Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified (PS Vita) $9.99 New at GameStop

Got this a while ago for like 15. Not a bad game, especially at this price. I'm assuming the used price went down as well?

I loved this game when it first came out but it's terribly made. If your an avid cod fan and want it mobile you'll like it. But if your iffy about either don't waste you time. But I will say at this price it's a great deal. In4one even though I sold my vita lol

Is it true the campaign is made up of really, really short missions (like up to 2 minutes?) and the entire thing is like 45 minutes long?  I don't want to believe everything I read online but if that's true then fuck this lol.

Edit: WOW....howlongtobeat.com actually lists the main story as taking 1 hour to beat.  Yeah...no.

Is it true the campaign is made up of really, really short missions (like up to 2 minutes?) and the entire thing is like 45 minutes long? I don't want to believe everything I read online but if that's true then fuck this lol.

Edit: WOW....howlongtobeat.com actually lists the main story as taking 1 hour to beat. Yeah...no.
It's not quite that short, but it is short. Besides, people buy COD for multiplayer...which is pretty bad also. My problem was that the multiplayer was relatively fun despite the small size and limited number of maps, but getting into a match was a painful experience even after patches. You would wait several minutes to try and load a match and then get booted immediately when it started, etc. Whatever matchmaking system they used definitely needed more work. It took me much more time to wait for matches than actually playing them. Not sure if that's gotten any more stable...

5 dollars or less is usually my measuring stick for 'bad' games.  If the used version is 9 before discounts I might have to get it.

FYI the single playet levels are more like arcade style levels in that the game encourages you to replay them under different conditions. It was never worth $40-50 but it's not the embarrassingly broken game many made it out to be.

Killzone is so much better in every way though that you should juat play that instead.

I wish they were putting the real CoD games on Vita.  I'm sure they COULD with enough effort.

I bought this new even despite the bad review :whistle2:/

I'm still blown away by Unit 13, like the fact that it tooootally looks like a...well, now last gen game, to say nothing of Killzone :whistle2:D

It's not quite that short, but it is short. Besides, people buy COD for multiplayer...which is pretty bad also. My problem was that the multiplayer was relatively fun despite the small size and limited number of maps, but getting into a match was a painful experience even after patches. You would wait several minutes to try and load a match and then get booted immediately when it started, etc. Whatever matchmaking system they used definitely needed more work. It took me much more time to wait for matches than actually playing them. Not sure if that's gotten any more stable...
Talked me right out of it. I don't have the patience for bad online matchmaking. Thank you.

I can't find any used listing. I guess that means it's so awesome no one trades it in.
My experience has been that when a game goes on sale and you can't find a used listing on the site it is because they didn't put the used version on sale and don't want to show that.

i had the game since i got my vita last june.

- Story isnt really a story to speak it.  imagine  like 9-10 MW2 spec ops missions  being chained together.  thats the "Story"

- MP isnt the Train wreck most people  said it was.  if you like cod you would Enjoy the  MP.  main problem i had were the getting booted at the loading  screen. 

- outside of that issue,  When the game works.  its a good game. and you wont regret your purchase.  Hell the online is still alive and  kicking.  to have a chance to get this for 10 bucks and not at least try it seems monstrous.

WTF..when you are choosing in-store pick up, shows the price is $19.99. I'd pick it up for $10 easily in store, but haven't had anything shipped to me from GameStop since the very first Days of Summer sale..

edit: Just called, $9.99 in-store no problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea..the last "new" game I bought from Gamestop was opened, had 5..yes, 5..stickers on the box and you could tell the game was clearly not new.

I will probably pass.  Really liked Killzone Mercs and playing Unit13 now.  But I do have enough points to get a $5 off coupon  And it is currently trading for $7 at BB so if I really hated it I could break even or come out maybe a buck or two ahead.  

Not sure I would like the single player enough and haven't done any co-op on my Vita so far on KZ or Unit13 (or any game).

Yeah I think I am going to pass.  I am not going to print the $5 off coupon go to the store and take the chance they don't have it or want $19.99 for it.  

Probably just as well.  Pretty much 90% of the games I am not sure on I end up not liking anyway.

