Tomb Raider w/ Artbook Packaging for Xbox One: $43.99

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 black_hand313

black_hand313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

Hey everyone, in case anyone wants the Definitive Edition of Tomb Raider with the artbook-style packaging, it's on sale (no PS4 version - sorry). $44 at Best Buy with free shipping (shipping only though). Thought I'd put this deal up since the Limited Edition seems hard to find online now:

http://www.bestbuy.c...aider&lp=1&cp=1

If you just want the standard version, Amazon has the TR:DE on sale for $39.99 on PS4 as well as Xbox One

http://www.amazon.co...initive edition

http://www.amazon.co...dition xbox one

#2 hectorarizpe

hectorarizpe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:35 PM

$38.09 with GCU

#3 dominator

dominator

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

Definitely thinking about picking this up.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#4 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Da fuq you lookin at bruh?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

$38.09 with GCU

$35.19.. Where you get $38.09 from?

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png710791.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Madden 15 & Destiny   :ps4: TLOU:Remastered   :wiiu: Nothing   :360: Nothing   :ps3: Trine 2  :3ds: Nothing   :vita:  Nothing

#5 guessed

guessed

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

Probably included his tax.

Edit: OOS.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#6 hectorarizpe

hectorarizpe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

Yes, this is with tax in Texas.

#7 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

was gonna get it...but Id rather have the ps4 version. If its gonna be the definitive edition, Id want the definitive edition :/

Edit: Back in stock and picked one up. gonna trade it in and keep the artbook.

Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#8 infamy

infamy

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

Been waiting for a decent price for the XB1 version, and this has the artbook? Count me in!

[currently playing]

:360: Forza 5, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Killer Instinct, Rayman Legends

:ps3: Anarchy Reigns

:baby: My beautiful baby daughter

#9 black_hand313

black_hand313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

was gonna get it...but Id rather have the ps4 version. If its gonna be the definitive edition, Id want the definitive edition :/

Edit: Back in stock and picked one up. gonna trade it in and keep the artbook.

The artbook is actually part of the packaging, the disc is in the back cover (like they did for the Arkham City CE). You can't separate them :/

#10 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

The artbook is actually part of the packaging, the disc is in the back cover (like they did for the Arkham City CE). You can't separate them :/

There's nothing stopping him from trading in just the disc to Gamestop or Best Buy.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#11 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

I really hope that don't become a trend with games cause hitman special edition and kingdom hearts 1.5 limited edition were both the same kind packaging also

#12 black_hand313

black_hand313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

Do Best Buy and Gamestop reduce the trade-in value if you trade in the disc by itself? I mostly trade on amazon, I thought Best Buy had the same policy

#13 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

Do Best Buy and Gamestop reduce the trade-in value if you trade in the disc by itself? I mostly trade on amazon, I thought Best Buy had the same policy

Officially, no, only Amazon does that, though you may get difficult employees at Gamestop (who might charge a refurbishing fee for no case, which is BS and should be challenged on the grounds that they aren't going to be selling the game for any less) or Best Buy (who might refuse to take in the game at all). It really depends on your stores.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#14 RienBoyle72

RienBoyle72

Gamer on a budget

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

Great deal for the art book edition especially with GCU!. My wife got this for me at launch, its a great addition to any collection! 

#15 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Da fuq you lookin at bruh?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:44 PM

Yes, this is with tax in Texas.

AH, gotcha. Figured that was the case, was just wondering.

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png710791.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Madden 15 & Destiny   :ps4: TLOU:Remastered   :wiiu: Nothing   :360: Nothing   :ps3: Trine 2  :3ds: Nothing   :vita:  Nothing

#16 Le Dude

Le Dude

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:49 PM

Agh I really wish this was for the PS4. 

#17 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:52 PM

I have seen nothing in the past year or so that indicates there is any extra value in having the art book packaging. If you just want to play the game buy it when it is at its cheapest. If you're buying this because you think it may be valuable in the future..... good luck.

That being said if you are interested in the pictures I'd say you're better of buying the guide or an actual TR artbook if one was released

#18 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:54 PM

I have seen nothing in the past year or so that indicates there is any extra value in having the art book packaging. If you just want to play the game buy it when it is at its cheapest. If you're buying this because you think it may be valuable in the future..... good luck.

That being said if you are interested in the pictures I'd say you're better of buying the guide or an actual TR artbook if one was released

agree lol cause a art book with a disc tray in back isn't very attractive especially when the tray is empty cause you sold or traded the game lol

#19 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:24 AM

Picked it up for $30 last week from X1 Marketplace. Doesn't sound like the artbook fancy enough to buy this just for it. I might check out ebay.

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 07/10/14 *Most Recent: Guacamelee - X1*)   

This Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1), Madden 15 (X1) - Next Week on YouTube: N/A

***Hardest Achievement in Super Time Force Made Easy***

This Weekend on Twitch:  N/A

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP  (FIXED)

#20 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:53 AM

What's my best option for finding a PS4 version? Did all retailers originally have the artbook packaging at launch and has anyone seen them in stores recently?