.

If I could only get one I would wait until there are any games out to play on them. But likely PS4 will be the one to get.

i think i'm going to stick to forza and fifa for now and pick up the ps4 later on and use it as my story mode game machine. i will own both i guess i just want instant love and mad replay value and i get that in forza and fifa.

i think i'm going to stick to forza and fifa for now and pick up the ps4 later on and use it as my story mode game machine. i will own both i guess i just want instant love and mad replay value and i get that in forza and fifa.
Just to throw this out there... One I play FIFA just like you and was an all 360 guy last gen, got FIFA 14 on PS4 and love it. As far as Forza, depending on what you like about Forza, The PS4 will have Driveclub soon which will be free for PS PLus users. Not to mention there is word that Gran Turismo 7 will be here shortly after their failure on 6 and the disconnecting of Gran turismo 5.

If it is just about multi plats then there really is no contest, the value and current support of the PS4 is above the One. The amount of free games and quality free games is great.

The real questions are what kind of games you actually like, I can tell you what is coming out for both. But truly if those two games are all and you are mostly playing multiplats... then truthfully the PS4 is equal and above what you would want. As far as familiarity, you feel that a lot more than you think with the PS4, coming from a 360 only user.

see nothing comeing out on ps4 exclusivly intrests me and i don't care if multi plats play better on ps4 or that its more powerful or has better graphics.

i care about games that i know i'll play online for a long time and i know forza and fifa i get that. every other game look slike a one time play through and i'd be done with it.

i think i might jus go the one as its fimilar and get ps4 during blackfriday even if there is not price cut on it.
If that's the case, then kind of a waste of time to ask us and yeah, just go X1 first since it seems the best fit for you.

see drive club is going to be need for speedish way to aracdey tons of car smasing no good drifting mechanics you can tell 

i like SIM RACERS AND i hate gt it looks worse the cars sound awful the tracks look nothing like they do outside of background trees and cities. i hate gt just do sorry forza is my shit

and getting fifa for ps4 would be pointless i have 2 million ultimate team coins on 360 which would go to my one account and i won a few untradable legends on it which are exclusive to xbox

like i said i don't care if the ps4 runs smoother and has prettier graphics thats not my cup of team. what is knowing i'm going to play so and so game online.

and with forza and fifa i know i'll get this. if i have to rely on just fifa for online gaming on ps4 i don't see it worthy.

i'll just pick up ps4 later that way when its cheaper i'll feel like i got my money worth and if its that much better i'll get rid of the xbox and recoupe some ps4 money

i just dont want something now that i can play and have fun. nothing on ps4 calls out to me other then ac4 and i can get that on the one.

only ps4 game i must have would be the final fanstasy hd and even then im not dying to play it. but i haven't played a video game in a month due to my gold running out.

Sounds like you already made your choice but you are hesitant to spend $500+ on a new console.  I have both consoles and spend about 90% off my time on my PS4 because thats where the games I want to play are.  The games you want to play are on Xbox One so get an Xbox One.  

I think it all depends on what games you want to play, have a look and the upcoming releases then make a decision. If you havent had a chance to play on either of the consoles I would definately recommend going into gamestop and have a little play.

I think it all depends on what games you want to play, have a look and the upcoming releases then make a decision. If you havent had a chance to play on either of the consoles I would definately recommend going into gamestop and have a little play.
I've been also basing my console on the upcoming releases. oh by the way thanks for that recommendation. It didn't came up on my mind that it could be possible to go into a game shop and have a little play. maybe i'm just too shy to do it myself. but anyway thanks.!

Sounds like you made up your mind already. Why you're even asking us at this point?

But honesty if you're this conflicted why not just wait? I have a PS4 and it gets some play every now and then but mostly it's a Netflix/Hulu player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you made up your mind already. Why you're even asking us at this point?

But honesty if you're this conflicted why not just wait? I have a PS4 and it gets some play every now and then but mostly it's a Netflix/Hulu player.
I thought he just made this post recently too haha. He asked for advice back in April.

bread's done
Back