Anyone know if all new copies include a voucher for COD Roads to Victory PSP game? Or was it only the first batch they made?

Is it true the campaign is made up of really, really short missions (like up to 2 minutes?) and the entire thing is like 45 minutes long? I don't want to believe everything I read online but if that's true then fuck this lol.

Edit: WOW....howlongtobeat.com actually lists the main story as taking 1 hour to beat. Yeah...no.
Yes, the campaign is about that short. Took me about 1hr 15min to complete. If you are looking for a single player experience then avoid this. I am sure the multiplayer is better, but according to other users their experiences hasn't been so hot.

Got a 33 out of 100 on metacritic.  Double that and it's still a low score.

Here's a review by IGN:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlFoMFZ1AF8

It's CoD on the go. I'm not expecting console quality and for me it still looks fun for quick bursts while traveling. $9.99 is really the amount I'd pay for it and I don't see it reaching IOS/Android prices since it is a Vita game after all so that makes this a cheap enough price for it. I just came here to inform everyone that my copy came with a download code for Call of Duty: Roads to Victory so if you're on the fence about Black Ops Declassified and you never played the PSP CoD it's two games for the price of one.

The game isn't as bad as everybody says. The controls are handled well. The story isn't much and multiplayer does its job fine. $10 isn't a bad price for this

Gamestop clerk held the last copy for me and it WAS $10 in store price (could be YMMV). Regret redeeming the code for the psp cod game though. Forgot that even though the vita has two sticks the original controls would not be updated to reflect that. Could've probably gotten $10 for the download code on eBay. Missed opportunity

Got a copy. Thanks OP. Seemed good for the price. Haven't played a COD since Black Ops but am interested in a handheld version. Not to beat a mission on hard without getting shot once. Oh boy.

I got this on release day with my vita. It's a lot of fun. The story is short missions like everyone said, but it feels like COD, and it has replayability if you like trying for better scores on harder difficulties and all that. The multiplayer is fun. Yes, like others said, connecting can be a pain in the ass. But when it connects, it's awesome to play. I honestly find myself going back to this game more than most other vita games. And since these new copies come with the psp COD game, which was also good, it's a no brainer at $10.

I just picked up a copy today and they said they had actually just gotten in new copies in their shipment today and that still had the code for Roads To Victory. What is interesting is that it seems like that is the only way to download Roads To Victory. It does not appear to have a listing on the PSN store at all. After playing it some, it seems like the spec ops type missions for the "campaign" would be great to pick up and play during train or bus rides, etc. Overall two games for $10 is a great price.

This game is really not that bad. Not 3/10 bad. Its maybe a 7. I like it a lot because black ops 1 is my favorite cod and its styled after that.

The sounds, visuals and maps all look like black ops 1 and the controls work okay. My biggest complaint is the frame rate is pretty janky and the anaolog sticks on vita don't work great.

There are a lot of people still playing and I'd recommend it to anyone who has a vita and likes cod at all.

For those that recently started playing it, how's the online matchmaking/lobbies?  I basically gave up on it awhile ago and traded it in because I kept getting booted from lobbies or it booted me as soon as the match started.  I also found that I was waiting several minutes for a match to start almost always.  This was after the patch, too.  I might pick this back up if that stuff has improved.

Has anyone checked the used price in store?  I'll be going to pick up something else and can check when I go if it hasn't been checked yet.

Thanks OP. I got Best Buy to PM it yesterday. The cashier told me they stopped PMing from Gamestop and I had no idea. The manager said to go ahead and PM it.

Thanks OP. I got Best Buy to PM it yesterday. The cashier told me they stopped PMing from Gamestop and I had no idea. The manager said to go ahead and PM it.
I would hope they would price match it considering it in there policy to price match any retail store within a 25 miles radius of whatever best buy store you go to.

It has been a while but I price matched The Walking Dead that was on sale at Game Stop for $10 at Best Buy. Cashier couldn't find Game Stop in the system so another associate came over and put it in as an online retailer pricematch.

That said I am going to pick up COD at Game Stop today. I have a $5 coupon for GS so no pricematch for me.

bread's done
Back